Scotland v England

Have great memories of supporting Scotland, Wembley, Liverpool against Wales, when we beat Czechoslovakia in front of 120 thousand. I'm old enough to remember when 80% of the Scotland support was from our club, however, from now on Its a no for me,

Even if the game was played at Ibrox and I got in for free I still wouldn't go. Sad indictment of our times, but for me being in a crowd were the majority of the crowd tried to kill our club is a step to far, wont be supporting England though!

And at least 50% of the players came from our club :pipe:

It was a joke, I wouldn't give the SFA my money, hence the " :lol: ". Still hoping England pump them though. (tu)

Aye, so my point stands, then.

Whats that got to do with anythin I said?

I'll spell it out for you.

The match in NOVEMBER is very close to the indy poll in SEPTEMBER.

Fat alecs stormtroopers who will vote yes will still be very angry at the trouncing that's coming their way.

I'm guessing you'll be one of them ya diddy?? :lol:

Aye, November 18th is only two months after the decision has been made, ya mess. :lol: What a shambolic attempt at digging yerself out of a hole. Brilliant.

There is no way I could support the SFA's national team with fans amoungst them who are anti-british and anti-Rangers. Doesn't mean I have anything against Scotland, I just don't want their football team to succeed.

Are you Scottish? It's your national team. The SFA are the administrators. Do you think that when Scotland win people around the world think 'oh, that's great for the SFA, well done them'. Of course not, because the team doesn't play on behalf of them, it is merely administered by the SFA on behalf of the country.

Also, supporting anyone against Scotland to injure the emotional wellbeing of the tartan army seems a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. You are, in fact, Scottish. It's taking anger at the SFA to the lengths of uncontrolled bitterness.

If the British Govt started acting like cunts, would you disown Britain? No you wouldn't, because they only run the country, they are not the essence of it. I take a similar attitude to Scotland and the SFA.

Are you Scottish? It's your national team. The SFA are the administrators. Do you think that when Scotland win people around the world think 'oh, that's great for the SFA, well done them'. Of course not, because the team doesn't play on behalf of them, it is merely administered by the SFA on behalf of the country.

Also, supporting anyone against Scotland to injure the emotional wellbeing of the tartan army seems a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. You are, in fact, Scottish. It's taking anger at the SFA to the lengths of uncontrolled bitterness.

If the British Govt started acting like cunts, would you disown Britain? No you wouldn't, because they only run the country, they are not the essence of it. I take a similar attitude to Scotland and the SFA.

I consider myself to be British first and foremost which is something that isn't accepted when supporting Scotland. What reaction do you think I'd get if I took a union flag to a Scotland game? A pretty hostile one I'm guessing. I could however take a union flag to an England game and there would be no problem at all.

On top of this, last year when Scotland played England at Wembley, God save the queen got loudly booed. This not only showed their anti-Britishness but also how disrespectul they are towards their own country. I couldn't bring myself to be a part of that, or even cheer them on to win a game.

I consider myself to be British first and foremost which is something that isn't accepted when supporting Scotland. What reaction do you think I'd get if I took a union flag to a Scotland game? A pretty hostile one I'm guessing. I could however take a union flag to an England game and there would be no problem at all.

On top of this, last year when Scotland played England at Wembley, God save the queen got loudly booed. This not only showed their anti-Britishness but also how disrespectul they are towards their own country. I couldn't bring myself to be a part of that, or even cheer them on to win a game.

Isn't accepted? It isn't really relevant. Don't remember the last time I tried to be British at a Scotland game (why would I) and hence I don't remember it not being accepted. why would it be, anyway? You would just be making some sort of weird, inappropriate statement if you did, in the context of Scotland. The Union Flag is more relevant for the English as there has been a historical (and often current) tendency amongst many people to regard the Union Flag as an English flag and representing England. A similar confusion as to when people don't properly distinguish between England and Britain. The dynamic in Scotland is quite different, and taking a Union Jack to a Scotland game would be quite bizarre. If anyone was abusive towards you for it though, that's obviously still not cricket. The gruntish reactions of other people shouldn't be allowed dictate your national leanings though.

The booing of God Save the Queen is just part of the tartan army cultural persona, or at least certain parts of the tartan army. Nobody says you should have to join in. I also wouldn't take it too seriously. The silly antics of the tartan army are not something I'd cry into my porridge over or stop supporting my country because of. That gives them too much importance and too much power over me. They're not worth that.

Isn't accepted? It isn't really relevant. Don't remember the last time I tried to be British at a Scotland game (why would I) and hence I don't remember it not being accepted. why would it be, anyway? You would just be making some sort of weird, inappropriate statement if you did, in the context of Scotland. The Union Flag is more relevant for the English as there has been a historical (and often current) tendency amongst many people to regard the Union Flag as an English flag and representing England. A similar confusion as to when people don't properly distinguish between England and Britain. The dynamic in Scotland is quite different, and taking a Union Jack to a Scotland game would be quite bizarre. If anyone was abusive towards you for it though, that's obviously still not cricket. The gruntish reactions of other people shouldn't be allowed dictate your national leanings though.

The booing of God Save the Queen is just part of the tartan army cultural persona, or at least certain parts of the tartan army. Nobody says you should have to join in. I also wouldn't take it too seriously. The silly antics of the tartan army are not something I'd cry into my porridge over or stop supporting my country because of. That gives them too much importance and too much power over me. They're not worth that.

People who regard the union flag as being an England flag and people who think Britain means England are just ignorant.

To me it sounded about 90% of the Scotland fans in attendence that night booed GSTQ.

People who regard the union flag as being an England flag and people who think Britain means England are just ignorant.

To me it sounded about 90% of the Scotland fans in attendence that night booed GSTQ.

Of course they are, but you're missing the point. It is widely done and so creates a very different dynamic in the two countries in relation to the flag.

As regards the 90%, it doesn't change the point in regards to the tartan army's nonsense influencing your allegiances. Besides, normally these things sound louder or quieter depending on how the sound equipment is manipulated, so it's impossible to say how many were doing it. Even if you are at a stadium it's hugely difficult to tell how many are singing a song or whatever. I also don't think a tartan army travelling support in London is all that representative of the entire Scotland support.

Anyway, parts of the tartan army take rivalry to slight cuntishness. Meh, so what? They wouldn't be the only ones.

The other point worth noting is this will most likely be an England B team - there's hope in hell the managers will let their players play in this midweek friendly. Never worth £50/£60.