Scotland v England

The other point worth noting is this will most likely be an England B team - there's hope in hell the managers will let their players play in this midweek friendly. Never worth £50/£60.

They play Slovenia in qualifying on the 15th of November. So I can imagine they'll have the same squad for both games.

Are you Scottish? It's your national team. The SFA are the administrators. Do you think that when Scotland win people around the world think 'oh, that's great for the SFA, well done them'. Of course not, because the team doesn't play on behalf of them, it is merely administered by the SFA on behalf of the country.

Also, supporting anyone against Scotland to injure the emotional wellbeing of the tartan army seems a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. You are, in fact, Scottish. It's taking anger at the SFA to the lengths of uncontrolled bitterness.

If the British Govt started acting like cunts, would you disown Britain? No you wouldn't, because they only run the country, they are not the essence of it. I take a similar attitude to Scotland and the SFA.

I have been saying this to everyone forever, you support Rangers because it is your club and people support Scotland because of their Nationality, I am British but i was born in Scotland and I will support anyone scoring for Scotland even if I hate them, just like Rangers, I don't like some players playing but if they score who cares, they score for the shirt.

I have been saying this to everyone forever, you support Rangers because it is your club and people support Scotland because of their Nationality, I am British but i was born in Scotland and I will support anyone scoring for Scotland even if I hate them, just like Rangers, I don't like some players playing but if they score who cares, they score for the shirt.

It's not just because of the players that many Rangers fans don't support the national team. It's more to do with the the anti-British, anti-Rangers attitudes of the tartan army as well as the association that the national team is administered by.

Cheering on Scott Brown :power_of_anguish:

It's not just because of the players that many Rangers fans don't support the national team. It's more to do with the the anti-British, anti-Rangers attitudes of the tartan army as well as the association that the national team is administered by.

Which, as I've explained, I don't think is a good reason to support others against your country or not to support your country.

It's up to you, though.

Again, I ask, if the British Govt started acting like cunts, would you disown Britain? If a large section of the British people started acting cuntishly would you disown Britain? If a large section of the British people started hating Rangers would you disown Britain? Or would you love the Britain you want it to be and used to be and try to influence things for it to become what you wanted it to be and used to be and to change the attitudes of the cuntishly acting people?

Some far fetched scenarios there, but you get my point. Scotland, and it's associated culture (including it's footy team) is important to me, as is Britain. Worth the effort.

I hope brown is back for this as he's such a dynamic player and Scotland look ten times the team when he plays, I also hope that commons can be persuaded to come back, imagine him Mulgrew, brown, Forrest, Griffiths all playing :drool: a spine of celtic players and I think we can won the group if not take 2nd at worst

I hope brown is back for this as he's such a dynamic player and Scotland look ten times the team when he plays, I also hope that commons can be persuaded to come back, imagine him Mulgrew, brown, Forrest, Griffiths all playing :drool: a spine of celtic players and I think we can won the group if not take 2nd at worst

:lol:

Which, as I've explained, I don't think is a good reason to support others against your country or not to support your country.

It's up to you, though.

Again, I ask, if the British Govt started acting like cunts, would you disown Britain? If a large section of the British people started acting cuntishly would you disown Britain? If a large section of the British people started hating Rangers would you disown Britain? Or would you love the Britain you want it to be and used to be and try to influence things for it to become what you wanted it to be and used to be and to change the attitudes of the cuntishly acting people?

Some far fetched scenarios there, but you get my point. Scotland, and it's associated culture (including it's footy team) is important to me, as is Britain. Worth the effort.

The problem with your argument is that it's all "if" and "but".

The problem with your argument is that it's all "if" and "but".

it's a illustrative scenario, something often, and quite rightly, used to form an argument. You're just dodging what I said.

It's up to you, though.

To answer your questions,

"If the British goverment started acting like cunts..." I wouldn't hate Britian, I'd hate the government and take action most likely by voting against them.

"If a large section of British people started hating Rangers..." Well, a large section of British people do hate us already and I haven't "disowned Britain".

To answer your questions,

"If the British goverment started acting like cunts..." I wouldn't hate Britian, I'd hate the government and take action most likely by voting against them.

"If a large section of British people started hating Rangers..." Well, a large section of British people do hate us already and I haven't "disowned Britain".

Exactly. You, so why not behave similarly towards the national team, which I assume you supported a few ears ago.

Exactly. You, so why not behave similarly towards the national team, which I assume you supported a few ears ago.

Because it's a totally different thing. The anti-Britishness is something that will always be a part of the Scottish national team and their fans and can't be voted against the way a government can. :lol:

Because it's a totally different thing. The anti-Britishness is something that will always be a part of the Scottish national team and their fans and can't be voted against the way a government can. :lol:

Was the anti-Britishness a big part of the National Team when Bears made up the bulk of the crowd in the 60s, 70s etc? There was English rivalry (nothing wrong with that), but I doubt anti-British sentiment.

Their fans can't be voted against any more than the British people hating Rangers (the bit of the scenario that's actually relevant to that not the bit you were having a wee laugh to yourself about). The anti-British element can be ignored, they can be diluted, they can be marginalised. We can go to Scotland games and clap on Rangers players and not join in with booing of them and the UK National Anthem. Otherwise your nation's football team is lost to you forever. You may not care much, I do. I'm a Scottish football fan, for crying out loud. It's my national team.

Bears need to take the National Team back.

Was the anti-Britishness a big part of the National Team when Bears made up the bulk of the crowd in the 60s, 70s etc? There was English rivalry (nothing wrong with that), but I doubt anti-British sentiment.

Their fans can't be voted against any more than the British people hating Rangers (the bit of the scenario that's actually relevant to that not the bit you were having a wee laugh to yourself about). anti-British element can be ignored, they can be diluted, they can be marginalised. We can go to Scotland games and clap on Rangers players and not join in with booing of them and the UK National Anthem. Otherwise your nation's football team is lost to you forever. You may not care much, I do. I'm a Scottish football fan, for crying out loud. It's my national team.

Bears need to take the National Team back.

The British people who hate Rangers tend to be fans of other clubs, many of which making up the Scottish national teams support.

In terms of Rangers fans taking back the national team, I don't think it's possible. The number of Rangers fans supporting the Scottish national team is decreasing and will probably continue to do so.

Most of the Scotland support hate Rangers, Scottish Football and its supporters showed real venom towards our club and continues to do so, we dont need to go down the road of the SFA and the footballing authorities in this country and how they refused to help Rangers. Its each to their own but if you feel you want to break bread with this mob at Scotland games thats your call.

Me? It never used to be this way but i fucken despise Scottish Football, i love to see the national team get beat especially by England, i love to see Scottish teams get fucked in Europe. Its not about supporting England over your country its supporting your club over your country, but hey each to their own.

Most of the Scotland support hate Rangers, Scottish Football and its supporters showed real venom towards our club and continues to do so, we dont need to go down the road of the SFA and the footballing authorities in this country and how they refused to help Rangers. Its each to their own but if you feel you want to break bread with this mob at Scotland games thats your call.

Me? It never used to be this way but i fucken despise Scottish Football, i love to see the national team get beat especially by England, i love to see Scottish teams get fucked in Europe. Its not about supporting England over your country its supporting your club over your country, but hey each to their own.

Well said ma man (tu)