Scotland Fans Drinking At Ibrox...

I remember the good old, bad old days, well not all of them, just a few of them, because I was pished half the time. I was a bad wee cunt wi' a drink in me, I'd be wanting tae fight anybody. I'm pretty sure they never sold booze in the stadiums in Scotland, when I was younger, cos we had tae sneak it in under oor coats, luckily enough the Crombie was 'In' at the time.

At away games they used to shut the pubs near the grounds at 2:30, & the police wid clear the place in a few minutes, & we'd have tae head up to the game, wi' just a 'wee glow'on us. It was the pissing everywhere that the support had a tendency to do, which fucked up yer shoes, especially at the piggery, as there was all that orange ash stuff on the deck, & ye'd get water marks on yer shoes as you couldnae avoid walking through a torrent of orange pish everywhere.

The good olde days Eh????

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the good old, bad old days, well not all of them, just a few of them, because I was pished half the time. I was a bad wee cunt wi' a drink in me, I'd be wanting tae fight anybody. I'm pretty sure they never sold booze in the stadiums in Scotland, when I was younger, cos we had tae sneak it in under oor coats, luckily enough the Crombie was 'In' at the time.

At away games they used to shut the pubs near the grounds at 2:30, & the police wid clear the place in a few minutes, & we'd have tae head up to the game, wi' just a 'wee glow'on us. It was the pissing everywhere that the support had a tendency to do, which fucked up yer shoes, especially at the piggery, as there was all that orange ash stuff on the deck, & ye'd get water marks on yer shoes as you couldnae avoid walking through a torrent of orange pish everywhere.

The good olde days Eh????

While I agree with the the basic sentiments of this post, see yer pyoor stiyil ov postin lit a pyoor dafty it diz ma nut in mahn, pyoor gittin on ivdeez tits, know?

You would end up with punters having a few drinks and not taking their seat to watch the game.

See it quite a lot at the English games I go to. Some of them would be better just staying in the pub watching the scores come in.

"DRINK FUELLED RANGERS FANS RAMPAGE"

"DRUNKEN RANGERS THUGS RIOT"

"SECTARIAN ABUSE BY TANKED UP RANGERS BIGOTS"

"WOMEN AND CHILDREN SHOCKED AND TERRORISED BY RANGERS HOOLIGANS ON BUCKFAST"

Any of the above could be caused by two pissed bears having a handbags scuffle which causes no injury or damage.

The media would report only Rangers incidents and big them to sound like the Toxteth riots.

Sadly the small minority would blow it for the rest and give the media and Salmonds stormtroopers another line of attack.

It's more trouble than its worth and should stay as it is.

"DRINK FUELLED RANGERS FANS RAMPAGE"

"DRUNKEN RANGERS THUGS RIOT"

"SECTARIAN ABUSE BY TANKED UP RANGERS BIGOTS"

"WOMEN AND CHILDREN SHOCKED AND TERRORISED BY RANGERS HOOLIGANS ON BUCKFAST"

Water off a ducks back, At some point you will change and you'l not give a fuck what the media says as like politicians they all lie through their teeth.

In the stands having a party....Rangers fans not allowed to drink in their own stadium.

Fucked up Country will live in.

not true, I was there and I was drinking. Well if warm Heineken counts.

You just had to buy a ticket, and you could have done it too.

Not so much the beer but I can't believe they are allowing bottles into the ground. Some of my scariest times at football matches in the 60s and 70s was having bottles raining down from back of terracing.

All you need is one idiot whose had too much to drink to start it.

Not so much the beer but I can't believe they are allowing bottles into the ground. Some of my scariest times at football matches in the 60s and 70s was having bottles raining down from back of terracing.

These ones are plastic.

I honestly can't beleive some people defend the booze ban, it's a disgrace. As for the moron that said the fans caused it, let's get one thing clear the police used to let you sneak bottles of booze in to the ground for a swally, if they had done their job and policed events properly, the riots might never have happened.

It's 2014, there is nothing wrong with supporters going to the concourse and getting a few plastic pints during the game. Absolutely nothing wrong with it whatsoever. The stadiums are better policed these days, we don't have overcrowding and we all have a seat.

It's a shame we can't be treated like adults.

No-one would have bottles jesus fucking christ.

Water off a ducks back, At some point you will change and you'l not give a fuck what the media says as like politicians they all lie through their teeth.

Exactly the attitude that helped them wreck the club.

The tims were smart enough to realise they could use the media as a weapon have done so, dripping poison on a daily basis ensuring we are associated with everything bad whilst at the same time making them look squeaky clean.

Unless we wise up and start playing them at their own game, people will always feel free to kick us as we have no public support as nobody will want associated with the vile sectarian violent wee backward club we are portrayed as.

The media had a massive influence on the vote that put is out of the SPL.

They will never get alcohol back at football. If having a drink in a stadium means so much to you, switch to watching rugby

Happened in England...Never say never infact i can see it coming sooner rather than later.

Switch to Rugby...What an odd thing to say.

I honestly can't beleive some people defend the booze ban, it's a disgrace. As for the moron that said the fans caused it, let's get one thing clear the police used to let you sneak bottles of booze in to the ground for a swally, if they had done their job and policed events properly, the riots might never have happened.

It's 2014, there is nothing wrong with supporters going to the concourse and getting a few plastic pints during the game. Absolutely nothing wrong with it whatsoever. The stadiums are better policed these days, we don't have overcrowding and we all have a seat.

It's a shame we can't be treated like adults.

It's a shame some people cant act like adults.

Are people incapable of going two hours without drinking nowadays.?