Membership scheme launched

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't find the free option for st holders on the webpage. Help please..

http://rangers.co.uk/fans/membership/

Season Ticket Holders

Adult and Junior season ticket holders will automatically be enrolled into Club Membership for Season 2014/15 and receive a complimentary gift pack as well as all the exclusive Club Membership benefits.

To allow you to access all your Membership Benefits you require your Membership Number (Rangers Number for Season Ticket Holders) and a password.

This is the new website - http://fansboard.rangers.co.uk/ (But currently when i use my own information to sign in it is informing me to purchase a membership. i thought the club may not have added all the current season ticket holders into the system yet!

But i am under the impression that current Season Ticket Holders, do not need to-do anything and the appropriate information will be sent out to you!

So you have a gripe that someone such as myself, a shareholder in Rangers and a serving member of the armed forces, based overseas and therefore unable to make use of a season ticket, can become a member?

An excellent initiative from the club which will bring in extra cash.

See below

As an overseas bear there is almost nothing in there that I can benefit from except the opportunity to contribute to my club and feel part of our journey back to the top. But no, no. Let's just limit it so you can feel special.

See below

Ex armed forces - Check

Rangers supporter entire life - check

RTV subscriber - check

Founding member of Rangers Club Membership - check

Member of RangersMedia Sponsors' fund - Check

Spend over GBP500 a year on club merchandise - check

Living in the UK - Nope

Why are you excluding me?

You forgot "Founding (and only) Member of the Namibian RSC (tu)

Had to sign up, I f*cking love certificates me.

Did you see these certificates?...

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=263461

A few still available (tu)

I've just signed up.

As someone who lives too far away to support Rangers in person with a season ticket, this is better than buy a jersey that I'll wear for a year!

WATP

See below

Below:

Dear members living abroad,

Just so you know, one of the founding principles of the RM Sponsors' Fund was to give overseas (or otherwise far away) Bears an opportunity to support the club financially since they can't get to the games to support the club that way.

We are still welcoming new members. (tu)

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=270743

Can't find the free option for st holders on the webpage. Help please..

Same. keeps asking me for £26 or something. Maybe we just get it sent out automatically at some point.

All season ticket holders are automatically founder members, before the first £26 package went on sale. That's why there's no £0.00 option available. We all have it already, they just haven't added us all to the members database yet. :(

Obviously it will take them ages to actually get round to doing the paperwork for over 20K s/t holders, but I'm sure they'll have the webpage sorted pretty soon, so that s/t holders can get in and see the goodies. (tu)

What a horrible, jealous little man you must be.

As an overseas bear there is almost nothing in there that I can benefit from except the opportunity to contribute to my club and feel part of our journey back to the top. But no, no. Let's just limit it so you can feel special.

I cant fathom how you can decide that i am horrible, jealous or little from my post how the fuck do you know what height i am? Who the fuck are you to say what i am you insignificant reprobate.

My feelings regarding the scheme are based purely on the voting on club issues not on the revenue for the club. How does an oversees bear or someone who is working abroad or serving a 6 month tour in afghanistan vote in what could be an extremely important club issue? What good is it if there are 1000 members when 200 of those are unable to cast a vote at a crucial time for various reasons?

We have groups right now refusing to buy season tickets for various reasons and as ive said previously this new membership should render all the splinter groups irrelevent but the open application format will only allow those groups to infiltrate the scheme rendering the entire process a missed opportunity imo.

I am fully aware that my opinion on this doesnt suit some but if you want to vebally abuse me you can go and fuck yourself.

I cant fathom how you can decide that i am horrible, jealous or little from my post how the fuck do you know what height i am? Who the fuck are you to say what i am you insignificant reprobate.

My feelings regarding the scheme are based purely on the voting on club issues not on the revenue for the club. How does an oversees bear or someone who is working abroad or serving a 6 month tour in afghanistan vote in what could be an extremely important club issue? What good is it if there are 1000 members when 200 of those are unable to cast a vote at a crucial time for various reasons?

We have groups right now refusing to buy season tickets for various reasons and as ive said previously this new membership should render all the splinter groups irrelevent but the open application format will only allow those groups to infiltrate the scheme rendering the entire process a missed opportunity imo.

I am fully aware that my opinion on this doesnt suit some but if you want to vebally abuse me you can go and fuck yourself.

I am sure the club must have thought this through (I hope, at least)

Maybe I'm biased, being 450 miles away and not being able to have a season ticket, but I think this membership idea is great.

I get to financially contribute to the club at a time when it needs to but I cannot justify the expense of a ST when I can only get up twice a season

If there were important issues that needed to be voted on, I doubt the only way you would be able to vote would be in person, and so the overseas bears (or otherwise located as in my case) can take part without having to be in Glasgow.

If the splinter groups want to infiltrate this, then that's great.

To do so, they would need to hand money over upfront to the club (no dripfeeding the £24.99 +pp) and then they can put themselves forward for standing in and also vote in a democratic election for the fan board

If they do infiltrate it, and they get their own way, we will just have to accept that they had the majority of votes for their representatives on the fan board - I won't like that, but I would accept it

You realize that the 23.99 isn't buying us a spot on the board, right?

"...the ability for Members to apply for a position on the Fans Board and to vote in the Fans Board elections..."

"Member voting rights including Fans Board elections"

We will not be voting on important club issues. At best, we will be voting on someone who may get to vote on somewhat important club issues.

Relax. It's not that serious.

So, is it right that as a season ticket holder I don't have to pay this year? I'm automatically a member with all the benefits?

I really don't get where you are coming from.

"I am fully aware that my opinion on this doesnt suit some but if you want to vebally abuse me you can go and fuck yourself.", yes verbally abusing someone is not clever but then again telling someone to go fuck themselves isn't either, even if generically ;)

As to the point about groups infiltrating the Mebership Scheme then yes of course they have the option to do that. Of course they would have to look into the hypocricy of giving money to the club when they are advocating starving the board of money. Still, don't think they will have any qualms about ignoring morality in this minor point.

To also add to that infiltration point I would suspect most of us know that the "usual suspects" and their groups account for a very small percentage of the overall Rangers Family so can easily be out voted on matters, so I see nothing to get worried about that with every ST holder and the overseas/non ST bears in the mix. Will certainly make it a more proportional scheme than any we have just now.

Worst case scenario is that this does not work, but what if it DOES WORK? £25 + P&P is worth that little gamble in my book any day.

"I am fully aware that my opinion on this doesnt suit some but if you want to vebally abuse me you can go and fuck yourself.", yes verbally abusing someone is not clever but then again telling someone to go fuck themselves isn't either, even if generically ;)

As to the point about groups infiltrating the Mebership Scheme then yes of course they have the option to do that. Of course they would have to look into the hypocricy of giving money to the club when they are advocating starving the board of money. Still, don't think they will have any qualms about ignoring morality in this minor point.

To also add to that infiltration point I would suspect most of us know that the "usual suspects" and their groups account for a very small percentage of the overall Rangers Family so can easily be out voted on matters, so I see nothing to get worried about that with every ST holder and the overseas/non ST bears in the mix. Will certainly make it a more proportional scheme than any we have just now.

Worst case scenario is that this does not work, but what if it DOES WORK? £25 + P&P is worth that little gamble in my book any day.

Once again, a very good interpretation of the situation M.

Sense, as opposed to the knee-jerk reaction, does actually work, eh?

:7325: