McCoist promotion through playoffs acceptable

cumnockbear

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many dismayed how we actually arrrived at this stage - a massive club stading

a training complex that had all the a latest facilities to bring on the new players

wasted by the laughing happy pals club - that had no idea as an ex player

but to disregard the future of our club for named players no age limit !

I have sat and watched us like many others when the future got their chance

then just disappeared for no reason - We had Barrie Mc Kay who played on a different level

got injured . was probably on his game our best player abilty wise .

Ally gets templeton from a goal scored one off at anfield v liverpool and hearts lost !

a chance to ditch your new hope and ours ??????

On this point alone . ally is a center forward that scored for fun at ibrox

but unfortunately scores low in managing the team on the park and utilising

the full potential squad available which includes flair players he leaves on the bench.

Am I wrong in thinking I want us to draw or get beat by livy in order to get rid of this fud ? I actually can't believe im even thinking this !

It will make no difference. Contrary to what McCoist has said, he is bomb-proof. He could lose the next three games and he still would not be sacked. Sad but true. That's where we are.

He. Intimated in his interview that he won't be leaving until he is forced out, with a considerable payoff. In my mind that is not the actions of a man with Rangers at heart. It basically backs up what I felt when it took three attempts to get him to sign for us.

He. Intimated in his interview that he won't be leaving until he is forced out, with a considerable payoff. In my mind that is not the actions of a man with Rangers at heart. It basically backs up what I felt when it took three attempts to get him to sign for us.

Oh goodie, more conjecture.

What did he say in his presser that brings you to that conclusion?

You've clearly missed your calling as a back-page headline writer.

His statements have certainly (and very understandably) touched some very raw nerves which are already jangling after the effects of yet more massive under-performance by the team and the manager. Its a pity he simply didn't stick to the stated objective (from the review document) of stating that it is his job to "build(ing) a team and organisation to deliver the SPFL Championship in the first season in the division." That is what he is there to do. That is his responsibility. That is the single focus. Achieving that (or not as the case may be) is the measure of success. That is what reporters should be being reminded - and that is what the players should be reminded of. That - I believe - is what the Support expects .

I'd be quite frankly embarrassed if we finish anywhere other than first.

Anyone saying "yeah but as long as we go up" can go and follow some other team.

This is Rangers and anything less than silver wear is embarrassing.

A statement of intent is needed and that statement is to go blazing into the SPL as champions. Not scraping the barrel in playoffs.

Anyone who has an issue with what I've said can piss off. This club should not finish less than first.

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.

I agree, I think we should be winning the league, and i'd be gutted if we didn't.

But if we failed to win the league, and won a top flight spot through the playoffs, we are hardly gonna tell them to take it back, hence it is acceptable.

The comments from Ally seem very defeatist, especially when there seems to be nothing in there where he suggests we can go on to win :lol:

Bit OT here , but you did shut the thread !

Have to say that was the best closure I've seen yet with the ' New Chant ' topic.

Genius ! Had me in stitches .

the promotion bit isnt even the bit that annoys me , this line in regards to criticism is

To the greatest respect to everybody the only people that know what goes on out there is my players and my staff

so unless im taking that the wrong way he is basically saying the fans that are sick of the shite performances know are wrong and know nothing

the promotion bit isnt even the bit that annoys me , this line in regards to criticism is

To the greatest respect to everybody the only people that know what goes on out there is my players and my staff

so unless im taking that the wrong way he is basically saying the fans that are sick of the shite performances know are wrong and know nothing

Nah, you're not taking it wrong, that's what he's saying.

He's a twat