***The Official League Cup Semi-final Draw Thread***

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it did and the rebels show up, it would just go to show that the bhoycotters care more about celtic - in the form of what i assume to be hatred rather than admiration - than their own team by showing up only to get a swatch at the scum, support.

in their case, chants of "your only here to see celtic" from the glitterdome residents would apply.

As much as I agree with you, I don't think we should have this debate in the build up to this game. I think we need to unite as a support.

As much as I agree with you, I don't think we should have this debate in the build up to this game. I think we need to unite as a support.

we don't need the enemy within, we have a fine enough support who will show up without their protest banners. what is worse is that they pretend that they care about the club when they really just want it all their way. they are our version of yes voters.

Who genuinely believes we could beat them not many.. Anyone that does I honestly don't believe that they believe that deep down..

I honestly, genuinely believe that we will beat them. The place would be buzzing and the players will feed off that. I think we will totally raise our game against them.

With our managers tactics, with our level of play, with the players that we have in several areas and their form,..............it's madness to want to play them.

Ally spoke not so long ago about wanting to be back in the top division on an "equal playing field" but even he admits that wanting them is a no go. You can't get much more equal playing field than playing the only team that spends near what you spend but lets be honest, we rarely convincingly beat mediocre sides of bit parts, they are a bit above that level and us.

The last 2 years they've lost to Ross County, St Mirren, Shakhtar Karagandy, Greenock Morton, Maribor and Hamilton.

They are notorious bottlers when the pressure is on and the next old firm game will be the most highly pressurised game ever. Anything could happen.

we don't need the enemy within, we have a fine enough support who will show up without their protest banners. what is worse is that they pretend that they care about the club when they really just want it all their way. they are our version of yes voters.

Of course we don't need them, but the fact is that they will show up.

I see your point but we have hardly kept our cool in big games under McCoist. On balance they should win and probably would win, I'd rather not suffer that defeat and instead take them on when we are confident.

I don't agree with the idea people have that we want to avoid them till we're Ready. We are Always Ready. We've had doings off them before, that'll happen again. We've given them doings before, and we will again.

I just don't think anyone can predict what will happen in that next game against them. The atmosphere will be ridiculous. Law could have an epiphany and play like Gazza. Jig could be inspired and find an extra yard...etc.

I want to beat them again so much. The sooner the better. If that means we risk getting beat by them, that's the game. It's risk v reward. Beating them in that game would be the sweetest feeling.

I predicted at work before the quarters were played that the semis would be....

Rangers v Sheep

Dundee HIVs v Mhanks

I guess I will stand by that now.

But, as much as I think they would give us a doing, I really want that feeling of waking up on the morning of an OF game again. :party:

With our managers tactics, with our level of play, with the players that we have in several areas and their form,..............it's madness to want to play them.

Ally spoke not so long ago about wanting to be back in the top division on an "equal playing field" but even he admits that wanting them is a no go. You can't get much more equal playing field than playing the only team that spends near what you spend but lets be honest, we rarely convincingly beat mediocre sides of bit parts, they are a bit above that level and us.

I'm still over in Spain but if Ally as reported said our expectations aren't as high in the cups .Then for me .It's an absolute disgrace coming from a guy that bought these expensive paid players to deliver in the cups .I'm sick of hearing his total bullshit nowadays .

Kenny looking forward to potential old firm game.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7969-old-firm-dream-reignited?

“Celtic would go into it as favourites because they’re the reigning champions of the SPL and they play at a higher level - but it would be an Old Firm game so the pressure would be on both teams."