WATBB

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive not commented before,

Its hard because he was one of my heros growing up, and when I met him at 21 he was a great guy

The legend didnt let me down.

But if he takes money to walk he will lose that place in my heart

And will never be welcome back in Ibrox again.

I really hope he wont do that.

He will take it mate and he will be glossed up as a success that deserved it from media friends

"McCoist ordered his players in for Saturday training in the aftermath of Friday night's pitiful performance at Queen of the South."

Someone on here said they had all gone for a day at the races

Shit stirring?

He said after the game on Friday they'd be in for training,no idea if they went to Doncaster or wherever it was.

When Ally gave notice of his resignation he was - imo - recognising that he was losing enough of the confidence and trust of the Support and (probably) of the influential movers and shakers at Ibrox. It is tacit acknowledgement too that the game was up on winning the single most important objective he had been given this year (and given resources to deliver) - winning the Championship. It was also (imo) a clear and tacit acknowledgement that he is not able to motivate experienced and talented football players to win promotion via a play-off process: because in important games the players do not have the nerve for it and he does not have the leadership clout to get them to deal with it. So in resigining he is giving the Board the opportunity to find a suitable replacement and he can step aside out of the line of fire with whatever remains of his player-legend status. Managerially, the history books may classify his managerial stint much less charitably.

As to a replacement. Davies does appear to have a track record of knowing what it takes to get a bunch of players into gunning for promotion and promotion itself - and in a much more difficult league than our tuppence ha'penny sideshow that passes for a football league. (Mind you if it is a tuppence ha'penny effort of a league that would scream even more about the woeful lack of managerial and player ability to deal with it and to deal with it comfortably).

Having a manager that knows how to manage players and to get the best out of them individually and as a team is now a must. Davies seems to have that in his locker. Butcher bombed it at Hibs - but was successful at Inverness. But is this time to be placing bets on whether the 'bombed it' experience has taught him what to avoid and how to turn failing teams around? I wouldn't bet on it. McCall lost his nerve at Motherwell, or if not his nerve then confidence in his ability to drive on from the unaccustomed low position they found themselve in. Do we want to take a bet on giving him the reigns at a hugely bigger club where the expectations are much larger? Probably not......unless the Board is also tacitly accepting that this season is bust and its now all down to rebuilding from virtual scratch and the manager would be given the rest of this season and a couple of other seasons to build a Championship winning team. But then Davies could also maybe do that. Out of the names surfacing Davies would seem to me to be most likely so far.

If the only options we have are Davis, McCall, butcher and Adams.

I'd take Davis.

But I'd prefer to give Numan a chance, he might change the whole ethos of the club.

Numans a gamble, much like McCoist, but he might just be exactly what we need.

Let's face it if Davies was that highly regarded,why has he been out of. A job for months? He's not well spoken about in football

Circles

Football management is a bit of a "old boys" network tbh.Maybe BD doesn't play their game. He can come across as a bit crass or belligerent at times as well as confrontational, this probably doesn't win him many friends among his own kind.

Football management is a bit of a "old boys" network tbh.Maybe BD doesn't play their game. He can come across as a bit crass or belligerent at times as well as confrontational, this probably doesn't win him many friends among his own kind.

Crass and belligerent coupled with a bit of experience is just what we require at the moment.