Time To Call Sas?

SteveEarle

What about King making a mercy call and trying to reunite Smith and Souness to rally the squad and push for promotion? It's maybe been mentioned on here before but they would surely tear into this shower we have masquerading as a Rangers team just now!

This would allow time to get the right man for the job in place for the close season.

Ibrox would be packed to the rafters each week.

You can only dream.........

I wish people would stop the nonsense about going backwards when Smith is mentioned. It's not as if we're asking for him to return for another five years, we're asking for him to come in boot baws for the next two months and get us promoted for a new manager to come in and build a squad.

There is no better manager than Walter Smith for what we need right now.

There was me thinking you meant Papac.

If only.....while we're at it Big Dado would be awesome too!

Seriously though it's time to leave smith be, I think this would be too much for him anyway. I wouldn't mind Souness being around the training ground but not as interim manager due to his health.

We need to replace McDowall but I want someone that will be the right long term assignment. I don't think that will happen before the season end so perhaps some choice appearances and words from the right folk might help. Could you imagine the look on the players faces if they turn up for training and saw Souness or Alex Ferguson there to help out??!! What is give for the fergie hairdryer treatment with our mob.

I wish people would stop the nonsense about going backwards when Smith is mentioned. It's not as if we're asking for him to return for another five years, we're asking for him to come in boot baws for the next two months and get us promoted for a new manager to come in and build a squad.

There is no better manager than Walter Smith for what we need right now.

Walter Smith is a good manager but he's always been a chequebook manager too, to deny thay is folly, people may look at his final two years at Rangers and say he never spent anything but thats because he spent about £20m in his first 18 months that basically set him up for the success we would go on to have.

Smith would boot baw but you can only get a reaction from players good enough to react, the players at Rangers who probably have the mentality for a positive reaction would be very few and far between, Smith has never in his life had a Rangers team with such a dearth of quality, thinking that he could come in and sort this problem out shows an extreme naivety, take a look at that Hearts thread that's popped back up, people tend to relieve themselves of their senses on a thread to thread basis on here.

Would Smith do enough to get us up? No chance, not with that squad of players, therefor we should be looking at the future starting TODAY, not in 3 months time, start ASAP, blood youngsters and who knows, if we fail at least we have given ourselves a platform for next season, hoping Smith can suddenly turn this bunch of losers around then start a fresh in the Summer is head in the sand stuff

I don't know how many times this has to be said but

SOUNESS HAS SAID HE WILL NEVER MANAGE AGAIN. HE DOES NOT WANT TO DO IT. HE HAS SAID SO PUBLICLY ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS.

DJ said the other night that Souness offered to come in 2 days a week if it would help and frankly after seeing last nights performance just about any change would help

DJ said the other night that Souness offered to come in 2 days a week if it would help and frankly after seeing last nights performance just about any change would help

Souness himself said, at the Louden Tavern Sportsman's Dinner, that he had no interest in doing it. He would help out elsewhere but bot coaching. He's done with that. He doesn't want to have to 'lead footballers by the hand' in everything they do.

Just getting back to this thread now.

That was my original point. Something, anything, is surely better than what we have. Someone to get us promoted and through to the close season when potential managers contracts may be up enabling the club to approach them. I wasn't saying we go back to SAS as a permanent option. Perhaps frustration is getting the better of me!

I'm all for the next full time manager to be young, forward thinking and innovative.

It's beginning to look like McCall may be coming in to give us the kick start I was hoping for. Fingers crossed he can sort this shower of wasters out and get us up!