Pick One Former Player......

NeoGeo7

Simply Brian Laudrup. He would single handedly win games for us although he was so good he could make everyone around him ten times better too. He would even get our strikers to score goals although he'd need to do it ala the Laudrup Cup final by putting them on a plate just to ensure they don't fucking miss! In fairness to Durie his finish with the outside of his right foot was glorious.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crying out for a proper midfielder.

Someone who can tackle, play football, is a leader and doesn't take shite from anyone.

Souness.

Would have made one hell of a difference in that tarrier game aswell (tu) One of the hardest things to take in that game was watching Broon bully our entire team and not one player fought back.

Spoilt for choice,the standard of our present team bears no relation to our teams of the past, so just about any previous player would bring an improvement (Francis Jeffers probably being one of the few exceptions that proves this rule)

Saying that, Souness as player/manager would probably be best for getting an all round improvement.

I'm too young to have him seen play live but from watching him in old games and from what I know about him, he'd be perfect. He had a confidence about him that would rub off on the other players. Plus we certainly wouldn't be losing any midfield battles.

Was in the same restaurant in Manchester last month.

Unlike some, he still looks in good enough shape to put in a shift!

I took four because I'm a greedy bassa. Goalkeeper Goram simply because he was the best in my time watching Rangers. Defender has to be terry butcher who would run through walls for our club. Midfielder would be Souness for his leadership and his flair and attitude and up front McCoist for his predatory skills. All four were legends at our club but could have named many more in that category.

Surprised no mention of ricksen. Thought he was immense that year as captain.

Also not seen any for Prso. He epitomised a Ranger.

Very good point.

Immense is the best way to describe that year he (Ricksen) had as captain.

Didn't like the way he was moved aside for BF & that didn't exactly cover the club in glory, did it?

Not did it do much for Fernando.

Dado's another good one - how I wish his knees had lasted a couple of years longer!

Am a greedy bas so Al go for one of either Kevin Thomson dado prso or Alan Hutton neither were the greatest players in the world but they were determined as fuck and fought like fuck for every ball had a real no surrender attitude about them , Thomson would have been a great signing go us if u could've got the Kevin Thomson we had in 2007/2008 season he would tackle his granny to win a tackle had a great engine and always seemed to own that tarrier bass brown in old firm games

Alan Hutton is prob the best full back we've had since Numan left nowhere near the ability of Numan but loved a tackle created God knows how many chances from full back w long runs through just pace and power and loved a tackle and he's one player who would have done brown in that old firm game unlike the imposters playing for us

Prso what can u say he would have scored 50 in this league if u got the prso we had in his first season god nacho score 27 playing beside him he wouldn't gee defenders a minutes piece he was superb in the air and prob the last striker who could bring the ball down on his chest rather than just flick it in to save and hope someone would run in to it