Playoff Fixture Dates

Motherwell & Ross County have hit good runs in form. Just in time to play us eh...

Although Partick Thistle aren't entirely safe just yet

They way things are going it looks like Partick Thistle!

Without appearing thick what is the format for the play offs?

Championship 3rd v 4th in 2 legged quarter final

Winner of that game v runners up in Championship in 2 legged semi final.

Winner of that game v 11th place in Premiership in 2 legged final.

Barring Dundee United and Celtic we've beaten every Premiership side we've faced and they were all under McCoist. We shouldn't be fearing playing anyone that finishes in 11th ffs.

Did Inverness not beat us? If that's the case that would mean we have less than a 50% record against Premiership clubs. I do agree with you we shouldn't fear any of our potential foes.Killie might even get drawn into it.

How does it get determined who plays at home and who plays away in the first legs?

I believe that the highest positioned side from league finishes has home advantage in 2nd leg.

As it stands, we would be away / home against Hibs, QOTS or Falkirk.

But then home / away against the premiership side.

Ideally, it would be Partick or Killie. A team that has slid downwards into the 11th place and will be low on confidence.

Motherwell and Ross County are both very high on confidence just now, which would certainly make them trickier ties (although we should still win)

Providing we win the 3 team Championship part first. (tu)

After seeing the way Motherwell attacked last night I think our defence would struggle. The pace and movement of the front 4 was very good for a team of that level. Their defence does look shakey and Templeton/Law/Vukic could get a lot of joy driving at them.

Reckon my preference would be Killie.

Did Inverness not beat us? If that's the case that would mean we have less than a 50% record against Premiership clubs. I do agree with you we shouldn't fear any of our potential foes.Killie might even get drawn into it.

We beat them this season.

We've beaten Motherwell, Inverness, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone.

I believe that the highest positioned side from league finishes has home advantage in 2nd leg.

Damn, is this confirmed?

Got a wedding on 23rd, so looks like i'll be missing this one!

I'd normally prefer to be away first in two legged ties but since away goals don't count double, it doesn't really make much difference.