Josh Meekings To Be Banned For Scottish Cup Final

Shame the boy got banned by Lawell.

Handball rule is a dubious one. You have 3 instances;

1. Unintentional handball

2. Unintentional handball but creates a clear disadvantage for the opponent;

3. Intentional handball

and you have plenty of grey inbetween.

The ICT lad was pretty clearly 2: unintentional but created a clear disadvantage because his hand stopped a goal. I don't think that was intentional for a second, if it was, he should be a goalkeeper because to save that from point blank range in that reaction time would equal a world class save.

Intentional should equal a yellow or red card. Unintentional isn't usually a foul but if it's unintentional & creates a clear disadvantage to the opponent such as stopping a goal or blocking a dangerous pass then it should be an indirect freekick.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our magnificent clubs response after Marseille where found guilty of match fixing

"We had the chance to beat them on the park twice and we couldn't do it" if we can't win it in the pitch we don't want the trophy.

Statement came from John Brown who was sat beside Sir Walter.

Can you imagine those cunts, fucking SCUM

What was he supposed to do about it? The ball got headed off his hand point blank, he's blameless in this, awful he's being punished.

I read about this handball after the game and wondered if it was a genuine penalty claim, then I saw it on T V last night and could not believe all the fuss. Surely the short distance between ball and hand would make this a very dodgy penalty. Not that I am biased. :)

Does the name Anthony McGlennan ring any bells?

No, well it should, he's the sfa compliance officer who wanted Simonsen's 2 match ban extended for much longer.

So guess who banned Josh Meekings for the hand ball incident that no other official saw?

And rumour has it he's a ST holder over at the Girodome and probably didn't take much prompting by Peter Liewell.

I don't think I've ever heard of a case like this before and it's making Scottish football look like injury time at Old Trafford where the ref plays on till the Mancs equalise.