Cammy Bell

bluenoz

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've liked Bell, but that was inexplicable what happened yesterday. Every position will need looked at, including the one Cammy plays in.

At 0-0 on the day we still had a glimmer of hope - Bell's shocker killed it.

He looks like another who doesn't understand what's needed to succeed at Rangers, and clearly cannot handle the pressure of being part of a team that simply must win.

At 0-0 on the day we still had a glimmer of hope - Bell's shocker killed it.

He looks like another who doesn't understand what's needed to succeed at Rangers, and clearly cannot handle the pressure of being part of a team that simply must win.

I'd agreed with all of that.

Think he's had a pretty bad time with injuries, so I'll reserve a little judgement on what has been two horrible goalkeeping performances.

His injury aside, the first goal he could do nothing about, but the third at Ibrox, I've never seen a keeper beat, near post like that, and he stuck a half hearted arm out and it went right through him. unforgivable.

Don't even get me started on that deflection yesterday either.

Still, I do think some of the criticism is a little over the top, a shoulder injury is a bad one from a keepers point of view and I bet he's subconsciously protecting himself. A decent keeper on the whole, but out of practice, out of sorts and a piss poor team infront of you isn't easy.

I made a negative post on this thread before Sundays game so his calamitous performance on Sunday was no shock to me. Playing for Rangers comes with massive pressure and the Goalkeeper has the most pressure on his shoulders. Yesterday's cockup wasn't down to a technical error it was more like seeing a man crumble under pressure after finding the Rangers jersey was far too heavy. As I said in my previous post Jim Stewart recommended this guy and for the life of me I can't see why as Bells body language reminds me of Fosters and they're both way out of their depth at Ibrox.

I can't believe we had Craig Gordon training with us, let him go, re-signed Simonsen and Robinson and kept Bell.

Absolutely stunned.

Robinson would have been a far better proposition than playng Bell blame mc call for that