We'll Still Go Up Sunday

GOAT

I try to be as optimistic as I can normally, but I really can't see it.

The score line suits Motherwell down to a tee, they will sit in and hit us on the break with those two fast wingers. I have absolutely no confidence in our defence keeping a clean sheat and I don't think we're good enough to score at least three with the forward options we have.

If it was 3-0 I would say no chance, but because it's 3-1, I think we have a small chance providing we get the first goal early to put them under a bit of pressure. If Motherwell get the first goal then it's all over.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see it.

Defence is rotten and likely to concede.

Midfielders can't boss a game and hide once the opposition stick a boot or two in.

Strikers are too busy running about like headless chickens miscontrolling balls everywhere.

Couldn't agree amore

If we'd scored first tonight they'd have bottled it, you can see their frailties at the back, they got lucky and got the break.

If we can get width and pace on Sunday we might just get the first goal and then we'll see how good they are. This isn't over yet.

The first goal was critical tonight. I thought we looked out on our feet after the recent demanding schedule and to have to chase the game was just too much to ask. Only losing by two goals is a bonus though and we have at least a chance. Stuart's got to take a chance, rotate his squad and bring in fresh legs for us to do anything IMO.

That's a very valid point , actually.

In fact we mentioned that at the game towards HT .

I suppose it would be unrealistic to keep a high tempo for the return , try as we must. First goal in the return will be even more important .

Didn't understand the over confidence before the game, and I'm definitely not confident now. Really really fucking hope we can pull something off though.

Me neither, though I've been pessimistic most of this season watching this shite try and play football.

I expect we'll still be in this league next season, which depresses me no end and if we somehow do pull this round, then I'll be ecstatic.

I think we will pull it off and turn the tie on it's head, drop a few of the worse for wear players, throw in the two wingers (Ferguson & Walsh), and they might just set up a few good chances for Millar & Boyd to get us on the score sheet and panic could set in and we come out the other end, it is no way a foregone conclusion this tie is over yet.

:uk:

We simply can't be as bad on Sunday. It isn't possible.

The longer it gets from coming in from that shite last night the more I believe a different performance will happen at Fir Park. But time will tell whether it'll be too late.

I'm just in from work and watched the highlights and my fears about them on the counter attack have been justified, what I would say is that we created some good chances tonight which produced some fine saves from their goalie.

If we can score the 1st goal then it really will be game on, I'm with goat on this one I think we can turn this around if the players believe, start boyd and get the ball in the box.

I was brought up with a NO SURRENDER attitude so i ain't for giving up.

An early goal , and you never know.

Tbh I thought Motherwell's passing was superb tonight. Where we ran about like blue arsed flies , they used the ball a lot more intelligently to do the work . I suppose that comes with playing a higher standard of opposition week in , week out.

What gives me hope though , is we seem to have them rattled in the last 20 , If we can start the return that way , and maintain it , we can panic them. We've nothing to lose , so have to go for the jugular from the start.

An early goal from them kills the tie.

Before last night i was confident we'd do it. But after seeing us capitulate in that manner has took the wind out my sails.