*** The Official Hibernian Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

Essandoh

Cannie help getting exited but in the back of ma heed there's a wee voice saying " but whit if? Aw naw", and then a get another wan saying " we'll hammer this mob".

Hope we do hammer them especially after huving a wee read on their forum and realising whit a already knew, vile wee diddy team! A know it's early doors but a hope we show these hivs we mean buisness!!! WATP

Think there's more hopeful or defiant type scores than genuine predictions on this thread.

Folk were having us pumping Burnley before the game and scoring barrelloads. We played great for a third of the game, poor with the first picks for a third, and poor with the subs for a third. Granted it was against an ex EPL side, but Accrington Stanley had been them a few days earlier.

Just see Hivees being really up for it and they are a tall bustling team who actually play well ( with or without Allan ). Set pieces really concern me.

Think our short term expectations could work against us if we expect to be pumping teams like a settled Hivees one so early in the season.

Think there's more hopeful or defiant type scores than genuine predictions on this thread.

Folk were having us pumping Burnley before the game and scoring barrelloads. We played great for a third of the game, poor with the first picks for a third, and poor with the subs for a third. Granted it was against an ex EPL side, but Accrington Stanley had been them a few days earlier.

Just see Hivees being really up for it and they are a tall bustling team who actually play well ( with or without Allan ). Set pieces really concern me.

Think our short term expectations could work against us if we expect to be pumping teams like a settled Hivees one so early in the season.

Spot on. It we get off to a flying start and win all the early games, that will be great, but it might take a bit longer. We just need to remember that at least the underlying culture of the club, the training and fitness regime, the tactics and the style of play, are all a million miles advanced from where we were this time last year, or the year before, or the year before that ...

Spot on. It we get off to a flying start and win all the early games, that will be great, but it might take a bit longer. We just need to remember that at least the underlying culture of the club, the training and fitness regime, the tactics and the style of play, are all a million miles advanced from where we were this time last year, or the year before, or the year before that ...

Yep. I actually think in due course the football we will play will be phenomenal. For 30 minutes it was very very good on Tuesday.

Not sure whether the goal deflated the players or it was a fitness thing. Either way I think our first picks were very good, our subs on the whole were very average, and I'm not sure we have 11 very good players in the squad at present capable of lasting 90 minutes with the MW system.

Hivees weakest area last year was up front where they have strengthened.

I hope the Scott Allan thing deflates rather than galvanises them.

Hope I'm wrong and folk rip the piss out of me for being pessimistic ( in my eyes realistic).

I hope I am wrong but I don't think we will win this one and tbh I'm not overly bothered.

Warburton has said that the hibs and Peterhead games are basically pre season games to prepare us for the 7th of August.

With us having basically a new team starting and hibs being settled from last season I think they will win this one however if Allan is dropped I expect that will have a big influence in how well hibs perform.

Don't know why some people think we will lose, we are a far stronger team than last year going by the players we have signed and released, also the showing from the Burnley game was pretty positive. They haven't really strengthened, the players they have brought in will be injured for this game, so it will be pretty much the same team as last year.

Put it this way at least we don't have to put up with jig, Mohsni or Foster!