Double Substitutions On 60 Min

Bluepeter9

I have seen the odd manager hook a player early for bring shite (ricksen!) and the odd double substitution to try to change again but is there any other manager doing this all the time - that's 3 games in a row where MW has done a double earlier - is that going to be his 'thing'? I wonder when more manager will start doing the same as it does inject freshness as both teams are starting to 'open' up.

I have seen the odd manager hook a player early for bring shite (ricksen!) and the odd double substitution to try to change again but is there any other manager doing this all the time - that's 3 games in a row where MW has done a double earlier - is that going to be his 'thing'? I wonder when more manager will start doing the same as it does inject freshness as both teams are starting to 'open' up.

I used to do it all the time on FIFA.

I used to do it all the time on FIFA.

This exactly. Never understand why managers have a reason for sending them out again yet bring them off within 5 minutes. Players deserve a chance to settle down and 5 minutes doesn't allow that.

Obviously keeping the 3rd sub for a bit later in the event of an inury i.e. so that we don't have to play out the remainder of the game a man down.

This exactly. Never understand why managers have a reason for sending them out again yet bring them off within 5 minutes. Players deserve a chance to settle down and 5 minutes doesn't allow that.

Obviously keeping the 3rd sub for a bit later in the event of an inury i.e. so that we don't have to play out the remainder of the game a man down.

Sometimes it's to allow the oncoming sub a little extra time to complete his warm up. Others it's to wait a few minutes to see if the opposition make any changes to players or tactics.

Sometimes it's to allow the oncoming sub a little extra time to complete his warm up. Others it's to wait a few minutes to see if the opposition make any changes to players or tactics.

Sometimes it's just to break up the game and mix it up a bit while eating up time

Bringing a guy like Kenny Miller on,with his expereince,with 30 minutes to go is a masterstroke that has worked twoce and i think will work again a good few times over the course of the season.

Agreed. Can see miller scoring a lot because of this. He's use to playing the 90 so with 30 left he can come on full of energy and play at that intensity which most teams will struggle with. With the chances we are creating he'll score plenty :D

Miller will have a huge say this season as a sub. The team press and harrass the opposition constantly it must be mentally draining for the opposition so nothing like a couple of fresh legs to really go at them for the last half hour or so. Worked really the past 3 games I thought.

The double sub's have worked well so far, playing high tempo and pressing will tire out the opposition, imagine being knackered just as the opposition bring on two sets of fresh legs! Probably a mental issue as well as physical... Definitely works tho