Two New Loan Signings: Oduwa And Ball.

BlueThunder

I've no issues with a couple of loans. He'll need spaces freed up next year for our Premiership challenged.

If we can't get guys in just now of the quality required for the top league, then I see this as good business. Plus the winger looks like he'll bring something a bit special.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure our youth who are good enough will get their chance but as MW has said they have to be good enough. I just hope that our own young guys who are good enough show some patience as well as they will get the chance.Some might not this season but that's maybe the reason for loan signings.

He has repeatedly said he wants to add value and quality. We know we can't compete in transfer market at the moment so he'll be looking longer term to recruit players on those criteria. It will take time to get some sort of scouting in place and identify and recruit our future stars. Bolstering the squad with quality loanees meantime is fine. He's said he prefers a limited squad in terms of numbers...that was OK at Brentford but here we'll be looking to latter stages of cup competitions he'll need a decent squad for that programme. I fancy this won't be the end of signings either.

I understand the logic on what you say but still don't like the short term nature of such deals. The other issue I have is that, to get them to come up, we are likely to have given Spurs an undertaking that they would feature fairly regularly in our first team. This could potentially give them an advantage over any of our own youngsters who is starting to break through.

Have to admit that by negative view on such loan signings has been skewed by PLG playing the Man U youngsters in front of Hutton and Burke, who were better players IMO. On what I've seen so far, I think MW has a lot more about him than PLG so hopefully he will handle the situation better.

Based on the limited info available, they look like excellent signings.

I don't think they'll get any preferential treatment though - I think whoever is right for any particular game will get the nod.

They're in for a culture shock if they make the squad against Alloa!

Would prefer to develop our own youth instead of Spurs players that won't be here next season, but I'll keep faith in MW's plans. Oduwa looks exciting but in front of 50000 howling at him is a big step up from U-21 football.

If you develop your own youth, there is no guarantee that they will be here next season either. An English Championship side could come up waving wads of wonga. Bye bye developed youth player.

If you develop your own youth, there is no guarantee that they will be here next season either. An English Championship side could come up waving wads of wonga. Bye bye developed youth player.

Yes but in that scenario you get wads of wonga to reinvest. In this scenario Spurs would get the wonga.

As MW keeps saying he is looking at adding value to the squad so I think we are going to have to get used to a policy of bringing guys in and getting a few seasons out of them and moving them on for profit and replacing them with another unknown or developed find.I was always under the impression that the reason DA wanted Auchenhowie built was for us to develop and sell develop and sell along the same lines as clubs like Ajax have been doing for years.Due to the fact that Ajax develop from young age groups and have them all playing the same football when a first team player leaves to wherever its not such a big loss as they have his replacement sitting there ready to go.Perhaps this is MWs approach I don't know but time will tell.

Welcome to Ibrox, I am sure you'll do better than the last batch of loanees from England (and won't br demanding £500K if we get promoted).

Mind you, I thought MW was into tighter squads, how big is the squad now or is someone about to be shipped?

Oduwa on the left. McKay on the right.

I'm going to be in dreamland. When was the last time we actually played with two proper wingers on the wing (before Warburton)? There's always been someone out of position whether it be Macleod Davis, McCulloch etc as far back as I can remember.