Mono-Paced

thehost

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It definitely wasn't a shocker. It was a bit sloppy and it wasn't of the standard we've grown accustomed to recently, but I can't see that 'shocker' is fair.

Wouldn't have liked to have played a better team today, though. We might have suffered.

Just shows that there's still a good bit of work to be done,because we can't afford a performance like that in the cups.

Pretty fair summary of the game Inigo and would just remind any of the critics today we're still in August and this is almost a brand new team that's only had a month of competitive games behind them.

We will turn over teams most weeks but it's when we're not at our best and get 3 points that can make a huge difference to a season.

Hibs coming to Ibrox and deploying spoiling tactics shows how far we've moved on from last season IMO.

Indeed, Hivs came today to spoil and disrupt our possession and passing flow. In that they(partially)succeeded. However we dug in and showed determination to overcome Hivs negative tactics. Yes it was painful at times to watch, but far far superiour to watching the turgid shite we endured for 3 years prior. It's winning games like this that will ensure we get promotion this season.

We can't play fantastic every single game. I agree we were off the pace today. Didn't move it quickly, indecisive and lots of long balls. Most important thing is we got the 3 points and put some distance between us and hibs early on. We've beaten the 2 teams that were going to challenge us.

Indeed, Hivs came today to spoil and disrupt our possession and passing flow. In that they(partially)succeeded. However we dug in and showed determination to overcome Hivs negative tactics. Yes it was painful at times to watch, but far far superiour to watching the turgid shite we endured for 3 years prior. It's winning games like this that will ensure we get promotion this season.

I think Lee Wallace got it spot on in the post match interview, we dropped to their level and stopped playing our own game for a bit.

Huge difference from last season, there's no way they'd have set up that way if we had the same set up as then.

I'd say the heat today will have played into it a little, took the tempo out the game - but will have helped our fitness overall. Worst we've played this season but still comfortably the better team. Just need to cut out any slack play that gives team chances.

We won, who cares how we played today.

I do. I said that in Leagues 2 and 1, but I never want to witness that turgid shoite in Royal Blue jerseys again. We may win ugly sometimes because winning is what RFC are about. But we can win with style and actually enjoy watching The Gers. Only 6 games in and we are going the right way about it.

Hivs beat us twice at Ibrox last season, they gave us a real going over, winning it 2-0 and 3-1 and we didn't compete at all. They played us off the park at ER in the 4-0 game. We improved results under McCall winning two of the last 3 games, squeezing through the playoffs. We are miles better than we were last season, even though we weren't at our best, the difference from last season ? we carried a real threat going forward today, that first 10 -15 minutes of the second half we were camped in their half and cut them open a couple of times. Like a few people have said, they played defensively, look what happened when they played an open game at ER .... enjoy the win, Airdrie next .. onwards and upwards.

Poor performance today. Uncharacteristic play ie so many long balls.

Lost possession regularly, launched ball out of park, some kamikaze play by back 5.

We kept going, got a great goal and just about justified our win though Hivees chances would have them dispute that.

Few excelled. Most just got pass marks.

A very laboured performance and victory.

Host is right to a large extent. Just because we won doesnt mean we played well at all, as MW has conceded.

Great goal some good attacking football and a clean sheet. If this was a st season we'd be calling it a good performance.

It can't all be silky passing we were below par and still won something winners have to do. The OP is an over reaction

This is a relatively new team who have found the opposition playing a fairly standard style, but in what is only this team's third league game together we had a different examination today. I felt the occasion got to some of the players in the first half, but in the second half we were back to our old selves. We will learn from this, and this team will be stronger for it.

Poor performance today. Uncharacteristic play ie so many long balls.

Lost possession regularly, launched ball out of park, some kamikaze play by back 5.

We kept going, got a great goal and just about justified our win though Hivees chances would have them dispute that.

Few excelled. Most just got pass marks.

A very laboured performance and victory.

Host is right to a large extent. Just because we won doesnt mean we played well at all, as MW has conceded.

I don't think anyone is arguing that we didn't play very well today. However, I don't think we should be overly down on the team and its performance. Similarly, we shouldn't go to over the top when we have a good game. Sense of balance needed, we've had a promising start, we've got a young team with a lot to learn, and there will be knock backs along the way but as long as we see continued progression think we should try to be positive about our team.

Yes you are correct. I personally felt we didnt turn up, and it was far from a comfortable win. Foderingham deserves credit. Very poor from us imo but hopefully thats one of few ground out results we will have. I left very disappointed for the first time since the magician graced the old lady.

3 points accepted tho.