"we Are Coming"

King Jela

We were playing a settled SPL team let's not forgot. Our whole team is almost new and they are very young.

The gap isn't that big, St Johnstone were not brilliant. We were badly exposed by the defensive unit. Halliday and Wallace offered no protection and their pace punished us.

We made big mistakes buts let's not forget it's the championship that's the most important thing, we are on a journey and we will be in the SPL next year and im confident MW will know our weaknesses and fix them.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say the bubbles burst we just need to learn to play against teams that crowd the box.

St Johnstone offered nothing except balls over the top.

Fucking gutted and frustrated tonight was looking forward to this game for a while. Hopefully the boys put the work in and get a good result at the weekend

Can tonight's result please put an end to this embarrassing, cringey, pish patter now ? We're clearly nowhere near where we want to be yet. Nowhere fucking near it.

We were out-thought, out-fought and comfortably pumped by a mid-table SPFL club.

Reality check needed.

Time to see that 30M investment from King so that MW can sign a better striker (and move Wags to the wing) and a better centerback with pace. Also, a better creative midfielder to replace Gedion when he goes back to Arsenal in Jan,

I said earlier that we are coming, I also said we shouldn't overlook a team like St Johnstone.

This is a bit of a reality check for us all. We are nowhere near the finished article, we are still quite lightwieght in midfield, I think we need someone with more dig in the DM positio., We are very slack at the back at times. Waghorn isn't an out and out striker ( which is something I think we really need to address in the January transfer window).

IMO Miller shouldn't be starting matches, I think it was a huge mistake tonight to start him and leave McKay on the bench.

All that being said, we are heading in the right direction and I think the next time we meet top flight opposition, we will have improved as a team and be better suited to beat them.

Tough day at the office, and a huge learning experience for the younger players.

Good post Gogzy. (tu)

Exactly - and those on here that constantly say we will pump the opposition by 4 or 5 every week, know absolutely fuck all about football.

However, hopefully the manager and players will use tonight to recognise what we need to work on in order to improve.

It goes both ways. On the flip side one defeat doesn't suddenly mean we are terrible and need to start all over again. It is what it is. It was disappointing but ultimately silly defensive errors cost us the game.

We have made a great start to the season and of course we will need to strengthen in the top division but we are only a few months into a massive transitional period and are way ahead where most of us would have expected to be. We have a young squad who want to better themselves. It's a massive part of their development and hopefully they will learn from it.

We are coming though.

We will be there next season and I'm no more anxious about it than I was before this game.

We made mistakes, our big players were not on song but we still created chances, hit the bar and had them penned in for the last 20 minutes. It's our first defeat of the season and it will make us a better side, warburton will make sure of that.

If king backs the manager there is no reason why we will not be coming!

Some on here fancied a go at Celtic, I shit you not. Unbelievable.

Wakey, wakey..

Aye, I read that thread - some crazy talk. What some need to realise is that although games in the top division look shit, these players are generally stronger, really well organised and do not miss the chances that teams in our division will. Tonight was a perfect example. However as I said before, we should hopefully learn a valuable lesson - first being do not leave 2 average paced centre halves exposed against a fast striker!

I don't see the massive c change here. If we had lost in the league would we all be moaning that bad. Aye we lost, aye I'm pissed off. But

It was silly mistakes cost us, we've not had to defend much until now. And up front, we need to learn that sometimes a shot Is the best option. And we need to calm crosses coming in, we don't score headers

I'm hacked off but you know what. We can learn from this. And get better.

Fair play to St j. Got their chances n took them

We are coming though.

We will be there next season and I'm no more anxious about it than I was before this game.

We made mistakes, our big players were not on song but we still created chances, hit the bar and had them penned in for the last 20 minutes. It's our first defeat of the season and it will make us a better side, warburton will make sure of that.

If king backs the manager there is no reason why we will not be coming!

Well said.

It goes both ways. On the flip side one defeat doesn't suddenly mean we are terrible and need to start all over again. It is what it is. It was disappointing but ultimately silly defensive errors cost us the game.

We have made a great start to the season and of course we will need to strengthen in the top division but we are only a few months into a massive transitional period and are way ahead where most of us would have expected to be. We have a young squad who want to better themselves. It's a massive part of their development and hopefully they will learn from it.

Yes spot on. We are a young team, with inexperienced players. This will not be our last defeat this season, nor will we win 4 or 5 each week. These defeats are required in order to know where we need to improve. Maybe some of our fans will start to be more realistic now!?!

Exactly - and those on here that constantly say we will pump the opposition by 4 or 5 every week, know absolutely fuck all about football.

However, hopefully the manager and players will use tonight to recognise what we need to work on in order to improve.

The big problem is we don't have good players to turn it around(improve) and were found out tonight, of course the schoolboy tactics of the manager didn't help. The loan players are too young and out of their depth in winning pressure games and as they(hopefully) won't be here next year and go for more long term players.

Rangers have been playing sideways and backwards for about three games now with lots of excuses, it has to stop, Warburton has now got to pick a team that can change its tactics to suit, that option seems to be lacking with Warburton.

I still believe we will win this league, but looking to the future 80% of this team will have to go.

That result has been coming over the last couple of weeks , its good we get it now and get grounded , some of the hype with these players and the manager is ridiculous because we beat teams like Airdrie and QOS.

The team is far better than last year but some players are nowhere near good enough when we get back up.

The two CBs have looked dodgy against the wee teams at times , tonight they finally got found out.

The managers tactics were not that clever either.......

We are work in progress, we have been saying since the season kicked off our defence is suspect and this was proved in the first half tonight. Our objective this year is to win the championship this is a must, so I think we will strengthen our weak areas in the January transfer window, its been a bad day at the office, but its one less distraction and allows us to focus more on the league.

I think, as a support & possibly as a team, we've bought into the hype a little to deeply.

It's clear that the step up to Prem is bigger than many here believed, professional players who know the game, not spectacular but certainly understand how to play.

We showed a bit of neivity in our play, lots of possession but no real penetration from our attack, as for the defends its clear that there is work to be done, possibly reigning in our fullbacks who, in going forward, left our 2 CHs exposed.

. That's the managers fault allowing fbs to charge forward and leave chs exposed.

We were never going to win them all but experiencing a defeat in the midst of such a good run is hard to take so expect a few negative posts from gutted bears like myself. I don't for once think the world is crashing down and need a clear out.

I just think warbs needs to come up with a few systems rather than the one. When teams park the bus we can't find a way through and we don't have. A player that's good in the air to cross from the wings.

I believe warbs and sir David of weir know this and will work in training with he guys. I'm sure this is a wake up call for them as much as us.

The thing that really gets me is we beat them with a shite team last year

The big problem is we don't have good players to turn it around(improve) and were found out tonight, of course the schoolboy tactics of the manager didn't help. The loan players are too young and out of their depth in winning pressure games and as they(hopefully) won't be here next year and go for more long term players.

Rangers have been playing sideways and backwards for about three games now with lots of excuses, it has to stop, Warburton has now got to pick a team that can change its tactics to suit, that option seems to be lacking with Warburton.

I still believe we will win this league, but looking to the future 80% of this team will have to go.

I disagree in part. Oduwa, Zelalem, Waghorn, McKay, Law, Holy, Tav etc IMO have the ability and skills to change a game. However, I really just think it was one of those days. Oduwa for example has his critics, and I can share the frustration, but he almost won a penalty and is unlucky to hit the bar. The lad is only 19 and barely reached double digits in terms of 1st team senior games and is clearly very raw. On another day we get a pen Waghorn scores the pen, Oduwa scores rather than hits the bar, Waghorn's header goes in etc. I think he and the team will learn from this. It just wasn't to be......sadly.

I don't have any issue with ball retention, keeping the ball, and at times playing side to side, however, there has to be an end purpose and at the right time you need to know when to play the correct offensive pass, and at times we lacked that a little tonight, although I think you have to credit the brick wall that St Johnstone put in front of us. I like the fact that Zelalem is so comfortable on the ball but I do think he should be a bit more forward thinking and positive as he does have the ability to cut teams open. Playing a similar style to Arsenal is great but IMO Arsenal overplay too much and you can see Zelalem has it drummed in to him to play a very disciplined Arsenal type players role.

Disappointed but looking forward to the rest of the season. Lots to look forward to...........

Why are people so bothered about fans getting carried away on a messageboard? We've had several years of absolute drivel to watch and we've finally got some nice football to watch. It's fun. So long as you can deal with the rough and the smooth, you should be getting excited and looking for your team to stuff everyone. Too many people worry about what the fans of the lesser teams are saying. Fuck them.

As long as the manager and players are professional, and the fans at the games keep on giving great support, who is it hurting?