Oduwa & Zelalem

simon

Oduwa was fantastic tonight in the second half IMO

What he does isn't easy, it's not always going to come off, need to give these guys support and encouragement to embrace their talent

He needs to learn that sometimes it is necessary to lay the ball off earlier.

As fantastic as he is to watch, there are occasions when he ignores a good opening because he wants to go past another couple of defenders.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

airdrie and ayr are both utter garbage from league 1, the real test is in games like last night and in the league, and our form has come just as these 2 boys have been out into the team, coincidence or not i dont know, im not doubting their abilities as they both have shown them in abundance, but as i said sometimes players dont fit into a system or need time, so far it just hasnt clicked using oduwa and zelalem

Zelalem attempted to thread balls all through that first half that mostly met with a wall of defenders; it is extremely difficult to play against a team set up in that system. That these two players are young will, hopefully, mean they are learning the game from that perspective. Teams are playing us differently; they are defending in numbers, and hoping to hit is on the break- St Johnstone's first goal was very similar to the goal Motherwell scored to hit us for 1-0 at Ibrox a few months ago, and they also employed similar tactics to Motherwell; same scoreline, and a very similar match to the Motherwell one. An attacking team always has to have tight defence at the back, and our defenders will have to put that right.

Both out of their depth against men. We need warriors not wee boys. Oduwa actually looked like he was shying away from the game in the first half. It just passed Zelalem by. Both talented kids but so much still to learn.

They had a bad game last night but that's very harsh

Zelalem and Oduwa were both fantastic against Raith in league so to say they are responsible for dip in performance is wrong, imo..

Our dip in form imo is due to complacency within the playing staff due to the hype..

The pace and power of earlier games replaced with the players who are going through the motions because they think they just have to show up..

Last night should be a wake-up call to manager,players and fans..

So what do you want to do, send them back?

It's a tough one.

We've basically loaned 3 EPL kids just to win a 2nd division. Couldn't we win it with our own players?

It would be interesting to know what Warburtons personal targets were. It should have been to win everything. 4 trophies. If that is the case then he has grossly underestimated the Scottish game. I think he watched the first few matches and believed he had enough.

As far as i can see it, Arsenal and Spurs will benefit more from their players being here, than we will.

It's a tough one.

We've basically loaned 3 EPL kids just to win a 2nd division. Couldn't we win it with our own players?

It would be interesting to know what Warburtons personal targets were. It should have been to win everything. 4 trophies. If that is the case then he has grossly underestimated the Scottish game. I think he watched the first few matches and believed he had enough.

As far as i can see it, Arsenal and Spurs will benefit more from their players being here, than we will.

We're building a network and reputation for developing talented loanees

We will be getting more next year, and the year after that. 2/3 talented youngsters each season to improve our squad. Each short term loan has a long term benefit.

After the dross that we have had to put up with over the last 2/ 3 years to complain about players of the caliber of Oduwa & Zelalem in our side it a bit much!

The problem last night were IMO all down to how we set up, playing to high a pressing game. If we had contained StJ until the second half I honestly think we would have ran them ragged, and eventually comfortable winners.

If you are going to lose, and most teams do, I would suggest that losing to St J in the League Cup was as good a time as any. I'm sure MW learned more from that result than beating Alloa or Raith Rovers by 5 goals!

It's a tough one.

If the loan players add to our season it's mutually beneficial, and I hope we continue to use that market until our own youth system is definitely good enough.

We aren't in a position to be arrogant enough to believe that loaning youngsters from teams like Arsenal is somehow beneath us. I've no doubt Mark was aiming to win everything, Oduwa and Zelalem had a very bad night along with our older permanent players and we're out of the cup, it's a disappointment but it's no reason at all to write anyone off or declare a transfer strategy wrong.

As I say you're being very severe in the overall picture

If the loan players add to our season it's mutually beneficial, and I hope we continue to use that market until our own youth system is definitely good enough.

We aren't in a position to be arrogant enough to believe that loaning youngsters from teams like Arsenal is somehow beneath us. I've no doubt Mark was aiming to win everything, Oduwa and Zelalem had a very bad night along with our older permanent players and we're out of the cup, it's a disappointment but it's no reason at all to write anyone off or declare a transfer strategy wrong.

As I say you're being very severe in the overall picture

The rest of your point I agree with, however I wouldn't say they had a bad night, but, rather, that they had a hard night; the both of them nearly scored. How many times will these two players, taking into account their previous experience prior to coming to Rangers, have played against a side who had about nine men behind the ball for much of the match? They are learning; and I would hazard a guess they have learned a great deal more after last night.

This place is a fucking embarrassment some times.

2 or 3 years ago we were all screaming out for Ally to play youngsters and attacking football, we get a manager who does all this and one defeat to an SPL side and the place goes into meltdown. Seriously!

The 2 guys are by no means the finished article but fuck me give them a chance and remember the shite we were watching for the last few seasons.

This place is a fucking embarrassment some times.

2 or 3 years ago we were all screaming out for Ally to play youngsters and attacking football, we get a manager who does all this and one defeat to an SPL side and the place goes into meltdown. Seriously!

The 2 guys are by no means the finished article but fuck me give them a chance and remember the shite we were watching for the last few seasons.

I said this place would go into meltdown once we'd had our first defeat a few weeks ago. The place is full of idiots.

I said this place would go into meltdown once we'd had our first defeat a few weeks ago. The place is full of idiots.

It drives me mad. We're never gona win every game, and last year I could kinda understand because of the shite football. This year we're trying something new and 1 defeat after 12 or do games undefeated and we're shite again. Couldn't make it up.

It drives me mad. We're never gona win every game, and last year I could kinda understand because of the shite football. This year we're trying something new and 1 defeat after 12 or do games undefeated and we're shite again. Couldn't make it up.

Our fan base has always been the same. We're fickle as fuck.

I actually think last night's game could do this pair a lot of good. from what they've probably heard down south and from the way we've started they perhaps thought their time here would be a piece of piss. the crowd weren't happy last night and they know it. hopefully this is the kick up the arse they needed

Oduwa is brutal at times we couuld be counter attacking and he just can't help but taking too many touches on the ball and by the time he passes it theres a full team back in defence.... Just run at the guy or pass it faster ...

The players and the fitness we have should far and away put the likes of St Johnstone to the sword. We have had some great stuff from Warburton and these boys but lets be honest: they were not good enough last night and Rangers should not be losing 3 goals to a team like St Johnston.