***the Official St Mirren V Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

that's why you go to training every day, work with the same players and work on the same formation, so that you can make those decisions and movements quicker with less mistakes?

we'd be as well handing the opposition the ball and sitting back to hit them on the counter if we aren't trying to move the ball quickly and open up the other team

It's bizzare to suggest that we shouldn't be playing at a quick tempo in case we make mistakes, no point in having possession and making safe passes slowly! pretty sure warburton isn't aiming for 100% possession at the expense of creating any chances whatsoever!

You make some good points but I still think we need a balance because it's very difficult for a team to play at that intensity for 90 minutes. Even Barcelona can't do it.

You make some good points but I still think we need a balance because it's very difficult for a team to play at that intensity for 90 minutes. Even Barcelona can't do it.

I'm not saying it will happen, but its what we should be aiming for - we should be trying to move the ball quickly and also aim to keep the majority of possession.

St mirren cant afford to to play 10 men behind the ball for all of the match.

As an ex spl team they have got to be seen to be believing in their chances.

Our team just have to be patient and play their normal against them and it should all come good in the end.

We need to win this and win it well to boost confidence levels ahead of next week.

We will win this, if confidence isn't high after winning 10 games in a row then we are in trouble. Or are you talking about your own confidence.

Hope to see Zelalem starting today as we have missed his ability to pick out a through ball. And we also need to start moving the ball quick again from the start. We have tended to keep possession but been predictable the last couple of games until we upped the speed of passing.

Early goal and we could run away with the game by sure how st midden will line up if they will sit in or have a go. Zelelam back in would be good think we have missed that killer past and I would rather see Clark through the middle and waggy on the right than Miller start think he is better off the bench. Think Danny will start today with big rob at the back and zel Halliday and holt in the middle and bring law on later for one of them. Think we could be 2 wins away from pretty much securing the title! 4-1 to the Gers and I would be a happy man but to win is a must!

We will win this, if confidence isn't high after winning 10 games in a row then we are in trouble. Or are you talking about your own confidence.

Not my confidence. Not at all. We have won ten games in a row but less emphatically recently. Hibs are developing some momentum and teams are figuring us out.....so.....it concerns me that the players may get affected. For the last few games you hear the post match conferences mentiong that the team didn't play to its best. Hopefully this will stop soon. A good win will help any doubts the team have about other teams figuring us out.

Not my confidence. Not at all. We have won ten games in a row but less emphatically recently. Hibs are developing some momentum and teams are figuring us out.....so.....it concerns me that the players may get affected. For the last few games you hear the post match conferences mentiong that the team didn't play to its best. Hopefully this will stop soon. A good win will help any doubts the team have about other teams figuring us out.

Team are using tactics to stop us, but behind that we are all over these teams, can't remember a Rangers team that were so eager to retain the ball and win it back. Last season we let other teams have time on the ball and play it around, that is not happening this season, if that changes then I might get worried.

Hibs :lol:

So hibs have momentum but we don't even though we've won every game and hibs haven't and hibs are winning as "emphatically" as we have been