***the Official St Mirren V Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

We play better away from home.

Teams aren't trying to sit in against us in front of their own fans. It'd annoy them so much, 'parking the bus' in their own grounds. Where they've paid good money to come and watch. Teams are going to open up, and we're going to take full advantage of the spaces that open up because of it, more chances at goal equals more goals.

Teams should be more fearful of us away, than at Ibrox.

We play better away from home.

Teams aren't trying to sit in against us in front of their own fans. It'd annoy them so much, 'parking the bus' in their own grounds. Where they've paid good money to come and watch. Teams are going to open up, and we're going to take full advantage of the spaces that open up because of it, more chances at goal equals more goals.

Teams should fear us.

Damn right.

Though I had to correct your last sentence a wee bit.

I've been hugely confident going into every game this season, even he last few games when we haven't been playing at top form I had no concerns about winning the game. Today though I have a few nerves, don't know why exactly because we are clearly a far better team than St mirren and if we play anywhere near our best it should be a comfortable win ahead of next week. Perhaps it's because in the scheme of things it's a relatively big game considering the opposition next week and the narrowing of the gap at the top of the table.

Hibs are getting an easier ride in this league, as usual it's all about Rangers and why not, but teams are more open when playing hibs and they have taken advantage of that.

Regardless of how they are doing it Hibs are winning every week against the rest just like we are. I hope we kill off their hopes in the next two weeks. There's a danger if we lose against them we start to look over our shoulder and get jittery in the tight games instead of playing our own game.

I'm confident we will win today and as long as we get past Hibs without defeat then they will know it's all but over

Damn right.

Though I had to correct your last sentence a wee bit.

Can't argue with that!

We had a season off in which teams tried to get cocky, tried to think they were bigger, came at us, took points from us; This season, teams have went back into their shell, we'll just break those shells open and take them for whatever we can get.

Regardless of how they are doing it Hibs are winning every week against the rest just like we are. I hope we kill off their hopes in the next two weeks. There's a danger if we lose against them we start to look over our shoulder and get jittery in the tight games instead of playing our own game.

I'm confident we will win today and as long as we get past Hibs without defeat then they will know it's all but over

We wouldn't be looking over our shoulder. Warburton said he hasn't even looked at the league table this season, because it's 'all about Rangers' we prepare well, eat well, train well, and play well, we should be in good shape.

We wouldn't be looking over our shoulder. Warburton said he hasn't even looked at the league table this season, because it's 'all about Rangers' we prepare well, eat well, train well, and play well, we should be in good shape.

We can prepare well but human nature comes into it too. Having been seemingly miles ahead we don't want a scenario when the nerves can affect us as it gets tighter at the top.

We can prepare well but human nature comes into it too. Having been seemingly miles ahead we don't want a scenario when the nerves can affect us as it gets tighter at the top.

Know what you mean but this is a young team who are probably being prepared better than at any time in Rangers history, they will know what to expect, how to combat a given situation. Nerves don't come into it.

I've been hugely confident going into every game this season, even he last few games when we haven't been playing at top form I had no concerns about winning the game. Today though I have a few nerves, don't know why exactly because we are clearly a far better team than St mirren and if we play anywhere near our best it should be a comfortable win ahead of next week. Perhaps it's because in the scheme of things it's a relatively big game considering the opposition next week and the narrowing of the gap at the top of the table.

I've had nerves too, I think it's because if we were to drop points today it gives Hibs a big incentive and added motivation at the possibility of closing the gap by quite a bit next week.

Then this morning I looked at the league table and this lot have 10 points from 10 games and haven't won a league game at home so far. In fact they've picked up only 2 points at home so it's not like we're going away to some team who have started some sort of resurgence after a rough start.

There's definitely pressure today but after looking at those facts I'm a lot less nervous. A convincing win for us today I think will send a good message for next week.

Och well, off to the pub in a few minutes, but I have things to do before I get there, so not drinking until KO, lol.

I think I'll shove a bet on for 4-1 to us, maybe 3-1 after seeing what's what on odds?

C'mon the Gers, keep up this 100% for as long as possible.

Anyone know what other British teams have 100% so far. I've not heard it reported that we're the only ones so far, which I used to hear. But then again, journalism in this country.......

I've had nerves too, I think it's because if we were to drop points today it gives Hibs a big incentive and added motivation at the possibility of closing the gap by quite a bit next week.

Then this morning I looked at the league table and this lot have 10 points from 10 games and haven't won a league game at home so far. In fact they've picked up only 2 points at home so it's not like we're going away to some team who have started some sort of resurgence after a rough start.

There's definitely pressure today but after looking at those facts I'm a lot less nervous. A convincing win for us today I think will send a good message for next week.

You know I think the problem with some posters is remembering last season when we had a team that bottled it when a challenge was put in their way, this team is made of different stuff.

Och well, off to the pub in a few minutes, but I have things to do before I get there, so not drinking until KO, lol.

I think I'll shove a bet on for 4-1 to us, maybe 3-1 after seeing what's what on odds?

C'mon the Gers, keep up this 100% for as long as possible.

Anyone know what other British teams have 100% so far. I've not heard it reported that we're the only ones so far, which I used to hear. But then again, journalism in this country.......

Think someone said we are close to being the only team in senior football not to have dropped points again. See Cove Rangers in the Highland league are undefeated, they are just in front of Brora Rangers who have dropped points.

In world football Bayern haven't dropped points yet.

I think the opposite might be true. LBH, this league is not tough in a pure footballing sense, as we are coasting a bit. The difference in class is obvious. Our possession and shots on goal are more than impressive, so we are making plenty enough clear chances. Any problem we might have are down to the assassins we face and we end up with players out due to bad injuries and maybe a wee bit of complacency creeping in, but MW will have any of that sorted. We are well equipped to win this league and more and we will.