***official Livingston V Rangers Match Thread***

Well we weren't near good enough for St Johnston were we? And there is much better than them in the top division.

St Johnstone are in some batch of form since beating us, Winning 5-1 at 'second best in the league' Aberdeen.

We're not ready for a serious title challenge at the top but we are 100x closer after last seasons team.

People need to remember we have only spent 665k this year on players and look at the difference.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our performance was not as bad as people are making out we dominated the game just not clinical enough. We have plenty to get us through this league blindfolded. I fully expect the clinical issue to be sorted this summer. Waggy is a good player not the goal scorer we need

we will dominate games all the time though because teams know if they open up to us we will horse them

whereas give us the ball, dump 10 men behind it and watch as we struggle in the final 3rd

But domination doesn't mean goals, we are the best footballing side in the league but f we can't score goals it's pointless.

we can score goals we just don't score enough but we score more than enough to win this league comfortably I expect we will sort this issue of scoring more goals in the summer with a natural forward

I agree, we do need a striker. I don't think we should have offered Miller an extension since it prevents the youth from getting a chance ( Hardie, Clark ) but he certainly did okay when he came on though I don't know how he merited it ahead of Clark based on recent performances. Waghorn was poor today.

we will dominate games all the time though because teams know if they open up to us we will horse them

whereas give us the ball, dump 10 men behind it and watch as we struggle in the final 3rd

I don't think we have struggled we are creating the chances that a natural striker will finish. Today we created chances after chance. Keeper made a world-class save we had fresh air attempts when it looked easier to score. I just think we need to be more clinical in games.

You can have the majority of possession and still be beaten. Our passing was not up to standard today and a lot more has to be done in applying some different tactics. This trying to push through 2 lines of defenders is just not working and I feel we should be having a lot more pops at goal.

Just don't let Oudwa take them! <cr>

Disappointing result but we're still a work in progress. It's probably time to mix it up a bit, try some different approaches. Perhaps rest a couple. There's no need to panic, we were always going to have a sticky patch. It's good to have it now as it informs warbs as to where we need strengthened or to have alternatives before the window. It's not a bad thing to be in a title race, it'll make the players much sharper for what lies ahead. It would be helpful to have the occasional route 1 option - a good cross & a headed goal

. Especially when up against the clock.

Well we weren't near good enough for St Johnston were we? And there is much better than them in the top division.

you can't base a new squad on 1 game against "quality" and I use that term loosely. So much for letting players develop and become good eh? Get it in the fucking box! We bossed the stjohnstone game and 2 defensive errors and experience cost us. It's what young players do- make bad decisions now and again. The top division is definitely not quality by any means whatsoever. The European results alone tell you that

you can't base a new squad on 1 game against "quality" and I use that term loosely. So much for letting players develop and become good eh? Get it in the fucking box! We bossed the stjohnstone game and 2 defensive errors and experience cost us. It's what young players do- make bad decisions now and again. The top division is definitely not quality by any means whatsoever. The European results alone tell you that

so what do we base a new squad on then, you say basing it on 1 game isnt allowed then base the quality of the top league on a couple of european results by less than a quarter of the league

our players may well develop and become good, but as it stands, this season we have played 1 top level team and hibs 3 times, and we have won 2 and lost two, the rest of our opponents this season mean fuck all, hibs and st johnstone were the defining marks so far this season, and lets be honest we havent shone in them except for the 6-2 hibs game, the rest we were about average, and average wont cut it next season

so what do we base a new squad on then, you say basing it on 1 game isnt allowed then base the quality of the top league on a couple of european results by less than a quarter of the league

our players may well develop and become good, but as it stands, this season we have played 1 top level team and hibs 3 times, and we have won 2 and lost two, the rest of our opponents this season mean fuck all, hibs and st johnstone were the defining marks so far this season, and lets be honest we havent shone in them except for the 6-2 hibs game, the rest we were about average, and average wont cut it next season

you compare one game then. The euro results for 4 years have been shite in Scotland so I'll judge the league on that. I'd like to see the result if we draw saints in February and I'll bet it's a lot better than the last meeting. I saw tons of average Rangers performances in the top division yet we still came out champions- let's face it it's an average league, as is this one