Holt

KingKirk

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't he their left back?

I was sticking him ahead of Izaguirre. I've got mixed up.

I'd take Wallace ahead of the useless Honduran though

I think he's played a few games at left back because izaguire has been injured.

Hate saying it about the scum players but Lustig was an excellent signing for them on a free.

Fod, Wallace, Kiernan and Waghorn would probably get into their team.

People on here need to be realistic though. I mean look at Scott Allan - we all know if he'd have come to us he'd be a first team player. He's barely had a look in over in that shithole because their midfield is decent.

On topic - I think Holt is a really good wee player - but he's not the type of player who is going to take the game by the scruff of the neck when we're at Shittodrie - we're lacking those guys who can win a game with a piece of magic.

I don't watch a great deal of Celtic but he's not a player that has ever stood out as being especially good.

He's not but he's a fully established international full back.

Izaguirre is fucking awful though

He is but then the young kid seems to have taken his place i think.

I think he's played a few games at left back because izaguire has been injured.

Hate saying it about the scum players but Lustig was an excellent signing for them on a free.

Fod, Wallace, Kiernan and Waghorn would probably get into their team.

People on here need to be realistic though. I mean look at Scott Allan - we all know if he'd have come to us he'd be a first team player. He's barely had a look in over in that shithole because their midfield is decent.

I agree on everything you say there, but I do think he's good enough to be starting. The likes of Forrest, Armstrong and GMS clearly haven't been that great. Allan is a good footballer and I wouldn't be surprised if he finished the Season in their starting 11.

He just doesn't seem to get a game, which makes me happy. Because he's a cunt.

I agree on everything you say there, but I do think he's good enough to be starting. The likes of Forrest, Armstrong and GMS clearly haven't been that great. Allan is a good footballer and I wouldn't be surprised if he finished the Season in their starting 11.

He just doesn't seem to get a game, which makes me happy. Because he's a cunt.

He's not going to dislodge Brown or Biton mate. Mulgrew will be favored ahead of him too in there. McGregor as well.

Wallace was arguably the best full back in the SPL outside of the top two when we bought him although who knows how four years in the lower leagues may have changed that

I totally agree but he has regressed horribly since then. He is nowhere near the player he was back then. At his age now, i can't see him getting that back. McCoist ruined him.

He's not going to dislodge Brown or Biton mate. Mulgrew will be favored ahead of him too in there. McGregor as well.

Waghorn wouldn't be playing at CM though. He'd be one of the 3 behind the Thumb and he's easily good enough to get in front of one of them.

As for you saying Mulgrew we'll just leave that there!

Who from our team would get in the Celtic XI?

Foderenghama and Keirnan for certain. After that there are good arguments for several players. McKay has far better 1st touch than Forrest but is not as powerful or direct. Waghorn has better movement and hold up than any of their forwards but finishing is possibly not as good. Holt is neat and tidy and has better control and awareness than most of their midfielders. Lee Wallace is easily as good as Mulgrew.

I'm not saying our team is there yet by any stretch of the imagination but by the same token we have a number of players ready to play in the SPL. We need half a dozen players of 1st team quality but I wouldn't mum our entire team from this season.

It's worth noting that we don't necessarily have to be a better team than Celtic to win the league; as long as we're comfortably better than the 3rd team and win most of our games against all the shite teams.

Then it comes down to games v them, and anything can happen. This was Aberdeen's downfall last season, they got close just by being better than the rest.

As for Holt I genuinely think he's our best player and has been for a long time, you'd think his size would hinder him but I don't think it does, he uses it well to get himself FKs. Like Naismith used to.

I really like him as a player, he's already improved since coming to us.

As for Holt I genuinely think he's our best player and has been for a long time, you'd think his size would hinder him but I don't think it does, he uses it well to get himself FKs. Like Naismith used to.

I really like him as a player, he's already improved since coming to us.

100% agree

I like Holt and he is improving all the time.

I am baffled like others have said why he gets hooked after 60mins is he saving him for next game or doing something wrong we are not seeing. I can't see it being fitness as that's a big part of MW demands on players.

Waghorn wouldn't be playing at CM though. He'd be one of the 3 behind the Thumb and he's easily good enough to get in front of one of them.

As for you saying Mulgrew we'll just leave that there!

I thought you were talking about Scott Allan. "Allan is a good footballer and I wouldn't be surprised if he finished the Season in their starting 11. "

I said Mulgrew from a Delia pov. I thought that was what we were talking about.

I thought you were talking about Scott Allan. "Allan is a good footballer and I wouldn't be surprised if he finished the Season in their starting 11. "

I said Mulgrew from a Delia pov. I thought that was what we were talking about.

My apologies I've totally fucked that! :lol:

I think he'll work his way into the team and stay. I didn't see the game against Ajax but tims in my work said that they were impressed and we saw last Season what he was capable of.

Holt isn`t even 23 yet which is pretty incredible considering his maturity, for me he`s currently our best player (or at least one of the best) and is one of the most intelligent footballers I`ve seen play for us in a while. He still has a lot to learn but you can see in the improvement he`s made already the potential he has and without doubt he could be a big player for us for many years to come and possibly even scotland in a few years time. Were young and clearly developing but from what I`ve seen so far the spine emerging in our team looks something like

Fod

Tav Kiernan ? Wallace

Holt ? ?

? Waghorn ?

I don`t mean that in any way a dig at the other players and my opinion will probably change over time but so far these are the guys we can`t really do without.