Holt

KingKirk

Most people agree that McKay offers nothing?

As i said i find you 'rheeking' and thats entirely up to me,theres quite a few who agree with that too.

Seen plenty people recognise wee Holt for the clever player he is and plenty time to bring his game to a whole new level under our superb management.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anyone who thinks McKay offers nothing.

A gallant pioneer has said it a few times,while he can be at times frustrating,he is a great prospect and being top provider in a team that has scored a lot of goals proves he has ability already.

A gallant pioneer has said it a few times,while he can be at times frustrating,he is a great prospect and being top provider in a team that has scored a lot of goals proves he has ability already.

My one complaint with McKay is he is prone to hanging on to the ball for too long at times. A quick, decisive pass is needed at times.

Oh, and his crossing is shite. Two things!

My one complaint with McKay is he is prone to hanging on to the ball for too long at times. A quick, decisive pass is needed at times.

Oh, and his crossing is shite. Two things!

Yeah it can look like he is hanging onto the ball to long,but i actually think against better teams he will play better.

Just now teams are playing 8 at the back so doubling,sometimes trebling,up on our players when they have the ball.

Yeah it can look like he is hanging onto the ball to long,but i actually think against better teams he will play better.

Just now teams are playing 8 at the back so doubling,sometimes trebling,up on our players when they have the ball.

To be totally honest, I find him frustrating but enjoyably so! He has turned his career around to date and I can only applaud him for that. Christ, he was on the bench for Raith in a Scottish Cup tie at Linlithgow just the other year!

To be totally honest, I find him frustrating but enjoyably so! He has turned his career around to date and I can only applaud him for that. Christ, he was on the bench for Raith in a Scottish Cup tie at Linlithgow just the other year!

I get the frustration fans are feeling,not just about wee McKay but others too,with teams defending in numbers our players need to be double quick at thinking and moving the ball.

This season will stand them in good stead when we move up,i am sure of it.

Some players will progress and others will drop out,i am sure both Barrie and Jason will have a big part to play in future.

Enjoyed reading some of the debates in this thread.

Holt is a player that will be in the team when we get back and start to challenge for top level titles, no doubt about it. It must be harder to actually mis-place a pass to Holt than to hit him with one as the wee mans movement is tremendous.

As for our team in the future, McKay is that future, along with Holt and a few others. Mckay is still leading our assist table if I'm right? He's direct, he's quick, and he commits defenders. We need players like McKay in the set up and style we play.

Foderingham

Tav - Kiernan - Ball/Wilson - Wallace

Holt - Halliday/Eustace type - ?

?/Waghorn - Waghorn/? - McKay

Two, maybe three places up for grabs if Zel and Oduwa don't return from their loan spells. That team would more than compete for the SPL. Some strong squad options and two or three first teamers. Shiels, Law, Miller, etc are all capable of doing a turn as and when required too.

That team is more than capable of matching the tims team player for player IMO

Enjoyed reading some of the debates in this thread.

Holt is a player that will be in the team when we get back and start to challenge for top level titles, no doubt about it. It must be harder to actually mis-place a pass to Holt than to hit him with one as the wee mans movement is tremendous.

As for our team in the future, McKay is that future, along with Holt and a few others. Mckay is still leading our assist table if I'm right? He's direct, he's quick, and he commits defenders. We need players like McKay in the set up and style we play.

Foderingham

Tav - Kiernan - Ball/Wilson - Wallace

Holt - Halliday/Eustace type - ?

?/Waghorn - Waghorn/? - McKay

Two, maybe three places up for grabs if Zel and Oduwa don't return from their loan spells. That team would more than compete for the SPL. Some strong squad options and two or three first teamers. Shiels, Law, Miller, etc are all capable of doing a turn as and when required too.

That team is more than capable of matching the tims team player for player IMO

Without a doubt mate?

The learning curve the players will have this season will stand them in good stead.

Sure Andy Halliday had a stinker vs Murray Davidson/St.Johnstone,but it's 1 game and don't forget Ally's 'team' beat St.Johnstone.

Without a doubt mate?

The learning curve the players will have this season will stand them in good stead.

Sure Andy Halliday had a stinker vs Murray Davidson/St.Johnstone,but it's 1 game and don't forget Ally's 'team' beat St.Johnstone.

Spot on (tu)

I remember being so shocked at the amount of luck they had that game in terms of second and third balls dropping, we pressed higher, looking to create and left the space for that O'Halloran to exploit, they never once outplayed us, they stuck to their game plan and it worked for them, Kiernan and the back 4 in general have learned from that night and looked far more solid as a result. Our play merited a win IMO, but we still didn't really carve them open enough to rue missed chances. A draw may have been a fair result.

Halliday is still learning that role too, so this year will be a test for him, especially since Eustace has left, that knowledge of the role to bounce ideas off isn't there and understanding only comes from playing games. And he's done superbly so far.

Looking forward, I can't recall a Rangers team being this well drilled, this well trained with the potential to dominate games start to finish. As far away as Europe is, I would love to see us up against a decent European team. I really think we'd be surprised at how good we look if both teams look to create and win the game.

It's hard to think the team has only been together for half a season.

You can see with each passing game that we are trying different methods to penetrate teams,the wee dinked ball over the top with Holt making the run seems to be getting results.

As teams try to counter that it will create more space for Waggy and others.

Some of the desperate defending we have seen from opposition this season has been down to our fantastic energy/work rate.

With Frank Mulholland settling into work i am sure there will be a few gems to join us on our rise to the top.

It's hard to think the team has only been together for half a season.

You can see with each passing game that we are trying different methods to penetrate teams,the wee dinked ball over the top with Holt making the run seems to be getting results.

As teams try to counter that it will create more space for Waggy and others.

Some of the desperate defending we have seen from opposition this season has been down to our fantastic energy/work rate.

With Frank Mulholland settling into work i am sure there will be a few gems to join us on our rise to the top.

Who the fuck is he like?

The thing that disappoints me with some of the views in this thread is that some people seem to think that this team is supposed to be the finished article. Apparently individual players, and the team as a unit, cannot and will not improve.

It's like there is no faith in the ability of the players to learn or the management team to coach.

I guess they just spend all week keeping fit.