Forget The Early Season Hype, Our Squad Is Shite

Wawrinka

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leigh Griffiths would score 50 in the league we're in. People laughing about how shite the Filth are because he's their first choice striker have absolutely no sense of perspective.

griffiths and the paedos are complete shite - and thats from their own punters!

and you would have to be deaf, like yerself, not to hear the criticism of both blaring from the piggery.

griffiths is, was, and always will be never more than english championship and never good enough for europe.

he is totally overrated. even more than hooper and look how shit he turned out to be.

if you rate griffiths, a player hardly rated by his own punters, you, as your thread clearly shows, know piss all about football.

It's absolutely pointless comparing us to the smellies at the moment.

A lot can and probably will happen in the two transfer windows before we even start a league campaign in the same league as they are.

the same league as they?

three quarters of the teams in it are no better than what we face each week.

griffiths and the paedos are complete shite - and thats from their own punters!

and you would have to be deaf, like yerself, not to hear the criticism of both blaring from the piggery.

griffiths is, was, and always will be never more than english championship and never good enough for europe.

he is totally overrated. even more than hooper and look how shit he turned out to be.

if you rate griffiths, a player hardly rated by his own punters, you, as your thread clearly shows, know piss all about football.

why you getting all worked up about Griffis, spelling his name correctly an all that?

We need a good striker who is big and powerful and a good experienced defensive midfeilder.

This team is good enough to win the championship and could finish top 6 in the spfl.

As supporters or job is to support the team so let's raise the roof at Ibrox live to a Uk audience.

And let the team take care of Hibs

why you getting all worked up about Griffis, spelling his name correctly an all that?

this is how you spell that paedos name S-H-I-T-E

the same spelling which is appropriate for this thread title.

criticism is one thing...

but calling our squad 'shite' after the performances they have given us this year

makes a shite supporter

Ah right. Unconditional support for players, but if supporters comment on their opinion that those players aren't good enough for Rangers then they are pricks.

Gotcha.

Sorry Mr Edmonds, but you haven't. You seem to have missread my post. I said that constructive criticism is good. But folk calling our own players this and that, then they are pricks in my opinion. It's fine if you think they are not good enough, but the language used about them is shocking, and totally uncalled - for.

There's literally 3 players maximum in this squad who are good enough to challenge for the SPL title

Short of a £10 million rebuilding job, we're going to be (at best) a team challenging for the top 6 of the SPL every year and maybe being in Europe once every 4 years or so

So you thought we thought Warburton thought he had a squad to win the Premiership?

I never believed that even when we were tanking these ddiy teams.

Anyone else wonder if the temporary dip in form is due to John Eustace going back to England?

Other than that, it's the same squad as we started with and no it's not shite, it just needs a bit of freshness. Give some credit to Hibs though, the fact is they are doing well and that's that. We do need a little more defensive steel and a little more imagination/incisiveness in front of goal. Otherwise we are doing well. Good squad that inevitably needs developed and improved over time.

Anyone else wonder if the temporary dip in form is due to John Eustace going back to England?

Other than that, it's the same squad as we started with and no it's not shite, it just needs a bit of freshness. Give some credit to Hibs though, the fact is they are doing well and that's that. We do need a little more defensive steel and a little more imagination/incisiveness in front of goal. Otherwise we are doing well. Good squad that inevitably needs developed and improved over time.

The only difference since just before the game where we lost 2-1 to Hibs is that John Eustace has went back to home and we have brought in the Analysis guy and also the sports science (?) guy from Hibs.

It's mind numbing on here.

After 3 years of demanding we play football a certain way, this forum is full of panic threads because we haven't mastered a philosophy in 6 months that has taken other clubs decades to master.

I feel as though we've been transported back in time on this forum. It's not so easy for me to ignore the clear, and significant, progression we have made in such a short space of time from those days. People said winning wasn't enough, we needed style, well we're implementing that style now.

Yes, we have issues to work on but this hysteria on here is maddening.

I agree 100%, we've only had six months to implement a style of football that's brought our game on light years. If Mcoist had adopted this approach from day 1 this current Rangers team would be a lot more adept at keeping the consistency going throughout a season.

There's obviously flaws in how we're playing at the moment as our recent results show, but it's imperative we stick to the pressing and passing philosophy.

With a gradual tweaking of our game be it tactical or by changing personnel, there's no reason we can't enjoy watching our team play with style while also win with style on a consistent basis like at the beginning of the season.

Iike most on here I'd like to see far better players in some key positions in this team but the footballing philosophy needs to stay the same. We can't go back to long balls and target men or we will never progress. That's short term philosophy and will ultimately hold this club back.

Obviously this season it's vital to get back in that top league. Next week we will be in a position to bring in players and MW has got the right guy already in place to identify what we need. If we can manage to bring in a few additions to remedy what's been lacking these last couple of months then I'm very confident we can return to that early season form. It's work in progress but we've got to stick to what the manager believes in.

MW philosophy is about maximising the teams chances. Statistically that is best with possession in dangerous areas.

The majority lapped up the MW appointment, our style now is no surprise as it is exactly what we were promised. Giving up on our new philosophy after just 6 months is ludicrous.

How long are fans 'on here' willing to give any manager to implement his vision? 6 months or less?

Yes, we are in a run of bad form. That's what happens in league football to every team, every season. There's no reason I see right now to be kicking the toys out the pram. We will be improving in Jan, anyone saying we won't I guarantee said the same in May.

But, I've been in this position before on here and it's tedious. If people want to embrace the negativity that's up to them. But, IMO, if it leads to chasing MW and our new philosophy away then Rangers will be poorer for it. I hope the board stays strong and back their choice in the face of such panic 'on here'.

Great post.

I think some of the inevitable frustration and anger from Saturday's result is now waning.

Imo the team gelled better and sooner than I'd expected. This raised expectations somewhat. Not just for results but the standard of play too.

The odd blip was to be expected but this is more than that. It's a poor run of form over a considerable period, against some poor teams.

The biggest frustration is not seeing us buck out of it. We talk about meetings, time training, inquests, desire etc but that's talk not turned into action.

Some stuff should be simple ie the corners, a quicker pass, cover for the back 2 etc but week 5 into the form dip and the issues remain.

All the while hivees are on an exceptional run and are ramping up pressure.

Still convinced by MW, still rate most players but we need several in in Jan to improve the first team and competition as off form players like Tav has no replacement. MWs philosophy is still bang on for me.

Want to see talk turned into action though and us getting back to our winning best. Monday is as good a time as any.

MW philosophy is about maximising the teams chances. Statistically that is best with possession in dangerous areas.

The majority lapped up the MW appointment, our style now is no surprise as it is exactly what we were promised. Giving up on our new philosophy after just 6 months is ludicrous.

How long are fans 'on here' willing to give any manager to implement his vision? 6 months or less?

Yes, we are in a run of bad form. That's what happens in league football to every team, every season. There's no reason I see right now to be kicking the toys out the pram. We will be improving in Jan, anyone saying we won't I guarantee said the same in May.

But, I've been in this position before on here and it's tedious. If people want to embrace the negativity that's up to them. But, IMO, if it leads to chasing MW and our new philosophy away then Rangers will be poorer for it. I hope the board stays strong and back their choice in the face of such panic 'on here'.

You're on form on this thread AB85 , and agree with what you're saying.

If we were to change every time we have a run of bad form , we'd never move forward . We are trying to lay a foundation to a style of football that excites , brings in the crowd and will ultimately be successful . One that we can build on in the future , and from what ive seen so far , we are heading in that direction.

Yes there will be bumps along the way , as there is now , but this was never going to be a quick fix , both from having to start from scratch and because of our financial position. Of course things can be improved , as they would have been had we been running away with the league , but this is a work in progress project , where we can make changes for improvement whenever financially viable.

As for the OP , yes this squad is good enough for promotion . I think the problem is down to attitude - a dangerous mixture of over confidence , from the start we had , to the panic of what to do now when things don't go your way. MW and DW need to sit the players down and try and rebuild that confidence . We , the fans , need to show a lot more patience , get off the players backs anytime a pass goes astray , and generally not put them in a position when they're too scared to express themselves.

We've gone through these phases before and were ultimately successful ,I believe we will again this season.

Here is an idea, how about we allow the manager to do his job in January. He put together a group of players that have us top of the league at the moment. He did that fairly quickly when the squad was threadbare.

I fully expect him to add in January, this is where we find out just how good Warburton is, it's fairly obvious where we need better players. I fully expect him to deliver.

Here is an idea, how about we allow the manager to do his job in January. He put together a group of players that have us top of the league at the moment. He did that fairly quickly when the squad was threadbare.

I fully expect him to add in January, this where we find out just how good Warburton is, it's fairly obvious where we need better players. I fully expect him to deliver.

This ^ ^

There's literally 3 players maximum in this squad who are good enough to challenge for the SPL title

Short of a £10 million rebuilding job, we're going to be (at best) a team challenging for the top 6 of the SPL every year and maybe being in Europe once every 4 years or so

Do you think we should be building a squad to try and win the Champions League instead.