Find A Plan B Or Find A New Job.

The Educator

Its up to Warburton to highlight the players he needs and get away from that stupid idea of a lean squad while not having all his positions covered.

Then its up to Dave King to supply the funds. If he doesn`t he would have to go.

The sad thing is everybody and their granny can identify what we need and where we are weak, teams who play against us are just doing the most basic of things to exploit these weak point in the team. The idea that if you score one we'll score two doesn't work, especially if we are one down. Sadly we seem to be in need of a back bone to the team, somebody solid at the back, someone to control the midfield and a sledgehammer up front to smash the packed defences.

I can't help think back to the game where Oduwa was kicked off the park and think that the managers tempered response was a mistake. It's one thing to be respectful but the players must feel that in circumstances like that the manager will get stuck in so that it won't happen again. The managers response was weak and the team really hasn't been the same since with Oduwa being pretty poor ever since, if the manager comes across as meek and mild then it'll be reflected by the way the team plays. Time for the manager to find a plan B off the park as well as on.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 points dropped in the last 6 matches - if that is not a concern then I don't know what is.

The manager cannot keep saying do Plan A better - I made a point before he was appointed that this attitude worried me and after the St Johnstone game I got slaughtered on here for saying he had to mix it up / change formations when it suited (simple balls over the top are killing us etc.).

If he can't get a reaction next week then I can see this season turning to shit. Hibs will be right up for this knowing a win could take them top (presuming they take something from their game today which I think they now will easily)

Expect to be slaughtered again by the usual suspects so I'll get in first - to all of you about to - fuck you :D

We've had one 'perfect' season since 1872, if I'm not mistaken. We shared the league title with Dumbarton that year. We came close in the 90s (possibly 93 season?) but have never went a season unbeaten.

We've lost two games and drawn two games. The other 13, we've won. We've scored 47 goals - 18 more goals than 2nd place - and conceded 13 goals, which is where we have to tighten up. Our goal difference is better by +16. We started the season exceptionally well and we've had a bad run of form. Barcelona have a bad run of form. Bayern Munich have a bad run of form. HIBS and FALKIRK are going to have a bad run of form. The season isn't decided in December.

We must beat Hibs at Ibrox. And even then the leagues not going to be decided after one game.

Beat Hibs > Strengthen in January > Siege our way back to the top.

10 points dropped in the last 6 matches - if that is not a concern then I don't know what is.

The manager cannot keep saying do Plan A better - I made a point before he was appointed that this attitude worried me and after the St Johnstone game I got slaughtered on here for saying he had to mix it up / change formations when it suited (simple balls over the top are killing us etc.).

If he can't get a reaction next week then I can see this season turning to shit. Hibs will be right up for this knowing a win could take them top (presuming they take something from their game today which I think they now will easily)

Expect to be slaughtered again by the usual suspects so I'll get in first - to all of you about to - fuck you :D

Nobody is saying it isn't a concern. Go ask any Rangers fan - its a concern. And you know what? Any bad run of form for any side is a fucking concern. The difference is Rangers have already proven this season to be the best team in this league and still will be by 5pm today regardless.

Its fucking unacceptable to just be throwing in the towel because of one bad run of form. It was ALWAYS coming. Why the fuck would it not? And why are people surprised? THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN FOOTBALL.

Get a grip.

Plan A worked while we were executing Plan A.

We're not doing Plan A very well.

We're losing.

So ditch Plan A.

Not logical, mate.

Or, do Plan A better again.

That's logical, mate.

We need better players to do plan A better. Teams aren't going to let us play our way, especially now as its been shown that we haven't found a way to get through men behind the ball.

Plan A worked while we were executing Plan A.

We're not doing Plan A very well.

We're losing.

So ditch Plan A.

Not logical, mate.

Or, do Plan A better again.

That's logical, mate.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over and keep getting poorer results it's illogical to think they will suddenly get better.

If plan A is has a basic flaw in its make up, it will always have a flaw no matter what you do to it. If you go for a thin squad other teams will just do their best to injure your players and you'll be left without cover. Think how bad it could have been if Waghorn had been out with an injury. We can only hope that Warburton is able to see what the obvious flaws are with his plan A and brings in the sort of players to strengthen the squad and allow us to go to a plan B against the teams who will sit in. If he does that they'll know they will be on a beating if they sit in and might as well come out and at least try and play open football. Then and only then will we be able to adapt and revert to plan A when they do.

I think we will be 3 points behind hibs come january but hopefully that will encourage the board and warburton to splash the cash and sign more than two players, we absolutely need more than two players

Edit: Oh and to be fair I thought he did come up with a plan B by taking off Wilson putting on another attacker and changing the formation

I wouldn't say blind faith rather a belief in his philosophy of expansive football, I was told on numerous times that style over substance was a must, seems to me M W is trying to do that. I dont know what par for the course is? I think we play better football than we did last year, risk comes with that imo

Far to early to panic op, hang in there

I agree mate but theres still some who think Warburton shouldn't be criticised. I love the guy but hes made a few miss steps and while im confident he is our man i hope he sorts the current sutuation sooner rather than later

I don't agree about sacking him but it's IMPERATIVE he finds a way around this 10 men behind the ball mentality we are coming up against.

Another thing, those players (and King) have been giving it nothing but hot air since we found ourselves 10 plus league wins in a row. They need to button it in future unless they can put their money where their mouth is (literally in some cases).

I think we will be 3 points behind hibs come january but hopefully that will encourage the board and warburton to splash the cash and sign more than two players, we absolutely need more than two players

Edit: Oh and to be fair I thought he did come up with a plan B by taking off Wilson putting on another attacker and changing the formation

Hibs will beat us on 28th if we don't mix things up big style

If you keep doing the same thing over and over and keep getting poorer results it's illogical to think they will suddenly get better.

If plan A is has a basic flaw in its make up, it will always have a flaw no matter what you do to it. If you go for a thin squad other teams will just do their best to injure your players and you'll be left without cover. Think how bad it could have been if Waghorn had been out with an injury. We can only hope that Warburton is able to see what the obvious flaws are with his plan A and brings in the sort of players to strengthen the squad and allow us to go to a plan B against the teams who will sit in. If he does that they'll know they will be on a beating if they sit in and might as well come out and at least try and play open football. Then and only then will we be able to adapt and revert to plan A when they do.

Warburton has been a victim of his own success. He was almost too open with the press about his tactics.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts to the inevitable questions he faces again this week about a "crisis" or "out of form"

Warburton is a manager. But he is not a leader. If he does have enough in his locker to lead effectively and to gain additional gears and instil a mentality in players of how to deal with and win difficult games then he is yet to show it imo. Does he have the bottle to handle the pressure from the Support, the media and the Board if his team falls behind in the league in January so that a healthy points lead is turned into a points deficit which would mean results and form slump would have happened which he had not been able to put right? IMO he is bringing huge pressure upon himself by not sorting out the recent below-requirement results and performances. His 3 immediate predecessors could not handle it and neither could a more experienced squad. How long will King and the Board give him to put the show back on the road and to instil confidence that promotion will be won? Til the end of Jan in my book. If not league leaders at that time and if not returned to a sustained form of winning then will King continue to risk not winning promotion? I doubt it. It's up to Warburton. He knows a bit about pressure from deal trader days. But fucking about with bets using other peoples investment money is kindergarden pressure compared to the pressure of leading and managing a football club of the stature of Rangers. We'll know in around 5 months if he was up to it.......or perhaps sooner if the results and league position is not where it needs to be by around the end of Jan.

Plan B is simple really. Change the formation to a 4-4-2 where our fullbacks actually defend, where we have more grit in the middle and have two attacking options up top. It doesn't mean we change our passing philosophy but the 4-3-3 leaves us far too exposed with these young players. I can't understand why MW is not willing to change things.

I just love the misguided arrogance of the "we're fine, you're just hysterical simpletons" brigade. Fact is the football has been poor for weeks as shown by the results and the position in the league table. The early season form can be well and truly forgotten, I'm just grateful that it provided such a good start because from here on it's going to be more of the same each week - unless changes are made.

If however you prefer to belittle anyone who dares to be critical then carry on, believe whatever makes you happiest.

I just love the misguided arrogance of the "we're fine, you're just hysterical simpletons" brigade. Fact is the football has been poor for weeks as shown by the results and the position in the league table. The early season form can be well and truly forgotten, I'm just grateful that it provided such a good start because from here on it's going to be more of the same each week - unless changes are made. If however you prefer to belittle anyone who dares to be critical then carry on, believe whatever makes you happiest.

The head in the sand brigade are the same idiots who defended McCoist on all the social media platforms until the bitter end. Warburton is making glaringly obvious mistakes and still they fall over themselves to make excuses for him.