Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

Josh Windass seems to be pretty highly rated and even though his Dad was and still is a bit of a nutter you can't deny his will to win at all cost attitude and I'd imagine that will have rubbed off on his boy.

This one has all the hallmarks of a very good signing.

His dad was also a very good footballer

These rules have bitten us in the arse many times before so I've absolutely no sympathy for Acrington, it's the rules and our club will hopefully benefit. Both look like good players from what I've seen and trust Warburton's judgement - looks like we've done out homework.

Fingers crossed we can land these two.

Was Dean Windass a Rangers supporter? Seem to remember reading that a good few years ago.

Was spotted at a recent Rangers game and when his boys name was shouted towards him he punched his heart 3 times.

Right at that moment my whole opinion and attitude changed towards Dean Windass.

It was a No Surrender moment.

In my opinion we're trying to wrap up pre-contract deals for them, at which point we'll enter into fee negotiations to take the pair of their hands this window. That way we get them for less than we would have if we just went in and negotiated first, and Stanley still get some much needed money.

Was just going to suggest that.

Have you seen much of league 2? It makes the SPL look like La Liga.

Disagree, very similar standard, not much in it at all, personally i think the lower leagues in england are grossly overrated, you ever watch that football league show....? 80% of goals are a lump into the box, 2 attempts to clear, bounce of someones arse and slide tackled over the line.

Why does everyone automatically dismiss them as being shite because of where they play. Exact same thing. Happened with Waghorn and Tavernier due to their lack of game time at Wigan and the previous clubs they had been at. Now look at them.

Bar the defence which is not great you have to give credit to some of the wee gems Warburtons found.

Hopefully these guys are as good.

I don't think its much to do with the players not being good, Kiernan is solid, Tavernier speaks for himself and Wilson is a good defender its just the system doesn't do them any favours.

Why does everyone automatically dismiss them as being shite because of where they play. Exact same thing. Happened with Waghorn and Tavernier due to their lack of game time at Wigan and the previous clubs they had been at. Now look at them.

To be fair, the English Championship is two levels about League 2. Much different quality of players in each league

Moan, moan, moan! Tell me ONE player MW has signed that has let us down? Not everyone plays 100% each game but overall they have knitted well, stuck together and won more games than most. Yet some still question! Get a grip.

A true measure will be next year in the SPL.

I don't think its much to do with the players not being good, Kiernan is solid, Tavernier speaks for himself and Wilson is a good defender its just the system doesn't do them any favours.

Kiernans not very good his passing not good his reading of the games not good Tavs been hot and cold, Wilson never been good any time i've seen him, he does think he's good though.

The system works if we have better defenders.