Which Team In Scotland Can Actually Stop Us?

rosco88

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearts are doing ok .. And we are light years better than we were last year.. Have Hearts improved as much as we have? Anyway... I see moments of brilliance and moments of heartache in the next year. 2 years from now.. I expect us to win the top league.

Agree that we would be bullied by the 'top' teams in the 'premier' league..

As we have found out through the years cup games can make a fool of any team, we have lost cup games to much inferior opposition in days when we had a team full of international stars, Killie might come with tactics to beat us, but I doubt it, if we lose it will be because some part of our game is off, as ever it's all about the Rangers.

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves we're still far too slack and open at the back and would be punished against better sides imo we still need 2 center backs,probably 2 center mids one defensive and a wide right who can both create and score goals or move Waggy there permanently and sign a striker,we've improved massively yes but still far from the finished article we'd struggle against the Sheep,Hertz and the Taigs just now imo but we're definitely heading in the right direction and no doubt we'll be back at the top before long

I am all for keeping our feet on the ground but as others have said, Hearts were not a million miles ahead of us last year at our worst and I don't see that they have progressed that much since then, whereas we are light years ahead of where we were

Over the course of a league season I think we could hold our own against them or Aberdeen.

The filth, maybe not quite yet. But we are not far away

I think consistency could be a big problem once we get to the premier league , where every game will be tough.

I fancy our chances against anyone in a one off , but I don't think we're at the stage yet , where I think we would be beating teams 4/4 in a season like we did before.

IMO Celtic would destroy us.

I think on any given day, us playing our best we would beat anyone else - but I don't think we are at the level yet that we would beat the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen on a regular basis like the days of old.

We will get there, though.

celtc had a better team last year and it only finished 2-0 against by far the worst Rangers side in history with no manager... They definitely wouldn't destroy us

I think part of our issue is we are HATED by them all so each one of them will raise their game against us, We'll have to put up with that (as it always has been), which includes the mhanky mob as e.g. Ross County, Hamilton or St. Johnstone's of this world will raise their game against us far more than they ever do against the other lot. That's what makes the mentality of a Rangers player so much more than anyone else.

Over a season, this team would finish mid-table, we need a bit more physicality about us so when games are close we can get over the line, we're still a bit lightweight across the park.

I haven't watched a full 45 minutes of a game featuring a Scottish team other than Rangers since Division 3, so it's difficult to say where we are in relation to other SPL sides like Aberdeen etc.

However, we went into the St Johnstone game with a hubris that we were going to go unbeaten through the year, win a treble etc and we were badly, badly beaten.

I think we're better now than Hearts were last year when they beat us comprehensively in the league. Given that, I'd expect us to be ahead of wherever they are in the league this year, and with some good, clever strengthening we should be able to push on quite significantly.

Massive positive improvements made, but not a Premiership winning team at the moment IMO.