Liar Liar

WCPRANGERS1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Who the fuck are you too tell people too post or not ? The guys has passed on info , wether ppl believe it or not is up too them 

Simmer down son!

The general consensus is that without a source or quote anyone on here could say what they want and claim it to be fact.

No one was saying your not telling the truth but generally when you come out with a strong statement like "rest assured that the club is fighting these smears and lies head on," the natural reaction is "who told you this?", "where is this info coming from?"

We are all want the same thing and are fighting the same fight.

7 hours ago, ChesterPerry said:

Without going into any detail Ill say we as a support can be rest assured that the club is fighting these smears and lies head on.

These "journalists" ought to be very careful what they write about us.

Can we mate? I've yet to be convinced.

Britney now releasing statements via his Twitter! Fucks this shit!

Graham Spiers ‏@GrahamSpiers  31 mins31 minutes ago

My statement on Rangers FC and The Herald's apology:

GRAHAM SPIERS STATEMENT

JANUARY 27TH, 2016

THE HERALD’S APOLOGY TO RANGERS FC

I feel I need to explain the context of The Herald clarification/apology published today regarding my column about Rangers FC and the fight against bigoted chanting.

Rangers took exception to a column I wrote in which I questioned “the mettle” of the current club board in tackling offensive chanting.

This opinion was based on the fact that, at a meeting I attended at Ibrox Stadium on August 31st 2015, a Rangers director told me that he thought The Billy Boys was “a great song”.

I subsequently expressed my dismay at the director’s comment in an email exchange with Rangers. There was, and is, no question of me calling any Rangers director a bigot.

Rangers duly complained to The Herald about my column. As the weeks passed a dispute arose, and the pressure brought upon the newspaper became severe.

The Herald told me repeatedly that they now had to find a way to a public resolution with Rangers. Having searched many avenues to reach an agreement with the club, the newspaper ultimately denied my request to withhold any clarification/apology until my own position was clearer.

The Herald has never told me that they disbelieved my version of events.  I also retain the highest regard for Magnus Llewellin, the paper’s editor who has tried to resolve this problem.

My opinion – as expressed in my column – was based on a truthful account of my meeting with a Rangers director.

1 minute ago, BlueGates said:

He'll have a column ready for his expose of our Board Member. 

I think The Herald could do without any more bad press or loss of money, so i'd imagine he may have to be very careful with his columns in the future. 

We should continue to keep the heat on him and ensure he can't get away with his nonsense. Clearly not is all well behind the scenes.........

I wonder what the context of the quote was. The words surrounding the 'great song' quote are crucial but the slimy excuse of a 'journalist' omits the context to justify his pathetic attempt to further drag Rangers name through the mud. He thinks he is clever but he just continues to show himself up as the charlatan he really is.

3 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

No mention from Britney, of course, of the context of the comment from the Rangers director. They were both just sitting in a meeting and the director shouted out, "The Billy Boys is a great song", and then stopped talking.

Beat me to it!