Liar Liar

WCPRANGERS1

6 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Stating something you can't prove doesn't make you a liar, it just makes you naive for stating it in the first place, I have a fair idea who Britney was alluding to but it was a pretty basic error from someone who has been in the business long enough to know he couldn't possibly say it without having to prove it at a later date

It was not a basic error. It was not naive.

Spiers would have known that this allegation was potentially defamatory. The sub-editor would have known this. At this point, before publication not "at a later date", Spiers would have been asked to provide proof of his allegation.

The Herald decided to print the allegation knowing that they could not prove it.

In the apology, The Herald and Spiers both acknowledge that the article was inaccurate. This would have been evident before publication.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So, for the avoidance of doubt;

Graeme Spiers is a proven liar, a man with no integrity - journalistic or otherwise

The Herald newspaper willingly printed the lies, without any editorial checking of fact 

and  people call us paranoid?

"Paranoid Protestant posters."

41 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Stating something you can't prove doesn't make you a liar, it just makes you naive for stating it in the first place, I have a fair idea who Britney was alluding to but it was a pretty basic error from someone who has been in the business long enough to know he couldn't possibly say it without having to prove it at a later date

Sorry, I don't agree. Spiers is many things, but naive isn't one of them, he is an experienced 'journalist' and would have known exactly what he was doing.  

The Rangers Supporters Trust is delighted with Rangers' action in challenging the lies of Herald columnist Graham Spiers.The club has today secured a humiliating public climb down from Mr Spiers following his latest false accusations.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14231746.Apology__Spiers_on_Sport__December_30__2015/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Mr Spiers has made a career out of fanning the flames of sectarianism and his dishonest commentary on the subject has been highlighted more than once. Rangers acted decisively earlier this year to remove Mr Spiers' press privileges. This action has been proven correct both in the context of Mr Spiers' previous dishonesty and his latest outburst for which both he and the Herald have been forced to apologise.

We do not believe Mr Spiers' latest humiliation will necessarily curb his appetite for printing or broadcasting lies about our club. We therefore hope that in future, any editors or producers who still inexplicably employ him are more diligent in checking his work. Clearly he can't be trusted to do so himself. - See more at: http://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-welcomes-rangers-action-on-graham-spiers/#.Vqih03rvWY8.twitter

41 minutes ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

And he's posting on Twitter asking if him calling out Rangers board over willingness to tackle sectarianism as innacurate....so not really an apology then.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/692288911943581696

:lol: Stumblebum cunt.

35 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

Queers is a piece of lying shit...he has been caught out before live on tv

hopefully his latest bout of " lazy journalism" will earn him the tin tack

Should have done , but as the RST statement shows he has loads of previous and as the rhag in questions recent recruitment shows ,honesty and integrity is not a requirement for employment within their ranks.

2 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

And he's posting on Twitter asking if him calling out Rangers board over willingness to tackle sectarianism as innacurate....so not really an apology then.

Opportunity to drive wedge between newspaper and Spiers ??

30 minutes ago, ChesterPerry said:

Without going into any detail Ill say we as a support can be rest assured that the club is fighting these smears and lies head on.

These "journalists" ought to be very careful what they write about us.

Back up what you are saying. Or are you allowed to act like The Herald?

8 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

9 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Going into detail could cost me and others so not willing to for now. I would PM you but I dont know you. An admin on here aware of my position after ad revenue story was leaked. Believe it or dont its up to you.

2 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

He's clearly going against the statement in the paper

2 minutes ago, ChesterPerry said:

Going into detail could cost me and others so not willing to for now. I would PM you but I dont know you. An admin on here aware of my position after ad revenue story was leaked. Believe it or dont its up to you.

If you can't back it up, don't post. I did not say you were incorrect; just that you provided no verifiable proof. If there is any risk, I would prefer that you did not PM me with details. You know what you know and I appreciate that some posts may frustrate you because of that. However, people in other situations have also to mind what they say/post. As a former bank employee, I well know what confidentiality entails.

7 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

If you can't back it up, don't post. I did not say you were incorrect; just that you provided no verifiable proof. If there is any risk, I would prefer that you did not PM me with details. You know what you know and I appreciate that some posts may frustrate you because of that. However, people in other situations have also to mind what they say/post. As a former bank employee, I well know what confidentiality entails.

Fair play.

21 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Who the fuck are you too tell people too post or not ? The guys has passed on info , wether ppl believe it or not is up too them