Billy King - Welcome to The Rangers

eskbankloyal

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

A good point.

Depends what he sees the purpose of the 3 short term ones. The phrase taking a step back to take two forward comes to mind. Sometimes you have to make short term calls to enable long term solutions.

I don't know the reasoning behind the transfers so far, but I'd be willing to bet that MW has a fair amount of reasoning behind it.

1 minute ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Have we actually got any money to spend?  Signing some shite Hearts player on loan and sending him back in the summer is pointless.  

1. He is far from shite.

2. We don't even know if he is going back, we could be signing him. Fs it might not even be a loan, its not even official yet.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

thats not really the point is it, we were interested in signing o'halleron straight up, long term contract (you'd expect), we didnt pay the money for him

now we are signing players on loan, with maybe an option to buy in the summer

completely goes against what warburton stated in the press

Not necessarily. Depends what his plan is.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Depends what he sees the purpose of the 3 short term ones. The phrase taking a step back to take two forward comes to mind. Sometimes you have to make short term calls to enable long term solutions.

I don't know the reasoning behind the transfers so far, but I'd be willing to bet that MW has a fair amount of reasoning behind it.

Exactly. A couple weeks ago people were panicking about if we'd even win this league, and we need people in now. Bring in players to help achieve that goal and now they whine about that.

Literally is lose, lose according to some on here. I thought it was just an Ally thing before, but it appears to be a general negativity about Rangers from some.

Nothing against the boy but I just don't get how this progresses us as a club or team. Forget the name, we've taken someone who can't get game time for Hertz, while we loan out our own players to teams in our division?  Maybe just purely cover for Waghorn / Miller??  

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

say the 3 short term deals ters it up for us, they slot into the team well and help us pish this league, then all 3 decide that they dont want to stay with us in the summer

where does that leave warburtons plan, fact is 6 month deals and loan moves ARE  short term option no matter what the long term plan is, and we are wasting money and time on them

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Nothing against the boy but I just don't get how this progresses us as a club or team. Forget the name, we've taken someone who can't get game time for Hertz, while we loan out our own players to teams in our division?  Maybe just purely cover for Waghorn / Miller??  

Played 20 games.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

say the 3 short term deals ters it up for us, they slot into the team well and help us pish this league, then all 3 decide that they dont want to stay with us in the summer

where does that leave warburtons plan, fact is 6 month deals and loan moves ARE  short term option no matter what the long term plan is, and we are wasting money and time on them

Well, maybe you should criticise MW for that if and when it happens (Can't see it myself, right enough, but it is a risk... so is buying them and them not making the grade. There are risks in everything). Although, I'm sure if it does happen he won't be and the Board will be, despite MW now suggesting he's involved in the processes and decision making re transfer strategy. 

Also, do you know there isn't an option to sign all 3 already there, signed and sealed? Or is he a stop gap with other plans in the process for next season, someone we can't get just now? Mibbees aye, mibbees naw. Like I say, we don't know what the long term plan is...

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

i am, im also baffled when i realise that ally mccoist spent more money on transfer fees than warburton has :(

I'm genuinely pissed off that we've supposedly lost out on 2 decent players this window,but that statement is ridiculous when Warburton has only been here for 8 months :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

1. He is far from shite.

2. We don't even know if he is going back, we could be signing him. Fs it might not even be a loan, its not even official yet.

He can't even get a regular start for Hearts.  It sounds like a loan deal from reports as he is still under contract until next year or the year after.