Billy King - Welcome to The Rangers

eskbankloyal

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Came out of nowhere. Yet the press lead us to believe were having a torrid time of it in the transfer market:lol:

Signing a guy on loan for 5 months that can barely get a game for Hearts isn't my idea of things going well.  It shouts we've got fuck all cash.

Don't think it's underwhelming at all. Had a great Season last year in the same League and Warburton and Weir have been fantastic in getting the most out of players. If Warburton has a specific target for this position but we can't get him just now, this is a shrewd move to go for. Or even if it's just replacing Oduwa.

Just now, AlBear85 said:

Aye, we've only sorted the 5 signings so far this window.

We signed a goalkeeper despite not punting Bell, so he probably won't even warm the bench. Two won't be here until summer so will have no bearing on the run in this season. Missed out on our two main targets. Warburton himself said he was looking to bring in experience to help the young lads yet none of the signings have much experience. Add to that the one position every bear on here would agree we needed strenghtened hasn't been. Now we sign a player who has two people in front of him in the Hearts team on loan.

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

We signed a goalkeeper despite not punting Bell, so he probably won't even warm the bench. Two won't be here until summer so will have no bearing on the run in this season. Missed out on our two main targets. Warburton himself said he was looking to bring in experience to help the young lads yet none of the signings have much experience. Add to that the one position every bear on here would agree we needed strenghtened hasn't been. Now we sign a player who has two people in front of him in the Hearts team on loan.

Warburton oot!

Just now, AlBear85 said:

Warburton oot!

I like Warburton, I imagine I would be in a minority on here that would like him to stay should we not win promotion. You know its possible to think we are having a bad time of it in the transfer window and still support the management.

5 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Bell will be on a decent whack which he wont get elsewhere so he wont leave in a hurry.

read the first few pages of this and im unsure what to think.

to be honest im not that fussed about O'Halloran but DKs comments a few weeks ago about signing players in this window to challenge next year are starting to seem like hot air

3 of them might not even be here next season, Gostomski and Forrester have 6 month contracts and King is a 6 month loan. Thats not building a team to win the top division. I understand the theory about not wanting to pay over the odds and value etc etc but theres going to come a point in the summer that if we are wanting to challenge then we are going to have to spend because itll come to a point we wont have a squad nevermind a squad capable of challenging

this isnt a pop at DK and the board because i think theyve done a decent job so far with all the pish theyve been left to clear up by the previous shower and compared to last January it is night and day on and off the park imo but im just starting to have a few doubts about some of Kings statements.

25 minutes ago, OzGers said:

Oh fuck off and stop being a dick. You really think we shouldn't be concerned when we've been promised the earth, yet miss out on our major targets and sign stop gaps while our rivals strengthen?

Make no mistake, we need out of this league and cannot take it for granted, we need 1 or 2 quality additions and at the moment, it's looking increasingly unlikely

Do you not think signing the boy with the most combined goals and assists in this league last year is more likely to get us out of it?

4 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

I like Warburton, I imagine I would be in a minority on here that would like him to stay should we not win promotion. You know its possible to think we are having a bad time of it in the transfer window and still support the management.

Sure, bringing in 3 players this window to help the squad achieve winning the league, one of whom won this league last year, and sorted out two exciting, young players to join us for next year. Besides all that we're having a torrid time. :rolleyes: