Billy King - Welcome to The Rangers

eskbankloyal

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So spending money guarantees success. 

If half the posters on this forum were in charge I reckon we would've paid Hearts £2m loan fee by now. 

Spending money rarely guarantees success. Ask van gaal.

It doesn't guarantee it but it is a massive help.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

More ridiculous than stating we would offer 2 million for a loan player, troll on.

With the financial genuises on here it really wouldn't surprise me.  

Up in arms about one APPARENT failed transfer target out of 13. 

Now cause weve signed a player who essentially replaces Oduwa its meltdown time. Baffling stuff. 

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

In our current situation and looking ahead to hopefully the summer of 2017,how are we going to get into the CL without spending money?

We may need to spend more money when we progress to the top league and then hopefully on to Europe but it's questionable if we have to outlay that sort of money at the present time.  

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Or maybe you can just let someone have their opinion for once? 

That doesn't sound like something I'd do. :D

MW explained his views on loaning out players like Walsh. Whether you or I agree with it that is his plan. Doesn't mean he doesn't rate those young players sent out to get football.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Now cause weve signed a player who essentially replaces Oduwa its meltdown time. Baffling stuff. 

Concerned supporters i'd call them to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

One?

you either can't count or have a very short memory

And although there is hardly any need to panic neither is there a need to ignore reality

Just now, Smile said:

Concerned supporters i'd call them to be honest.

Concerned over one apparent failed transfer? Come on. 

Do you honestly believe our transfer policy should be to pay what clubs want no questions asked or should it be based on the knowledge of the manager and his team? 

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

One?

you either can't count or have a very short memory

And although there is hardly any need to panic neither is there a need to ignore reality

Not having a go by no means but what is the reality.Is the team that MW has put together for 700k or so not sitting top of the league,still in the Scottish cup,in a cup final all be it a shit final but a final all the same, some good backroom staff appointments,a scouting system being put in place that many wanted and all achieved within a timescale of what 7 months or so.I don't think we are in to bad a place to be fair.

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

@Smile

Concerned supporters who want us to spend millions on players, with no guarantees of success funded by the board for no return to themselves. It comes across as if some are in a bubble.

Nobody is wanting millions spent now.

But millions will have to be spent at some point in the future if we ultimately want this club to have a realistic chance of getting to the next level.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Concerned over one apparent failed transfer? Come on. 

Do you honestly believe our transfer policy should be to pay what clubs want no questions asked or should it be based on the knowledge of the manager and his team? 

I think most like myself knew that this board had no money and stated it early on. Am i surprised at the lack of transfers NO do i want this board to spend money on players YES.

We have a small group of players that badly need strengthened as if we have injuries to key players like Waghorn or McKay we have nothing of similar quality to replace them with, its simple when you support Rangers you want the best players brought to the club.

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Nobody is wanting millions spent now.

But millions will have to be spent at some point in the future if we ultimately want this club to have a realistic chance of getting to the next level.

Only if it's value to Rangers. 

We need to wake up though. The days of spending £2-3million on a couple players every year won't happen unless we seriously up our income. We can't rely on handouts, the club has to be run relatively self sustainably.

This is what we, the fans, should have learned through all this. That's not me letting DK, the board break promises or whatever, it is how I see us running the club.

Our income guarantees we'll be at the top of Scottish football fighting for leagues and cups. Yes, we also want Euro adventures but not by throwing money at it like before. But, by building a philosophy and work ethic as the base of our club around young, exciting, hungry players. All IMO of course.

This is what MW has been saying, and doing, since the beginning. It should come as no surprise.

13 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

@Smile

Concerned supporters who want us to spend millions on players, with no guarantees of success funded by the board for no return to themselves. It comes across as if some are in a bubble.

No you've missed the point entirely, if we did that they'd be queuing   up to have a go just the same, pointing to us making all the same mistakes as the last 'Rangers' men.

lose lose, it's the kind of folk who bitch about how bad a job everyone does in every committee in golf clubs bowling clubs and lodges but never stand up to the plate.