Better SPFL TV deal

kris1984

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gaffbear said:

I can just see the pubs mobbed in sou Paulo to watch Inverness v Dundee .. £10m over 6 years is less than.sky offered 20 years ago 

I often wonder not for the wee clubs being wanks and if we stayed on that deal ... What kinda money we would be on now. Not a huge sum but I bet it would be a multiple of what we get currently. 

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The gift who keeps on giving.

Ok, you and Sket can send your replies to my pigeonhole - the bin

I've seen the full cost breakdown of the current deal (available on the internet)

To say this deal is a disgrace, without having seen the above^ is quite foolish and a bit quick to jump the gun, but hey ho. Oh wait they haven't seen the breakdown of this deal either which is "improved"

2 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

I've seen the full cost breakdown of the current deal (available on the internet)

To say this deal is a disgrace, without having seen the above^ is quite foolish and a bit quick to jump the gun, but hey ho

You seriously think this is a good deal? You're at it! Fishing for an argument.

even if the money was only split between us and Celtic alone it would still be shite

And what about the journo I posted about that says we won't get a penny and the whole thing is just a PR exercise with the carrot being clubs have greater exposure?

9 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

10mill over 6 years :lol:

Says it all about Scottish Football. 

Statistically speaking, it's highly probable that we have several members on this forum who earn more than that.

Another way to look at it is that there are players who'll earn that of 6 months or so.

But it's easy to knock the SPFL. Very easy. It's almost harder not to.

10 hours ago, kris1984 said:

An increased TV deal as we're about to return...

Sounds no bad but actually. £10m over 6 years is only £1.7m a year and spread over 12 clubs is only £139k per club a year...

Instead of coming out with all that fluent bullshit, a simple "because Rangers are back..." would have been enough

Let me say,  a fucking joke!!!!

Spent more at a bad night out at the Savoy FFS. Dungcaster would sell his granny for a dug biscuit. That cunt is a total incompetent. He probably got more in a kick back for agreeing to it, shared by liewell allegedly!! Fucking wank stain!!!

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

Just wait until we're back in the top flight and the top flight clubs break away again.  Guarantee it happens.

BOOM

Someone else gets it, currently we've got "the best ever" TV deal but its split between 42 rather than 12 so its nowhere near as good for the top clubs.

Give it three years and we'll break away again to keep the cash amongst the top, the way the SPFL voting is structured too the wee diddy clubs will be helpless to stop it

5 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

102 countries buying SPFL rights and they're only getting 10 million over 6 years? I know Scottish football is beyond shite, but it surely can't be that worthless? 

You can only assume it's too get the product out there in hope it's well received and earths a better deal. 

However unlikey that is.

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

Just wait until we're back in the top flight and the top flight clubs break away again.  Guarantee it happens.

BOOM

Someone else gets it, currently we've got "the best ever" TV deal but its split between 42 rather than 12 so its nowhere near as good for the top clubs.

Give it three years and we'll break away again to keep the cash amongst the top, the way the SPFL voting is structured too the wee diddy clubs will be helpless to stop it

5 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

102 countries buying SPFL rights and they're only getting 10 million over 6 years? I know Scottish football is beyond shite, but it surely can't be that worthless? 

You can only assume it's too get the product out there in hope it's well received and eans a better deal. 

However unlikey that is.

6 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

the article itself doesn't say 140k per club per year, for all we know it would be 6 million to RFC and cfc - point: unless you somehow know how much it would get our club then don't try slate it the deal is clearly improved since the last one

we probably don't get more than 50k tv money annually right now even though we're the highest viewed club in SPFL

The deal will subconsciously gain us more in other deals we enter such as kits due to improved live broadcasting reach to 102 countries per live match

The money is put into the same pool that prize money is taken from. It's awarded based on finishing place in the league.

The deal isn't an improvement on the last one. More countries, same cash. Clubs actually lose out from this.

2 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

To say this deal is a disgrace, without having seen the above^ is quite foolish and a bit quick to jump the gun, but hey ho. Oh wait they haven't seen the breakdown of this deal either which is "improved"

You can't polish a turd.

Tell you what, ask your classroom monitor to also Google the EPL deal. The 5 BILLION pound one. And compare that with ours. A professional package versus an embarrassment. 

The EPL is growing due to the TV revenues. Is the Scottish game? No but our game is now nearly as valuable (over 6 years) as the guy the bheggars just brought on loan from Man City. Who's that? A nobody just like our game.

We'd be better doing away with it all and letting every club do their own TV deals. We would certainly benefit over the next 6 years. 

You do get that Anthony, dontcha? 

7 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Grim?  it's improved since the current deal, I take it yous didn't know anything about the current deal ...................

The article itself doesn't tell you the real breakdown, obvisouly the bottom 3rd div club don't get as much as the Prem winners

If you knew the details and cost breakdown of the current deal (which we barely receive anything off even though we're the most watched SPFL club), then you would maybe be qualified to comment on this one

Were you at the game last night son? 

If not don't comment on any football matters as you're not qualified.

Hopefully, before you type and tell me not to be so stupid as we're on a forum, the penny will drop.

Edit.

Strange you repeatedly like my responses to you then typically retaliate.

Hey ho.

7 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

the article itself doesn't say 140k per club per year, for all we know it would be 6 million to RFC and cfc - point: unless you somehow know how much it would get our club then don't try slate it the deal is clearly improved since the last one

we probably don't get more than 50k tv money annually right now even though we're the highest viewed club in SPFL

The deal will subconsciously gain us more in other deals we enter such as kits due to improved live broadcasting reach to 102 countries per live match

You don't have to read any further than 10mil over 6 years FFS!

These cunts are having a laugh and the biggest clown in Dungcaster in fucking accepting it!