Racism

Blumhoilann

Probably not correct to post this in the Bears den but considering the accusations levelled at RFC over the years,I thought,Why not???

Hertz fans are accused of racially abusing Killie striker Josh Maginness during yesterdays game.

Reported on BhBC Scotland,

Hertz response to the claim is 'Hearts are aware of the claim but believe the chants had nothing to do with his race but rather were related to his nationality'.

Is 'race' not nationality'?

Maginness is Northern Irish in footballing terms anyway,so what's their problem?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Probably not correct to post this in the Bears den but considering the accusations levelled at RFC over the years,I thought,Why not???

Hertz fans are accused of racially abusing Killie striker Josh Maginness during yesterdays game.

Hertz response to the claim is 'Hearts are aware of the claim but believe the chants had nothing to do with his race but rather were related to his nationality'.

Maginness is Northern Irish in footballing terms anyway,so what's their problem?

Seen this.

Racism but not related to his colour.

Go to bed sky sports.

4 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Good to see them stating that they do not believe that the Irish are a race. Pisses me off when I hear about anti-Irish 'racism'.

This is all out of control now in Scotland. What the fuck is our country turning into. Its the BhBC trying again to promote a life for Scots based on what the fuckin SNP want. If its not racism its islamaphobia or religious sectarianism. 

3 minutes ago, Cameltoe said:

This is all out of control now in Scotland. What the fuck is our country turning into. Its the BhBC trying again to promote a life for Scots based on what the fuckin SNP want. If its not racism its islamaphobia or religious sectarianism. 

but nothing about institutionalised sectarianism in their roman schools where radicalisation is a daily occurrence.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

but nothing about institutionalised sectarianism in their roman schools where radicalisation is a daily occurrence.

A know. And this is where the next generation of SNP politicians are being honed for office. Its a disgrace

36 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Modern definitions of racism generally include race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin. Hearts,as an employer with written T&Cs for employees, disciplinary guidelines and anti-discrimination policies, will know this. If this is what they have said then it is blatantly dishonest.

Of course, in the SNP's Scotland racism only allies to Irish Catholics.

This is just a rumour, but I've read that the racist insult which was said to Magennis which was apparently that he was called "an irish carrot" apparently

It's obviously not nice to be called that but it all seems a bit political correctness gone overboard to me, I have Irish family (some of my family), if I called them that insult I'm not sure if they would take offence or else laugh

To be honest if people complain about that at football matches, then there could possibly be a complaint at every game, would we start complaining every time an opposition fan says or sings the h word as that is defined as sectarian apparently - it opens up a whole can of worms but if that's what the SFA want to do then they need to monitor every bit consistently

Show racism the red card.

9 minutes ago, WishartsAshes said:

Modern definitions of racism generally include race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin. Hearts,as an employer with written T&Cs for employees, disciplinary guidelines and anti-discrimination policies, will know this. If this is what they have said then it is blatantly dishonest.

Of course, in the SNP's Scotland racism only allies to Irish Catholics.

Yip.

Even if that wasn't the modern definition legally, racist and national discrimination are pretty much cut from the same cloth.

Weird statement from Hearts. It should have set them up for alot of criticism from the media... 

59 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Xenophobia is dislike of someone based on their nationality,  it's slightly different from racism but still perpetrated by cunts. 

I note BridgeIsBlue has found some pretty disturbing footage of Mark Walters at the Saville dome,  but I witnessed him get it at least as bad at Tynecastle. 

Yet Sturgeon has successfully  criminalised us for singing a song. The country is a joke. 

7 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

This is just a rumour, but I've read that the racist insult which was said to Magennis which was apparently that he was called "an irish carrot" apparently

It's obviously not nice to be called that but it all seems a bit political correctness gone overboard to me, I have Irish family (some of my family), if I called them that insult I'm not sure if they would take offence or else laugh

To be honest if people complain about that at football matches, then there could possibly be a complaint at every game, would we start complaining every time an opposition fan says or sings the h word as that is defined as sectarian apparently - it opens up a whole can of worms but if that's what the SFA want to do then they need to monitor every bit consistently

Show racism the red card.

Whether any particular person takes offence, saying that isn't much different to saying a 'black..whatever'. Football fans get unfairly treated by and large, but if you go for that kind of stuff you deserve what you get.

Whilst it's not the worst thing in the world, it's fairly shit, and something that should be frowned upon. It's quite right that we shouldn't accept that kind of abuse. Same as the English this or that certain people indulge in.

I'm just interested to see if it gets the same kind of reaction across the board as if it were Rangers fans in the dock... Lol. Aye, right.

I believe a lot of racist behaviour is a result of ignorance anyway, so no surprise your average racist usually gets it wrong. 

However:

"It's the maliciousness and hatred involved in racism that is wrong. Not the accuracy or pertinence of the facts of the intended racism." 

Unfortunately many interpret the second sentence of my statement in bold as being the more serious offence than the first sentence, often for vested/political reasons. 

18 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

The level of insult in being called a root vegetable largely depends on which vegetable. Graham Taylor was famously compared to a turnip,  and didn't appreciate it. Other more refined root veg like parsnip or radish might  have been received more favourably. 

It depends on the individual too. I suspect Kevin Kyle might have enjoyed the comparison,  as we all know that in reality the big striker was actually much much slower than a root veg. 

I know that various FA's are applying a zero tolerance attitude to this but I do think that players have got to grow a set. He's complained to the police ffs. At a time when they are already stretched to the limit I'm sure they could do without this kind of nonsense! 

26 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

The level of insult in being called a root vegetable largely depends on which vegetable. Graham Taylor was famously compared to a turnip,  and didn't appreciate it. Other more refined root veg like parsnip or radish might  have been received more favourably. 

It depends on the individual too. I suspect Kevin Kyle might have enjoyed the comparison,  as we all know that in reality the big striker was actually much much slower than a root veg. 

and I'm sure no one likes being called a cabbage ?

The football headlines read varoius interesting anecdotes from the weekend fixtures, meanwhile in a diddy backward country somewehre in the U.K a man hunt is underway, and for what? FFS, is this what we have come to? Apparently so! The beautiful game will be talked about in every workplace come Monday morning at work, but not in Scotland where the people will be obsessing about one incident.

Welcome to Scotland where freedom of speech is not the norm.