Racism

Blumhoilann

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all would be journalists studying...it would seem to get a job, simply stick St. in front of yer school on your cv and yer in!...quite like panaorama but there is no chance someone could go undercover in one of these so called (bigoted fuckwit nappy ripping bastard organisations) national papers..then expose the vile hatred they spew at us, would be fuckin awesome!

Rascists are generally ill educated fuckwitts.

My family are blue eyed and blonde haired. It's in our genes. Handsome fuckers so we are.

I'd go ballistic if one of my family members thought they were superior to any other race though.

It was the headline in the Sunday Post today. I was gonna post about it as a topic but then I couldnt be bothered. After all... it would just be similar to all those other headlines we see week in week out about Rangers players being called Dirty h** Bastards by rival fans, right? We've all seen them.... ...

POLICE have released a description of the man who is alleged to have directed racially aggravated abuse towards Kilmarnock footballer Josh Magennis.

The incident took place at 4.40pm on Saturday during the club's game against Hearts at Tynecastle Stadium in Edinburgh.

Magennis is understood to have made the allegation following his side's 1-0 defeat.

The 25-year-old is in his second season with the Ayrshire club and the striker is also a Northern Ireland international.

The man responsible is believed to have been seated in lower section E of the Wheatfield Stand.

He is described as being white, with a stocky build, aged in his mid 40s, with dark hair that is receding on top.

He was wearing dark glasses and a dark jacket that possibly had red lining.

Pc Gavin Stupart said: "Racial abuse is absolutely unacceptable, in any circumstances.

"The behaviour of the majority of fans at Tynecastle on Saturday was excellent and I want to thank both clubs for their co-operation.

"We're conducting various inquiries in an effort to trace the perpetrator and I'd ask any witnesses to this abuse, or anyone who recognises the description of the suspect, to come forward."

Hearts said in a statement on Saturday: "The club can confirm that following this afternoon's game, a complaint was made to Police Scotland by a Kilmarnock player.

"The Kilmarnock player alleges that an abusive comment was made relating to his nationality by an individual seated within the home end at Tynecastle.

"The alleged abusive remark related to the player being Irish. The player is from Northern Ireland. To clarify, this allegation does not involve the player's colour, religion or sexuality.

"Senior figures from both clubs were present when the player made the complaint and discussed the matter fully thereafter.

"Heart of Midlothian FC has a number of players of different nationality playing in the current squad and is very proud of the international make-up of our team.

"We will fully support any police investigation into reports of abuse such as the one which has been reported today."

17 hours ago, sandyboyblue said:

The football headlines read varoius interesting anecdotes from the weekend fixtures, meanwhile in a diddy backward country somewehre in the U.K a man hunt is underway, and for what? FFS, is this what we have come to? Apparently so! The beautiful game will be talked about in every workplace come Monday morning at work, but not in Scotland where the people will be obsessing about one incident.

Welcome to Scotland where freedom of speech is not the norm. 

FFS don't talk about fitba in the workplace. A taig may overhear and take offence. Loss of job and jail awaits.

23 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

This is just a rumour, but I've read that the racist insult which was said to Magennis which was apparently that he was called "an irish carrot" apparently

It's obviously not nice to be called that but it all seems a bit political correctness gone overboard to me, I have Irish family (some of my family), if I called them that insult I'm not sure if they would take offence or else laugh

To be honest if people complain about that at football matches, then there could possibly be a complaint at every game, would we start complaining every time an opposition fan says or sings the h word as that is defined as sectarian apparently - it opens up a whole can of worms but if that's what the SFA want to do then they need to monitor every bit consistently

Show racism the red card.

That's funny, carrot is what replaces the word 'cunt' on kerryfail

23 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

I note BridgeIsBlue has found some pretty disturbing footage of Mark Walters at the Saville dome,  but I witnessed him get it at least as bad at Tynecastle. 

Need to make sure our own house is in order first. Only a couple of years before Mark Walters arrived, I vividly recall singing "I'd rather be a darkie than a tim" along with all the rest of the Enclosure. Cringeworthy now, and not something I am proud to admit. Walter Smith said something very similar a while ago about how he sang all the same songs himself as a kid and wasn't proud of it either

If he was called black this or that then that's not on but an irish carrot WTF are we turning into here ??....amazing how being called white boy is acceptable but they have to be called Asian or afro caribean etc....we can't say fenian but h** is acceptable within all grounds and in.society

Surely if they want equality then we should all be treated the same ..they should start praticing what they bleat .

21 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Need to make sure our own house is in order first. Only a couple of years before Mark Walters arrived, I vividly recall singing "I'd rather be a darkie than a tim" along with all the rest of the Enclosure. Cringeworthy now, and not something I am proud to admit. Walter Smith said something very similar a while ago about how he sang all the same songs himself as a kid and wasn't proud of it either

So we need to get our own house in order but your only example is a song that was being sung over 30 years ago?

I struggle to really care about shit like racism to be perfectly honest. I don't have the right to judge people, and I probably use what would be classed as offensive explicitives, but don't use them with any intent to hurt or demean anyone. 

Couldn't really give a fuck what colour cunts are if your sound your sound. If your a prick you will be treated with the courtesy deserving.

44 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

It isn't about getting "our own house in order first" - the issue of racism is not a footballing matter. Of course, clubs must do what they can to prevent it from happening due to their societal obligations, however it's an issue outwith football. Scotland is a pretty racist place. There are areas where it's worse than others but overall, it's the responsibility of every responsible citizen to take action against this sort of thing. 

Blaming football clubs for any of this shit is a stupid approach to take unless the club is systematically participating in it. 

On 28/02/2016 at 1:15 PM, Inigo said:

Yip.

Even if that wasn't the modern definition legally, racist and national discrimination are pretty much cut from the same cloth.

Weird statement from Hearts. It should have set them up for alot of criticism from the media... 

There is still a difference. 

You can change your nationality. 

Just as you can change your religion.

You can't change your skin colour, although many Scots try to, ironically, by making themselves orange as possible, often while being critical of others they describe as "orange b******s".

Strange country, Scotland.

55 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

:lol:

Fuck up.

Read an article where it said he got called an Irish p***k.

Josh Magennis get a fucking life. Imagine getting the police involved over that, absolutely embarrassing from the player imo.

Looks like the police and the politically correct brigade are clamouring to make an example of the guy who said it.