Ibrox Stadium Redevelopment

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply tidy and repaint the old lady to a good standard, any talk of new build generic stadia should have Mr Leitch spinning in his grave.  Tradition should be maintained, be it the Rangers way of dignity and pride or the classic architecture of our great stadium; lest we become just another football club.

3 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

She is still as awe inspiring as ever.

I pass her on the way to and from work every day.

Always makes me smile.

Used to drive by it and supply equipment into it all the time, used to supply into most of the SPL stadiums, nothing touches Ibrox. I've been out of the U.K. For 12 years only returning for my mothers funeral. no home game that week unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

She is still as awe inspiring as ever.

I pass her on the way to and from work every day.

Always makes me smile.

You lucky, lucky bastard!

On those cold winter days, when you don't want to get out of bed, never mind go to work, the thought of viewing Ibrox would surely get the laziest Bear out of bed in the morning.

9 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not a tradtionalist I'm afraid. A brand new 65k seater stadium. Whilst ours is quality it's had it's day and must cost a fortune in it's upkeep.

We are entering a new era and big things lie ahead for us. If we want to be at the top table we need to think and act big. Time to lead the way and shed the constraints of what we know and feel safe with. I await the oligarch but won't hold my breath.

Stick to the politics and taig hating, mate. The redevelopment of Ibrox clearly isn't your forte.

10 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

See the point of filling in between the main stand /copland,broomloan would that not actually reduce the stadiums rating with uefa as emergency vehicles cant then get access too pitch side 

Have you seen what it looks like at that corner? It's not possible anyway. Not without demolishing the Main Stand and rebuilding it.

20 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Have you seen what it looks like at that corner? It's not possible anyway. Not without demolishing the Main Stand and rebuilding it.

Yeah i think it was yourself that said before in a similar thread about the different stand heights etc , i wouldnt change anything tbh and the tidy up work im sure will be done in due course which imo is all thats needed , was just making the point for ppl who would like too see it done

My idea of a total redevelopment (retaining the main stand of course) would be to turn the stadium round 90 degrees so there was room to have huge stands along the sides of the pitch. Make seating for 70,000 and lots of built in eateries and shopping facilities like a mall under 3 sides of the ground so it became a 7 days a week experience. Wouldn't you prefer to go to Ibrox than Braehead for the day?

Filling the corners would create a great atmosphere.

I have a vision of linking the main either side, to Copland and Broomloan. Both built to allow access underneath for vehicles.

If we ever did upgrade I would also want the away fans put away into the gods somewhere.

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not a tradtionalist I'm afraid. A brand new 65k seater stadium. Whilst ours is quality it's had it's day and must cost a fortune in it's upkeep.

We are entering a new era and big things lie ahead for us. If we want to be at the top table we need to think and act big. Time to lead the way and shed the constraints of what we know and feel safe with. I await the oligarch but won't hold my breath.

When Ibrox was redeveloped after the Ibrox Disaster it was done on the basis of higher construction cost low maintenance cost. Unlike the San Giro which is the opposite.

Far to many cunts on here are heavily influenced by their taig pals, it seems. I can't believe some of the shite on this thread. 

Wouldn't do a single thing to Ibrox except a standard paint job. Most teams in the world would kill for a stadium like Ibrox. UEFA 5 star Elite stadium, stunning as fuck and an atmosphere that sends the fear of god to those who visit. 

Safe standing

And improve the area around the ground,folk should want to spend a few hours about the stadium before and after games but theres nothing to do so folk just get there as late as possible then get out as quick as they can. Some pubs and restaurants or something near the ground would be good