Niko Kranjcar

3 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

I really hope Hodson turns out a cracking player because Tav at the back is a big NO. 

MK Dons fans saying he was a brilliant defender and couldn't understand why he never got the game time he deserved, so we may have a gem. 

Hopefully Hill can tighten up the backline along with whoever the new CB is we're going to be bringing in. 

Fair point. But we then lose all of Tav's goals and forward runs if we drop him. His link up play is brilliant too, A cracking player and his goal yesterday was simply sublime! Yeah, just a pity he is not a bit stronger and more savvy defensively though.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

I really hope Hodson turns out a cracking player because Tav at the back is a big NO. 

MK Dons fans saying he was a brilliant defender and couldn't understand why he never got the game time he deserved, so we may have a gem. 

Hopefully Hill can tighten up the backline along with whoever the new CB is we're going to be bringing in. 

Tavernier is so crucial to our attacking play. I think we'd have drawn or Lost several games last season without him. It will probably be the same this season. We need 2 central defenders. Rossiter and Barton will provide extra defensive cover. 

4 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Fair point. But we then lose all of Tav's goals and forward runs if we drop him. His link up play is brilliant too, A cracking player and his goal yesterday was simply sublime! Yeah, just a pity he is not a bit stronger and more savvy defensively though.

Id like to see him get some time at RW.

Hes no gareth bale but bale started as a lb and look at him now

1 minute ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

@Truth_is_out_there @WilliamMunny, yes I agree but what I'm meaning is he should likely be played RM. If we play him at the back then yes he offers us a good attack, but it also weakens our defence. If Hodson is good then him in defence with Tav on the wing or something would be ideal. 

I see what you mean. Might be worth tryIng at some point :541:

8 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

@Truth_is_out_there @WilliamMunny, yes I agree but what I'm meaning is he should likely be played RM. If we play him at the back then yes he offers us a good attack, but it also weakens our defence. If Hodson is good then him in defence with Tav on the wing or something would be ideal. 

Yeah, I know where you're coming from, but I'm just scratching my head how Warburton would fit him in? We now have a plethora of midfielders who can play right attacking midfield: O'Halloran, Forrester and Windass. Possibly Dodoo too, if he signs. Best midfield in the country, by far! :) 

1 minute ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Yeah, I know where you're coming from, but I'm just scratching my head how Warburton would fit him in? We now have a plethora of midfielders who can play right attacking midfield: O'Halloran, Forrester and Windass. Possibly Dodoo too, if he signs. Best midfield in the country, by far! :) 

Exactly mate I made a post earlier about how strong our bench will be this season. We've got so much quality in the midfield to bring players on who will change the game and give the team an injection of energy. 

I obviously don't know MW plans but I think our midfield will be pretty much a rotation since we have great options. 

Even if Tav comes on as a 60min sub he'll have a massive impact on the wing. 

8 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Exactly mate I made a post earlier about how strong our bench will be this season. We've got so much quality in the midfield to bring players on who will change the game and give the team an injection of energy. 

I obviously don't know MW plans but I think our midfield will be pretty much a rotation since we have great options. 

Even if Tav comes on as a 60min sub he'll have a massive impact on the wing. 

Spot on! And the good thing about this season is that we have actually now got the players who can unlock packed defences (which will be the norm at home), Niko, Forrester, Dodoo etc...and if teams have a real go at us, we can then hit them on the break with the frightening pace of O'Halloran, Windass or Mackay. Brilliant! :) 

1 minute ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Spot on! And the good thing about this season is that we have actually now got the players who can unlock packed defences (which will be the norm at home), Niko, Forrester, Dodoo etc...and if teams have a real go at us, we can then hit them on the break with the frightening pace of O'Halloran, Windass or Mackay. Brilliant! :) 

Yes we can already see how important Kranjcar in particular will be when playing against 'park the bus' teams. Last season when we brought on Zelalem he wouldn't play the ball forward, only to the side. Kranjcars vision, awareness and accuracy means he'll pick out the perfect pass even when teams play for the draw. 

And you're right mate, I think any team who tries to play attacking against us will be severely punished on the break lol. The quality we'll be able to bring on as players for both teams get tired is brilliant.

19 hours ago, Jcc054 said:

Anybody with 1000 posts thinks their god to this site

the guy whi said he'll wait & see about kranc is a tosser, as are many on here

fucking think they sit with their knitting needles running Rangers down.

im a real Rangers man ok, and proud of it

thick and thin, sorry for good guys on here but its full of know it all wankers

WATP ??????

Handful of posts and abusing regular posters. Only 1 wanker here.