****Your official Rangers v The Accies thread ****

AlCapone

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I don't think it matters if teams know how we will play if we play much better than we did today.

When we were on our game last season it didn't matter that the other team knew what we were going to do, we were unplayable at times.

The work starts now for Warburton and Weir to get the players to realise what is required of the players but we do need to see the 2 key positions sorted out (especially if Waggy is out for a while)

It does matter if teams know how to nullify your biggest threats and exploit your weaknesses before a ball is kicked.

Just now, Calum72 said:

Terrible today, tip tappy passing gets you nowhere, On tuesday I would play Kranjcar for the 90 and hope he gets fitness up, and get holty on for a bit

I don't think Holt is the answer, go's missing, hardly touched the ball last couple of games he started last season

Hopefully he can up his game the way Halliday has

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Barton Halliday and Krancjar can't all play in the same midfield they are slow beyond belief. 

After today I would play a midfield of Windass/Forrester Rossitor and Barton. Looked a lot better when Rossitor and Barton were playing alongside eachother, he really does look a quality player

Just now, Rangers Lady said:

I don't think Holt is the answer, go's missing, hardly touched the ball last couple of games he started last season

Hopefully he can up his game the way Halliday has

True, Windass is a massive miss, he needs to find fitness ASAP

3 minutes ago, Calum72 said:

Terrible today, tip tappy passing gets you nowhere, On tuesday I would play Kranjcar for the 90 and hope he gets fitness up, and get holty on for a bit

Honestly I think what you see with Krancjar is what you get I don't think he has any more pace to find. 

2 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

How we took them apart in the semi final was just one game. 11 v 11. It was our day and what a fucking day it was!

Today is just a continuation of every game after that. No heart, no fight and most of all, no plan B. How are we supposed to make teams rethink their plan, if they know ours will never change? We're making it easy for them by being predictable and ever increasingly boring. We need to be making the opposition  second guess us and it just isn't happening. I can't see it happening either. It's a case of let's go out there and hope we win. I can't buy into that shite tbh!

I think more direct running, shooting from outside the box and dinks over the back line are ways you can mix it up without saying fuck all the planning and the signings we've made to fit with this system.

Out of curiosity what would people have as plan B? Long ball?

1 minute ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

After today I would play a midfield of Windass/Forrester Rossitor and Barton. Looked a lot better when Rossitor and Barton were playing alongside eachother, he really does look a quality player

We need some drive in the middle so take your pick from any of Windass Holt Forrester 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly I think what you see with Krancjar is what you get I don't think he has any more pace to find. 

He's not even 70% match fit is what I mean, I know he dosen't have pace but thats not what we bought him for

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

We need some drive in the middle so take your pick from any of Windass Holt Forrester 

Surely Harry deserves a start, looks to be picking up from where he left before his injury

He should have hit the winner today too, just a small positive from today's game I suppose

Looking forward to Windass, I honestly think had we had more pace, Hamilton would have crumbled

1 minute ago, Rangers Lady said:

We missed a big chance to make a statement today, you can bet every last one of them were watching

They will get a lift from that performance 

They'll be laughing their fuckin heads off, if it was them I know I would......still maybe hertz can cause an embarrassment 

2 hours ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

And here's me been predicting all week that Hill, Barton, Krancjar and Miller wont all be starting together too often.

Quoting myself from earlier before the K.O. We shouldn't be starting with the older guys, they are ripe for substitution and give us very little margin for error when it comes to subbing injured players.

1 minute ago, yermaw145 said:

Barton and Kranjcar should be kept as far away from each other as possible, with the latter maybe going off to shed a few pounds first

I think Kranjcar is the type of player who picks out the pass and today we needed players with drive, determination and a bit of dig about them that's why forrester made such an impact. I'm quite frustrated that we didn't see those changes for start of second half rather than at 60.

4 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

Going for 55 ?

I have seen 55 year olds with better pace than that midfield . Shocking .:disappointment:

Not all the midfield needs to be quick if you're slower players can pick out a pass then that'll allow the quick players to make runs out wide and be able to receive 40-50 yard passes.

The trouble was both Barton and Kranjcar didn't work so let's see if Warburton can learn from this.

EDIT: I actually thought before today's game that Barton and Kranjcar would be great in the same XI but after this game as things stand just now with fitness levels it will not work.