****Your official Rangers v The Accies thread ****

AlCapone

16 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

What to fuck is that all about, I thought it was just folk taking the piss when I have read it in the past, but my seat now is in SE4 and I could not believe the number of times Tav did not pass to him when MOH was the best option. :unsure:

Yeah it was actually really annoying. Both Tav and Forrester were guilty of it, hasn't been the first time Tav has done that and probably wont be the last. There was also a chance for Forrester to place a pass for MOH to drill it across goal but he elected to shoot, where the pass would have been the easy option and probably the best decision.

Just back in and was pretty dissapointed with that showing,

The midfield 3 that started doesnt work its too slow 

We badly need another striker in

The defense were better i thought but we caused a lot of problems for ourselves with slack passes and playing daft passes back when it wasnt needed , the full team also need to realise just getting back goal side of the ball isnt defending you also need to go hunt the ball and put a foot in instead of standing off your man and trying to cover the pass or force them out wide

28 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Yeah it was actually really annoying. Both Tav and Forrester were guilty of it, hasn't been the first time Tav has done that and probably wont be the last. There was also a chance for Forrester to place a pass for MOH to drill it across goal but he elected to shoot, where the pass would have been the easy option and probably the best decision.

It was the first time I had noticed it so much with Tav and the Forrester one was really bad, but I think it was just a case of a bad decision at the time. 

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Must be great for opposition managers to see Miller's name on the team sheet.  He's not scored this season even in so-called easier League Cup games.   If, as it seems, we are to start off games with Miller as the lead striker then in this current form, and as a waning talent, it will be hard to see how we convert sufficient pressure into goals.   

There is only so long MW can pick Miller this season if it turns out game after game that his effectiveness as a striker has faded beyond recovery.  MW may think he is a great pro (and I'm not disagreeing with him on this) and he may (and does) laud is value to the team in the dressing room and at MP, and he may (and does) laud Miller's enthusiastic etc approach to training and fitness.    But the job of a striker is to score goals with a secondary job of assisting others to score.    Miller is failing on both counts this season so far.   He is already out of form.   There is surely only so long that this can be accepted by MW.  We don't need a McCoist type of loyalty to certain players brewing up this season.  If they can't or won't perform (in Miller's case score goals and create goals) then they should be out of the team pronto.  Sentiment or seniority should play no part in team selection. 

In fairness this was exactly the same argument last year and he ended up having an excellent season. More to come from Kenny this year and he will be an important member of the squad.

Credit to Hamilton, they defended well and made it hard for us to break them down. They scored the best goal they are going to score all season and there was nothing the keeper could do about it. We were pretty flat and one paced in the first half but improved in the 2nd. Unlucky not to get a winner our goal just came too late on to build from it. 

Barton was excellent IMO and is the kind of player we have missed - someone who can pick a pass and is not afraid to make a tackle. We need to sign a decent, confident, no nonsense centre back. We are so vulnerable at set pieces and teams will pick us off if we don't address this before the window shuts. I hope Holt gets a chance again, he's a cracking wee player and has bags of potential. O'Halloran and Forrester changed the game when they came on. I'd even stick MOH through the middle while Waghorn is injured, the guy has something about him and a couple of goals will do wonders for him. Forrester's assist was class and the highlight of the game for me.

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, FSM said:

I honestly can't remember the last time we scored directly from a corner.

Nicky Clark at Kilmarnock is the last I can think of.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, 7troop said:

Why do we have a supposed sold out attendance of 49,125 at a stadium with a 51,000 capacity?

I realise there is some segregation but nearly 2,000 seats for segregation against Hamilton? Ffs.

It could be because hamilton never sold out their allocation?

1 minute ago, 7troop said:

Why do we have a supposed sold out attendance of 49,125 at a stadium with a 51,000 capacity?

I realise there is some segregation but nearly 2,000 seats for segregation against Hamilton? Ffs.

Maybe 2000 is the number Hamilton give for their entire support, just in case they all wanted to turn up :D

Thoughts on today's game!

Drop Wallace back to left back, drop Hill.

MOH in front of Tavernier from the start.

Windass on for Kenny from the start

Straight swap Rossiter for Haliday, and Forrester for Kranjčar!

Seat back in the Main Stand, sat in Row AA in the Broomloan today, by the time I had climbed the stairs I was sweating like a rapist on remand!

Disappointing result, but its just great to be back at a jammed packed Ibrox.

There is a lot of panic merchants on here. Are they expecting Rangers to win every game?

Be prepared for the fact that we might not win this league. Even the great Rangers side of the past were not guaranteed the league every season!

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

There is a lot of panic merchants on here. Are they expecting Rangers to win every game?

Be prepared for the fact that we might not win this league. Even the great Rangers side of the past were not guaranteed the league every season!

We are Rangers, why shouldn't we expect to win every game?

31 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

We are Rangers, why shouldn't we expect to win every game?

There is a difference between expecting and demanding.  I don't expect we will win the league and a cup this season,  expecting assumes that it's a foregone conclusion.  I demand that the players conduct themselves in the manner befitting a Rangers player,  I demand that they perform to an exceptionally high standard and most of all I demand that,  when they step on to the field of play,  they put in no less than 100%. 

For the opening few minutes I saw that, then it slowly started to trickle away,  when Harry came on I saw in him what I demand from the rest of the team. 

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

There is a difference between expecting and demanding.  I don't expect we will win the league and a cup this season,  expecting assumes that it's a foregone conclusion.  I demand that the players conduct themselves in the manner befitting a Rangers player,  I demand that they perform to an exceptionally high standard and most of all I demand that,  when they step on to the field of play,  they put in no less than 100%. 

For the opening few minutes I saw that, then it slowly started to trickle away,  when Harry came on I saw in him what I demand from the rest of the team. 

I agree with that, maybe demand is a better way to put it, I'd love to see them all play with Forrester determination today we probably would have pumped them if they had. I also loved seeing Wes dig out Halliday for his poor marking that's the type of passion I want them all to show.

1 hour ago, Shuggy said:

Do i expect us to win every game? No.

Do i expect us to beat Hamilton at Ibrox. Every time.

Just amazing! Football is all about opinions and what I witnessed was utter shite.

We, with the second highest wage bill in Scottish football by a country mile, managed to scrape a draw against skint and lowly Accies at home. Fucking embarrassing.

Were Accies better prepared that us pre-season? If so, why and WTF is going on?! They certainly looked the fitter, sharper and the hungrier. We again had most of the possession as usual, but as usual little sense of urgency and didn't didn't do much with it. We had four shots on target.

We showed a bit more in the second half, because we had to, or we were toast. We, the Rangers should never have been in the position in the first place.

Barton is quality and will only get better as he gets fitter.

However, we have managed to conspire to have the three worst central defenders I have had the misfortune to witness. Two were playing today and ffs, please someone don't tell me that Wilson is decent. Like Kiernan, no brain, no pace and shit at either defending or attacking high balls and then there is Hill, at which I can only say, someone is having a giraffe. No doubt he will improve, into what I don't know, but will never make it here in a million.

As I've said before, we will never win the title with that central defence, all fucking three of them. No harm, but the stuff is just not there. We also do not have the best of keepers and with that in front of him it is really squealky bum time. Again, please don't tell me that Barton should be covering for them. They are not up to the job and we all know they aren't. Can we name better central defenders in this league? Yes we can, in just about every fucking team.

IMO MOH and Forrester are a stick on for starting every week. However, it appears MW is doing a Walter and playing favourites and putting less talented players before them.  He should have brought in two quality central defenders, as there is no time for sentiment in this business or any other, end of.

To try put a lightener on things, there is no way all those players will under perform like they did today that many time this season. Really think we should just put a black mark over it and we go again. Feelings will be tender obviously but fuck it, no surrender and lets go to Dundee and give them a doing like last season. At least the players and Warburton will know what it's about now in the premiership.

To be honest I half expected this result, why? Hamilton have signed only three players but retained ten of the players who played together last season. They knew each of their team mates next move or run, they knew exactely where to be to ensure they covered the right spaces. On top of that, all the hype just played straight into their hands, they were supposed underdogs about to be put to the slaughter on opening day, what more motivation did they need to put on a show?

What next? Absolutely no panic required, it's the first game of the season and no huge reason to be worrying. It is very clear we need to improve our defence and I am sure MW and DW will sort it out, there were some very good individual performances out there today and I'm sure with a bit more game time MW will ensure it is an improved team performance.