****Your official Rangers v The Accies thread ****

AlCapone

Wallace was very poor and barely got forward, Barton came onto a game second half, Kranjcar is too slow and offers very little, Halliday is like a player down when played further forward, McKay was good first half but did nothing second half, Miller cannot be a regular starter, defence still needs sorted, need a plan B, need a striker.

Just now, Billythebear77 said:

Barton was by a mile the best player on the park today!!...

Forrester for me, by a mile. Barton played better in the second half, was as bad as anyone in the first half. 

Tin hat on - but McKay was fucking awful today. I expected better from him today but he was the worst I've seen him 

1 minute ago, Albertz 78 said:

Ditch the 4-3-3 pish it's not going to work against better teams.

Some really amateur stuff today Warbs needs to get his act together and fast.

Yass. Draw one game and the formation we've played for over a year has to go! Warburton is under pressure!

This place :belm: 

2 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Right we need a striker and centreback desperately now. Better spend money on it as well!

If only we knew this earlier in the summer we could have sorted both out by now!!

Fuck plan A. It's shit and now it's found out, we won't have any plan at all. MW is going to go from hero to zero in one season. doom and gloom reaction maybe, but it's not like it is a reaction from just one game. Today was fucking poor (again) and that is the shite we're stuck with. What is it with our managers that can't (or refuse to) see what everyone else clearly sees? Fucking does my tits right in. 

Also, Barrie McKay maybe best winger in Scotland, yet always comes inside and was sometimes even in the holding midfield position at times. Need McKay and O'Halloran to just stay wide in my opinion. Miller needs to be dropped, not quick anymore so therefore doesn't offer a lot.

1 minute ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Fuck plan A. It's shit and now it's found out, we won't have any plan at all. MW is going to go from hero to zero in one season. doom and gloom reaction maybe, but it's not like it is a reaction from just one game. Today was fucking poor (again) and that is the shite we're stuck with. What is it with our managers that can't (or refuse to) see what everyone else clearly sees? Fucking does my tits right in. 

We need to be able to mix it, far too predictable

4 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Wallace was very poor and barely got forward, Barton came onto a game second half, Kranjcar is too slow and offers very little, Halliday is like a player down when played further forward, McKay was good first half but did nothing second half, Miller cannot be a regular starter, defence still needs sorted, need a plan B, need a striker.

Ffs we need a whole new team by the sounds of this bud?

Poor performance. If we're going to defend from the front then we can't have any passengers, and that's exactly what an unfit Kranjčar was. Unless he can massively improve his fitness levels then we've got a dud there. Not much can be said about Hill and Kiernan, they're simply not good enough. I do rate Wilson, but we need someone good alongside him. As always we were very predictable in our play and constantly vulnerable to counter attacks.

Suppose I should look for some positives though. I thought Barton looked very good, and Forrester gave us something totally different when he came on, shown by the goal. I think it's imperative that him and MOH start the next game though, Miller and Kranjčar both offered nothing today. Would start Dodoo and Rossiter as well.

This was an opportunity to set the bar for the season, and we failed miserably. On to the next game now, hopefully will be a big improvement.

2 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

MoH should have been on from the start and Waggy in the middle, Nico offers nothing so far and shouldn't have started either, Forrester should have

2 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

I believe he picked the wrong starting XI today and we are missing a good centre back and a centre forward but I don't believe dropping the 4-3-3 is the way to do it.....look at how we took apart them in semi final last year.

There's potential in the team and the way we play but we need the two missing pieces and every man in the starting 11 needs to have much more urgency and drive. Was it missing today because its pre-season or a lack of understanding of what is required to be at the club?