****Your official Rangers v The Accies thread ****

AlCapone

Just home.  That first 20 minutes was lovely to watch, hit the post and a couple of penalty shouts - but we need to be more cynical to win matches.  How many bookings did they get 5 ? And Barry had the shirt ripped off him, we let ourselves get bullied.  Agree with previous that our defence needs bolstering.

Harry Forrester though - what a gem!  ??

5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Surely Harry deserves a start, looks to be picking up from where he left before his injury

He should have hit the winner today too, just a small positive from today's game I suppose

Looking forward to Windass, I honestly think had we had more pace, Hamilton would have crumbled

Barton Rossiter and Forrester for me on Tuesday with Moh Dodoo McKay up front. 

The problem wasn't Barton and Krancjar playing together it was the other players around them. 

Granted Barton was pretty poor but he gave us a bit of dig in the middle for a change. He isn't meant to be spectacular and done what he was asked, broke up the play.

Mckay, Wallace and Miller were shocking. 

Halliday played well as did Hill, bar a few poor passes. Kiernan was ok and so was Tav. As usual Waghorn needs 4 chances to put one away. Gutted for the guy but we have windass, dodoo and forrester to fill in. 

I'm disappointed we didn't get the win, but it's a point at least. Accies are a typical Premiership opponent, well-organised, solid and stuffy, if unspectacular. I know it's the start of the season, but we need to be more dynamic in our passing and movement in midfield to break teams down. I'm hoping it's because we're finding our feet again, and that there will be an improvement over the course.

A goal, a draw, and a point. Let's kick on now.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Barton Rossiter and Forrester for me on Tuesday with Moh Dodoo McKay up front. 

Would definitely be an improvement but I worry that Barton and Rossiter will be too similar, Barton looks as though he will be indispensable this year, Windass to replace Rossiter when he is fit?

Front 3 must be that 

5 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

I would've taken a draw at half-time, but obviously disappointed we didn't get the win. Accies are a typical Premiership opponent, well-organised, solid and stuffy, if unspectacular. I know it's the start of the season, but we need to be more dynamic in our passing and movement in midfield to break teams down. I'm hoping it's because we're finding our feet again, and that there will be an improvement over the course.

You would take  a draw at home to Hamilton ? Is that how far our standards have fallen .

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Would definitely be an improvement but I worry that Barton and Rossiter will be too similar, Barton looks as though he will be indispensable this year, Windass to replace Rossiter when he is fit?

Front 3 must be that 

That would do as well, I just think Rossiter although similar to Joey would give us more drive. Holt would do a job as well in there. 

Miller is a passenger now, needs to be brought off the bench to nick a goal

anyone else notice we were playing with one ball ?

everytime the ball went out, we were waiting for the same ball coming back from the stands. We were giving them time to get back into shape instead of balls ready to go on from the ball boys

28 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

I'm disappointed we didn't get the win, but it's a point at least. Accies are a typical Premiership opponent, well-organised, solid and stuffy, if unspectacular. I know it's the start of the season, but we need to be more dynamic in our passing and movement in midfield to break teams down. I'm hoping it's because we're finding our feet again, and that there will be an improvement over the course.

A draw is same as a defeat for me .If 55 is to be achieved ,only this attitude will do 

Should have won that game, Forrester needs to start, MOH needs to get more games as he has the pace and the close control to hurt teams his final ball needs to improve. Barton will be a big player for us this season he won 40/60 tackles all day. 

Clint Hill looks done and struggled today,Kiernan nearly cost us in the second half. We need a pacy centre half to play next to Wilson.

Upfront a Striker is needed, with Waghorn injured and Miller needs to be a sub. Dodoo still quite young and untried.