****Your official Rangers v The Accies thread ****

AlCapone

6 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Yass. Draw one game and the formation we've played for over a year has to go! Warburton is under pressure!

This place :belm: 

It's not one game in isolation this has been going on since the end of last season.

The same problems are not being addressed time and time again.

Opposition managers know how Rangers will play before a ball is kicked it's too predictable now.

1 minute ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Well at least that's the reality check we needed, hopefully that will push the boat for Warburton and the board to go out and bring in a quality striker/defender before the next game

Its like a revolving door how many times does it need to slap our faces before action is taken.

Just now, Albertz 78 said:

It's not one game in isolation this has been going since the end of last season.

The same problems are not being addressed time and time again.

Opposition managers know how Rangers will play before a ball is kicked it's too predictable now.

I don't think it matters if teams know how we will play if we play much better than we did today.

When we were on our game last season it didn't matter that the other team knew what we were going to do, we were unplayable at times.

The work starts now for Warburton and Weir to get the players to realise what is required of the players but we do need to see the 2 key positions sorted out (especially if Waggy is out for a while)

Personally I would have had the younger, fitter players start the season with an experienced head in there to direct them. The older players are not up to fitness standard yet and should attain that through the magical 60min substitution and through training.

Does that not make sense? We are hardly playing against tough opposition at the start of this season.

Sorry But Miller needs to move to a coaching role and only used if we are really struggling for bodies.  We also need to hit more from outside the box, play the ball earlier.

The possession is great but wee commit to many forward when we are just knocking the ball in front of the oppositions defence. Lets them break far to easily. 

I really want Striker that can bring others into the game and head a ball. Think it would work really well in the current system.

No easy games.   I think that was one of the sound bites from MW earlier this week.   Thing is - we all know that.  Nothing has changed for Rangers in that respect.   Knowing it is one thing.......the real trick to top class management is knowing what to do to deal with it and win.   Losing 2 points at home is not good enough for Rangers - no amount of statements about learning or about analysing the game or about being happy with the quality of the squad will cut muster here.

Yes there is a long way to go but everyone knows that we are entirely predictable in the approach to the game, very vulnerable to counter-attack and set pieces, don't defend well enough, a CF (Miller) that is well past his best and is not really a terror to defences and a lack of sufficient ability to convert chances into goals.  Result - a team more likely to draw than to win albeit having had a lot of possession.   

If MW cannot see that the team does not carry sufficient goal scoring threat and can play to deal with the pressures of performance that come from playing for Rangers then his judgement will be called into more question quicker than he may think.   I think the Support is super-hungry for 55.  Understandable given the shit we've had to put up with for the last 4 years.  Its not just a 'project'.  Its not just about learning.  Its not just about analysing games.  Its not just about making plan A work betters.  Its about winning and if that mentality is not strong enough and does not feed through into performances then this is going to be a uncomfortable season.   More uncomfortable for MW as he must realise that the hurt brought upon the Club over the last 4 years produces a need for quick success and drawing 1-1 at home against Hamilton is not success.    Far from it.  

If DK and the Board are serious about success and not just about selling STs on the bandwagon of last season then much more serious investment in key player positions - CB and CF - is urgently needed.  If however they are content to wait and see if MW's magic can be woven over the course of the season on the basis of the current squad ie see if success can be delivered as cheaply as possible without committing any of the fabled £30m then apart from MW having an interesting season, DK and the Board may come in for some seriously increased scrutiny as to their ambitions as the season progresses.  

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Load of pish, long balls and totally inept defence and midfield. Struggling to take any positive out of that today, looked like a Championship team today.

Long balls .You kidding ? That is what we need some of .Too many little ticky tac passing in our own 18 yard box more like

Just now, theiconicman said:

Down where buses park. Industrial estate. Wee fuckers need leathered. 

The bears have to keep an eye out for these little bastards .

The lowest of the low .Cowardly fucks . Any bear catches these bastards . Do not report him .Kick the utter crap out of him

1 minute ago, ex-guardsman said:

Its like a revolving door how many times does it need to slap our faces before action is taken.

Yeah in all honesty this should have been sorted waaaay before now, the places we need the most quality i.e strikers/defenders. That should have been sorted much quicker than the midfield. We now have lost our top goalscorer, which could come back to bite us in the ass if we don't get a quality one in soon.

I think it's easy to pick 3 or 4 players who just clearly weren't sharp enough, we played in the same gear as we did in preseason and the latter half of last season.

Obviously disappointing but it means that doesn't we need to get O.T.T. about what the result itself "means". 

Work obviously has to be done to get us up to speed, fitness, sharpness and personnel changes going into the next game. Kranjcar and Miller both look like they are weeks behind others and while game time is a remedy to that you could say equally that the alternatives to them should get to start in the next game while they get themselves up to speed with training and subs appearances. There's every possibility that both of them and Kranjcar, in particular, may just continue with not being 100% and will have to be cameos off the bench for this season. I think it's only fair though that we remember it's early days and a lot can happen in a short space of time in football.

Terrible to see Waghorn's situation unfold, if it's as bad as it looked we'll have to turn to the other players to step up and show why they are at the club.

Hill didn't look to me as though he was as out of his depth as he looked in preseason. O'Halloran and Forester did themselves credit today. Barton looks as though he will be that huge presence in midfield we simply haven't had for years i.e there are positives in the sea of shit that we're sailing through today.

Got to up it big time but there are plenty of reasons to know that shouldn't be beyond us. 

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Maybe if was Ally he'd have had a plan b though.

His plan a was pump the ball up to Daly. His plan b was cross his arms and look to clipboard who was just sitting doodling by himself.

Today was poor but let's not go too far!

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I believe he picked the wrong starting XI today and we are missing a good centre back and a centre forward but I don't believe dropping the 4-3-3 is the way to do it.....look at how we took apart them in semi final last year.

There's potential in the team and the way we play but we need the two missing pieces and every man in the starting 11 needs to have much more urgency and drive. Was it missing today because its pre-season or a lack of understanding of what is required to be at the club?

How we took them apart in the semi final was just one game. 11 v 11. It was our day and what a fucking day it was!

Today is just a continuation of every game after that. No heart, no fight and most of all, no plan B. How are we supposed to make teams rethink their plan, if they know ours will never change? We're making it easy for them by being predictable and ever increasingly boring. We need to be making the opposition  second guess us and it just isn't happening. I can't see it happening either. It's a case of let's go out there and hope we win. I can't buy into that shite tbh!

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Maybe if was Ally he'd have had a plan b though.

If Ally was in charge we'd have lost and been outplayed by Hamilton

If Ally was in charge we wouldn't be facing Hamilton today, we'd be staring at another season in the championship