Hats off to Kiernan today

RFCRobertson

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

There was a similar one that WAS a foul.

There was one though that he got lucky with the ref seeing something that wasn't there. 

The one I'm thinking of was on the touchline in front of the main stand second half.

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

So absolutely no positive comments to be made about the defense in any situation. :pipe: 

I thought he did ok after a shaky start, with a couple of particularly good blocks/tackles.

That miss will haunt him for a while, though....

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

So absolutely no positive comments to be made about the defense in any situation. :pipe: 

Yes mate .We were playing Accies who had 11 men behind the ball for 90% of the game .Kiernan is a good player in these situations pinging the passes from side to side ,driving into the space . 

fucking liability anytime he goes near the ball.I did think he was a player last year and thought he was better than Wilson. I don't know if the cup final has seriously effected him but at times the crowd get on his back and it can't be doing good for his confidence 

This thread is a good illustration into how the role of the CB is mainly a thankless task- he can play 95% of a game well, make one error, and have a poor game. The amount of times the ball came into our half of the field and Kiernan was there to intercept was amazing, he won every ball. He kept his shape well, kept the defensive line well, and yet had a poor game. Even the error he made shouldn't have led to a goal, the ball should have been dealt with after that mistake. Kiernan had a good game.

48 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

This thread is a good illustration into how the role of the CB is mainly a thankless task- he can play 95% of a game well, make one error, and have a poor game. The amount of times the ball came into our half of the field and Kiernan was there to intercept was amazing, he won every ball. He kept his shape well, kept the defensive line well, and yet had a poor game. Even the error he made shouldn't have led to a goal, the ball should have been dealt with after that mistake. Kiernan had a good game.

I really wish they had defensive stats for it. Like how many intercepts made and so on.

Because exactly like you said, a defenders entire game can be determined by 1 visible mistake. And they're only noticed when they do make mistakes. 

7 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Looked to have a good kick and looked solid today. Heck I'd go so far as to see worthy for MotM. 

He made maybe 3 very clear mistakes today that resulted in the opposition getting the ball, but everyone was guilty of that today. 

Also to his credit he had a fair share of chances, very nearly salvaged the game for us. But impressed with was shown by him today. I hope he continues this standard. 

Didn't do a lot wrong but then again did very little full stop. Wasn't the worst today by no means, Niko was a passenger, Miller didn't get involved much at all, wee Barrie looked promising first half but after taking a few sore ones done nothing much second half. O'Halloren looked lively once he came on and I'd I'd like to see him start on Tuesday with Dodoo through the middle 

5 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Didn't do a lot wrong but then again did very little full stop. Wasn't the worst today by no means, Niko was a passenger, Miller didn't get involved much at all, wee Barrie looked promising first half but after taking a few sore ones done nothing much second half. O'Halloren looked lively once he came on and I'd I'd like to see him start on Tuesday with Dodoo through the middle 

This season is one to far for Kenny , should never start any games. Should be kept as coach and possibly future manager.

2 minutes ago, Eck the bear said:

He was man of the match in my opinion, he's never going to get a fair shout no matter how well he plays.

Same with Tav, people are hellbent on making them out to be bad players. Tav could score a hat trick and clear 4 goals of the line and still be called shite cause he missed out on one tackle.