Preston Fan on Joe Garner

PNEFCFAN

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, PNEFCFAN said:

Preston's big rivals Burnley and Blackpool. This photo is of him away at Burnley, in front of their home end when we went 1-0 up

He is going to love playing Celtic

485659ab3a1f82a6e84fede8a2fb1c9b.jpg

That looks good but can he play the flute? 

Good post. It's very difficult to judge a player via clips on you tube etc, so it's very refreshing to read your views. A donkey can look amazing on there...He looks like he gets stuck in like a tiger, is comfortable to hit a shot with both feet, and brilliant in the air - that will do for me! :)

2 hours ago, PNEFCFAN said:

He will get sent off once or twice a season because he is very competitive, takes no shit

I seen he's the most carded player in the Championship last season.  Does he dive?  Does he have a temperament problem?  Why does this guy get booked so much?

Great post PNEFCFAN and all the best to Preston North End for the season ahead.

If you fancy comimg up for a game I am more than willing to provide you with a ticket for one of our home games FOC.

(Green and Grey Hoops game excluded unfortunately)!

Just PM me and let me know if you fancy coming up and I will sort you out with a ticket..

Before any of the wise guys get in I am a fully hetro blue nose;)

12 minutes ago, toad said:

Great post PNEFCFAN and all the best to Preston North End for the season ahead.

If you fancy comimg up for a game I am more than willing to provide you with a ticket for one of our home games FOC.

(Green and Grey Hoops game excluded unfortunately)!

Just PM me and let me know if you fancy coming up and I will sort you out with a ticket..

Before any of the wise guys get in I am a fully hetro blue nose;)

There are easier ways to pump guys mate though ?

Going by that video alone, certainly looks like he gets stuck in.

I hope it is typical and he can get himself 30 goals this season for us.

Trouble is, if he has a rep for being sent off, he'll be lucky to play many games up here.

Ask Andy 'Fist Pump' Haliday.

3 hours ago, PNEFCFAN said:

Hi Rangers,

I have been a Preston season ticket holder for 15 or so years and I am 26 so most of my life so I would like to think I have a good opinion when it comes to the club. I would like to give you all a bit of a run down on Joe Garner as it is with a heavy heart I have to admit it looks like he is on his way to you boys. Just looking through your forum I can see a combination of 'Give him a chance' and 'Too much money for a player who only score 6 goals last year'. I can tell you all now you have got an excellent player on your hands who you will fall in love with from day one. He gives his all for the shirt and he is the best player in the air I have ever seen at North End (and we have had Kevin Davies and Andy Carroll at our club) he looks small but he hangs in the air like Michael Jordan. The reason for the low goal tally last year was it was our first year back in the Championship so our plan was to be solid, playing Joey up front on his own for a lot of the time and if we went 1-0 up, defend! (and to be fair, he played almost every game for us last year and we finished 10th) In League 1 where we were favorites to finish towards the top of the league (as you are this year) he was unstoppable because we looked to attack and control games, bullied defenders, scored all kinds of goals and dragged us out of the shit many times taking games by the scruff of the neck (2-0 down at half time, he would come out and score at hat-trick). This sums him up, and why at Preston we love him....Play-off final at Wembley, winning 4-0 in the 80th or so minute and he sprints to close down thier centre half, puts him on his arse and wins a corner, turns to the Preston fans and screams COME ON with a fist pump. His passion almost brought me to tears. He is made for the old firm derby...his record against Celtic this season will be, 4 games, 4 goals, 3 yellow cards, 1 red card. 

I want him to stay but it looks like his mind is made up, and i can't blame him....I will be watching a lot of Rangers games this year to see how our Joey is doing. 

This is a fairly typical Joey performance

Enjoy

Good luck to your team this season and onwards.

Also thanks for giving us the team to give us your view on Garner.

Guy has a great record in his full 2 seasons in league 1 and clearly the change of style wasn't suited to his game.

Hopefully will flourish up here and will definitely get chances.

Cheers for taking the time to post this, @PNEFCFAN  - best of luck this season and fair play to your club and supporters for the grace you've shown over this. Depending on how much you follow scottish football you might be aware that it isnt something we're used too (tu)