Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Senderos!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Interesting Senderos says that him and MW have had talks before in the past. Might not have been as desperate as it is made out to be

He could have said he's been talking to him since last summer, with evidence to back it up and it would still be labelled PR bullshit.

17 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Why don't you think he's what we need?

Certainly question marks over number of games he's played but he's played at a far higher level than any of our existing centre backs and is not old.  

He's slow, I would doubt his fitness after his injury history, and you need to be fit and big boned in this shitey league with the knuckle draggers and their stupid tackles - I don't think it would take much for him to be injured again. He seems like a quiet lad, not an over-bearing loud mouth who would take command of his defense. He's prone to making stupid mistakes - we already make enough - and he's not in amo's league before anyone wants to bring him into the equation.

I think he's only a slightly better signing than Hill, I really do think we are clutching at straws now and all of them are short ones.

Will King come oot wae a big smile and his big long straw dangling aboot? NAW - we have Hill and Senderos.

I'll always support those on the field, but I'm pissed right off with this transfer window. We got too much of one good thing and didn't go near what we were crying out for.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

A welcome to Mr Senderos.   I hope this works for Rangers and for the player.   MW kept insisting that Senderos has an impressive CV.   He clearly puts a lot of store in this signing as the long 'come train with us' courtship seems to me to indicate.  

Well he's signed, the squad is complete for this season (barring any last minute transfers out or any incoming loan players but no indications of activity on either front as far as I can see).   Next question is how quickly and effectively can they gel and turn lacklustre (frankly, poor) performances and results into sustained winning runs.  More to the point, can MW and DW now get this squad to elevate their performance levels to the point where they can win 55 this season.   It's all over to MW now to get the squad sorted out and to get the best possible team on the pitch for each game.   Its a big season for MW too - his biggest by a mile.

I except that it's a big season for MW but as the weeks have past by I get the feeling his doing this job with one hand behind his back. 

You could say he's picked Senderos but he's 'picked' him within the clubs budget restraints. 

I've got a simple evaluation of any player rangers sign. I ask myself are you happy he's in defence when we go to the Stade de Gadd 

56 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He's slow, I would doubt his fitness after his injury history, and you need to be fit and big boned in this shitey league with the knuckle draggers and their stupid tackles - I don't think it would take much for him to be injured again. He seems like a quiet lad, not an over-bearing loud mouth who would take command of his defense. He's prone to making stupid mistakes - we already make enough - and he's not in amo's league before anyone wants to bring him into the equation.

I think he's only a slightly better signing than Hill, I really do think we are clutching at straws now and all of them are short ones.

Will King come oot wae a big smile and his big long straw dangling aboot? NAW - we have Hill and Senderos.

I'll always support those on the field, but I'm pissed right off with this transfer window. We got too much of one good thing and didn't go near what we were crying out for.

I simply don't think MW knows a defender  if he slapped him on his forehead 

I'd love to sit and say "Welcome to Rangers" but have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the wages being spent on the CH's chosen in this window to resolve our well known issues identified from last season.  Without any doubt in my mind, we will be found out in this department for the weak decision making by management here. Simply not good enough but I do hope I'm made to eat those words.

All the people not happy or saying uninspired.... this guy has played for Arsenal, AC Milan, Valencia, Fulham and Aston Villa.  Solid clubs who were all in their top divisons when he played for them.  He is a lot better than people are giving him credit for and I would expect him to to well in what is probably the worst football leauge he will have played for in his career.

Joining us is good for both parties.  Really execited to see how he get's on.

Lets just wait and see how he gets on eh?  I'm not overly impressed with the signin but wouldn't surprise me if we're talking about him after playing the taigs in a good light. On yersel big fella, hope ye play a blinder oan yer debut :uk:

11 minutes ago, kanjo said:

All the people not happy or saying uninspired.... this guy has played for Arsenal, AC Milan, Valencia, Fulham and Aston Villa.  Solid clubs who were all in their top divisons when he played for them.  He is a lot better than people are giving him credit for and I would expect him to to well in what is probably the worst football leauge he will have played for in his career.

Joining us is good for both parties.  Really execited to see how he get's on.

Means nothing 

that mug we had on trial in America had a CV like that and he's shite - shite players have good clubs on their cvs it happens 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Means nothing 

that mug we had on trial in America had a CV like that and he's shite - shite players have good clubs on their cvs it happens 

Onyewu played for one 'big club' in his entire career.  Sendero's has played for 3, with the others at a very good level too.  That isn't coincidence and I am confident we'll see that from him.  This could be similar to Weir as someone said before.

Just now, kanjo said:

Onyewu played for one 'big club' in his entire career.  Sendero's has played for 3, with the others at a very good level too.  That isn't coincidence and I am confident we'll see that from him.  This could be similar to Weir as someone said before.

Sporting Lisbon is bigger than Valencia IMO 

I'm not writing Senderos off I'm saying previous clubs doesn't matter - Kris Boyd played for us at the peak in CL and Middlesbrough in the EPL I think - would you take him back too? 

If Senderos is an improvement on they 3 idiots we have then he will automatically be a good signing - let's hope that's the case 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I'm not writing Senderos off I'm saying previous clubs doesn't matter - Kris Boyd played for us at the peak in CL and Middlesbrough in the EPL I think - would you take him back too? 

If Senderos is an improvement on they 3 idiots we have then he will automatically be a good signing - let's hope that's the case 

Boyd was never that good though.  He scored goals in a Rangers team full of players who were fast and could find a pass.  I'd say the best comparisson here is David Weir.  The similarities are frighteningly similar and the pedigree is almost the same, if not better in Senderos' favour given his international and mult-European experience.

I think he'll be an improvement.  I think we're all in agreement when I say we want him to be.  It isn't a hard country to do well in but let's see :)

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I don't remember too much about him tbh, have you seen much of him lately and if so what is your verdict on recent performances?

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I don't remember too much about him tbh, have you seen much of him lately and if so what is your verdict on recent performances?

I didn't like him at Arsenal thought he was shite and the fact he's done the rounds through different clubs and only played 200 games in past 10 years was it? According to the guys in the transfer section tells me he's not got any better 

I've been wrong before on players - I'm hoping I'm wrong agai but as I said he just needs to be an improvement on the rest that's all im asking from him