Miller time

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Interesting enough, but a complete lack of neutral commentators and the Lennon incident blown out of proportion in an episode that was actually devoted to financial mismanagement in Scottish clubs,.What has somebody sending bullets to Lennon go to do with club debt and TV money!?

Yes I found that curious too, totally out of context.  There's been other players that have been threatened and assaulted on the park...and others who have had bullets sent to them, painted walls, pavements.  Most of them didn't go out of their way to antagonise either.  And there's been plenty of Northern Irish catholics plied their trade in Scotland, with Celtic, without anyone batting an eyelid, so really not sure why that episode was singled out in particular (actually, I know why) or what at all it was doing in a programme about finance and debt.

Of all the clubs that have suffered financial distress (with the exception of Cosgrove's rant about Gretna), it was only Rangers that were cast as pantomime villains; every other club were "chasing dreams", fell into unscrupulous hands and fans saved the day...except Rangers.  Rangers were bad, the people that ran them were bad, the fans are bad, they deserved everything they got with hopefully more to come...at least that's what I took from it.

And the claims that Scottish football had a kind of renaissance in our absence!! REALLY!!  A one horse title race, stadiums empty, sponsorship deals dwindling, TV deals peanuts, virtually no european football and the national team going backwards.  Aye but Ross County and Inverness won a cup and St.Johnstone qualified for Europe...fuck me, blooming right enough! Embarrassing trying to sugar coat it but the problem is there's people who will actually believe it despite the evidence right in fron of them...because they won't admit losing Rangers out of the top division sucked the life out the game...

...which brings me to a point that should have been mentioned but wasn't because it would have shined a positive light on Rangers.   For four seasons Rangers were climbing the leagues, in the bottom two divisions in particular, our away support and the additional tv revenue generated allowed many of these clubs to clear debt and set them up for years to come, and also allowed many of them to improve facilities that had been severely degrading.  This was a perfect example of "spreading wealth in the game" and could have been portrayed in such a way that Rangers misfortune was to the direct benefit of a number of others.  A piece on that would have been much more in keeping with a programme on debt and finance in the Scottish game than an irrelevant puff piece on a toerag that gave it out and took a bit.

14 hours ago, kanjo said:

If the 'program' done anything... it was show me how incredible a football club we really are to have went through so much corruption, hatred and mismanagement and to still be the best football club in Scotland.

WTF we are not the best football club in Scotland we are the best and most successful football club in the world. WATP! 

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

Yes I found that curious too, totally out of context.  There's been other players that have been threatened and assaulted on the park...and others who have had bullets sent to them, painted walls, pavements.  Most of them didn't go out of their way to antagonise either.  And there's been plenty of Northern Irish catholics plied their trade in Scotland, with Celtic, without anyone batting an eyelid, so really not sure why that episode was singled out in particular (actually, I know why) or what at all it was doing in a programme about finance and debt.

Of all the clubs that have suffered financial distress (with the exception of Cosgrove's rant about Gretna), it was only Rangers that were cast as pantomime villains; every other club were "chasing dreams", fell into unscrupulous hands and fans saved the day...except Rangers.  Rangers were bad, the people that ran them were bad, the fans are bad, they deserved everything they got with hopefully more to come...at least that's what I took from it.

And the claims that Scottish football had a kind of renaissance in our absence!! REALLY!!  A one horse title race, stadiums empty, sponsorship deals dwindling, TV deals peanuts, virtually no european football and the national team going backwards.  Aye but Ross County and Inverness won a cup and St.Johnstone qualified for Europe...fuck me, blooming right enough! Embarrassing trying to sugar coat it but the problem is there's people who will actually believe it despite the evidence right in fron of them...because they won't admit losing Rangers out of the top division sucked the life out the game...

...which brings me to a point that should have been mentioned but wasn't because it would have shined a positive light on Rangers.   For four seasons Rangers were climbing the leagues, in the bottom two divisions in particular, our away support and the additional tv revenue generated allowed many of these clubs to clear debt and set them up for years to come, and also allowed many of them to improve facilities that had been severely degrading.  This was a perfect example of "spreading wealth in the game" and could have been portrayed in such a way that Rangers misfortune was to the direct benefit of a number of others.  A piece on that would have been much more in keeping with a programme on debt and finance in the Scottish game than an irrelevant puff piece on a toerag that gave it out and took a bit.

As I recall, their so-called link to violence began with the Old Firm match at Parkhead where Dallas got hit by a coin and was one of the early big live matches for the SPL. This incident was linked to TV insomuch as it allowed a bad reputation for Scottish football to be more easily transmitted around the world - but there is no link. I noted that with the coin incident, the Lennon bullets and the Lennon attack at Tynecastle, the BBC were careful not to state which supporters were responsible.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

The hatred shown towards our club by the supposed impartial media is unreal , they don't even try to hide it now . Coming from other clubs supporters it's laughable but I suppose understandable . To see recent history being rewritten before our eyes by the national broadcaster and go unchallenged by anyone outside our support is hard to take and kills off any notion of "building bridges" with those who would have celebrated  our troubles then and still wish us harm .

on a different subject with the bbc. on the morning after the transfer window ended they had a 49 page on their telext with all the transfers times etc but of course no mention of senderos

sky had it on the bottom of there page on sky sports news for ages

the bbc are just scum

21 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Loved the part that claimed the spl/top tier was booming in our absence!! Deluded does not come close!

Yip, tims were lucky if they were getting 25k most weeks. The fact they were not giving out attendance figures tells you everything.

17 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

See tht smelly dirty fucker Graeme Speirs i would love to toe that bastard right up the arse. Sorry a bit off topic but just thinking of Rangers haters and i fucking hate tht wee dirty scumy bastard. He makes a living out of spouting pish about Rangers. 

But surely he's a Rangers supporter? He always claims to be. He's not been lying about what team he supports has he? And him a minister's son.:matron:

6 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

But surely he's a Rangers supporter? He always claims to be. He's not been lying about what team he supports has he? And him a minister's son.:matron:

How the fuck that prick can sit in the enclosure and no Bear either smacks the cunt or make it really clear he's not welcome is beyond me. 

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How the fuck that prick can sit in the enclosure and no Bear either smacks the cunt or make it really clear he's not welcome is beyond me. 

Is it worth going to court for thumping a useless wee cunt that like that?

Just accidentally pour a cup of pish down his back.

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

Mate ive heard of plenty of people like this tosser guys who go oh i used to support Rangers but because of the bogotry from the fans i decided to stop supporting them and gave up my season ticket.  im sure one bastard wrote an article on it.

Theres also one tosser in my work who said he stopped supporting Rangers as we came out in support of the no vote. This guy hadnt even been to a game in his life. 

These cunts are just taigs loving bastards.

Here in the response that i got from the BBC:

Thank you for getting in touch about Scotland’s Game broadcast on 25 August 2016.

At no stage during episode one of Scotland’s Game does the commentary state that Maurice Johnston was the first Catholic to play for Rangers. The sequence is constructed using archive material and news reports from the time which made that point and Graeme Souness asserts that ‘it (the signing policy) was holding us back as a club.’

In terms of Mark Walters it was simply not possible to include every single story from the past 30 years and make the series thematic and coherent, although whether to include the Walters racism incidents was of course considered and discussed at great length. We also reject the notion that we sought to paint any particular club in a negative light.

Your comments have been fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document is made available to all our production teams and senior BBC management.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

12 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Sorry GrizzlyBear72. Don't need to watch that shite from bbc scotland to know that they are the enemy. These cunts appear everywhere with the same old shite and repeat the same old shite. They must wake up during the night in cold sweats with the thought we are still here after all the shite they tried. Horrible bunch of cunts and should be banned for ever from anything to do with Rangers. If I want anything on BBC1 or BBC2 I watch on sky 953 and 972 BBC NI. 

I'm hearing you Scotty, and plenty of good Bears agree...so do I, in the main. I just like to know what they're all about so I can wallow in my hatred for the fuckers. :p20: On a more serious note, there's better Bears than me that do good quality research on who's saying and doing what when it comes to those who would do us down, collate that information, and use it to our advantage when the time's right. The only way they can do that to good effect is to have their finger on the pulse and observe and log the bile these rhats spew!