Waste of £1.8million..

I'm not singling Joe Garner out here, who managed to score with his only touch of the ball, but surely anyone can see that you can get a decent international class centre half for that money. Yet Warbuton spends it on a 3rd division English striker??

Today isn't the first time we have been destroyed by the Tim's - it happened twice to Advocaat - but in both cases those results were shocks. The worst thing about today was that we were all half expecting it. It has been coming, and although Celtic have spent about 10 million this summer the fact is we haven't got value for the 5 million or so we have spent. Because when you insist on only buying players from England it doesn't go far.

And the blame has to fall on the manager. Any one could see we needed a centre half, yet he has signed a couple of has beens to cover for Wilson and Kiernan if they got injured. He has also changed the midfield, bringing in another 2 has beens AND dropping Halliday & Holt - who dominated Celtics midfield last season. But the worst of all was today. Going with one centre half, who's on a booking, when you've used 3 subs already is completely unforgivable. He doesn't care how much Celtic beat us by - it's only a game to him.

He wasn't kidding there is no plan B - you don't need one at Brentford where the fans would have been happy with not getting relegated back to their usual spot in division 4. It is the mark of a good manager to change your tactics. It is the mark of a poor manager to refuse to address them. And lets not let Frank McParland off the hook either, since he came in last autumn has he signed one good player?

The grim reality is we are going to spend the rest of the season scrapping to finish in the top 4, which is not exactly what they promised when season tickets were up for renewal. But it's not all Dave Kings fault..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, 908 said:

I'm not singling Joe Garner out here, who managed to score with his only touch of the ball, but surely anyone can see that you can get a decent international class centre half for that money. Yet Warbuton spends it on a 3rd division English striker??

Today isn't the first time we have been destroyed by the Tim's - it happened twice to Advocaat - but in both cases those results were shocks. The worst thing about today was that we were all half expecting it. It has been coming, and although Celtic have spent about 10 million this summer the fact is we haven't got value for the 5 million or so we have spent. Because when you insist on only buying players from England it doesn't go far.

And the blame has to fall on the manager. Any one could see we needed a centre half, yet he has signed a couple of has beens to cover for Wilson and Kiernan if they got injured. He has also changed the midfield, bringing in another 2 has beens AND dropping Halliday & Holt - who dominated Celtics midfield last season. But the worst of all was today. Going with one centre half, who's on a booking, when you've used 3 subs already is completely unforgivable. He doesn't care how much Celtic beat us by - it's only a game to him.

He wasn't kidding there is no plan B - you don't need one at Brentford where the fans would have been happy with not getting relegated back to their usual spot in division 4. It is the mark of a good manager to change your tactics. It is the mark of a poor manager to refuse to address them. And lets not let Frank McParland off the hook either, since he came in last autumn has he signed one good player?

The grim reality is we are going to spend the rest of the season scrapping to finish in the top 4, which is not exactly what they promised when season tickets were up for renewal. But it's not all Dave Kings fault..

Hopefully the penny is dropping for the rest of the fans.

I struggled to see a plan A never mind plan B, the scum were so dominating of us.

Folk are missing the point here. I'm not writing Garner off - though if Warbuton wanted a plank of wood who spends the whole game poaching and waiting for tap ins he should have kept Kris Boyd. But that money could have bought us an international class defender!

Aw fuck up ya fenian mess.

Joey Garner was in about it today and fucking clattered their defence more than once. The problem was our other players couldn't find him. 

The other problem is a guy who has been here 3 weeks showed more fucking heart than "Rangers men" Wallace and Mckay. 

Garner was great today and showed the fight we needed

14 minutes ago, 908 said:

And the blame has to fall on the manager. Any one could see we needed a centre half, yet he has signed a couple of has beens to cover for Wilson and Kiernan if they got injured. He has also changed the midfield, bringing in another 2 has beens AND dropping Halliday & Holt - who dominated Celtics midfield last season. But the worst of all was today. Going with one centre half, who's on a booking, when you've used 3 subs already is completely unforgivable. (tu)

Where to start. I'll give it a try though.

Garner will prove to be a great signing. He is also a Championship striker. Out of all that went wrong today and has been going wrong of late, Garner is the least of my concerns.

I don't understand the second paragraph. Far superior Rangers teams, with genuine top class players have failed to perform in old firm games. I also think if our starting 11 played the way they can we would have won. Sadly they didn't and only really Windass, Tav and possibly Fod and Garner can take an credit for today IMO.

On paper, Barton and Niko looked great signings. They can still turn this around however at this moment in time they have a lot to prove. Halliday is not the answer IMO and Holt has been injured all season. I agree a fit Holt can make a difference but Warburton has not had that option available. Losing to them hurts. Losing to anyone hurts but if we're losing 3-1, i'd rather lose 5-1 giving it a go and being positive. You might as well go for broke and try to get something from the game. Even at 3-1 if Senderos doesn't sell the jerseys I thought we could still get something from the game. Defensive signings however have not been nearly good enough. They are a key reason why we are where we are. Warburton is fully to blame for the defensive shambles that we currently have.

IMO McParland and the recruitment team have certainly made more than 1 good signing.

I still think we can win the league, however at the very worst I don't have any concerns about finishing top 2. If we fail to win the league though everyone is culpable. If we finish 4th or worse then Warburton won't be here, neither will be a number of players and the board will have serious questions to answer...........

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Aw fuck up ya fenian mess.

Joey Garner was in about it today and fucking clattered their defence more than once. The problem was our other players couldn't find him. 

The other problem is a guy who has been here 3 weeks showed more fucking heart than "Rangers men" Wallace and Mckay. 

Garner was great today and showed the fight we needed

He won just about every high ball in the first half and needs better service imo, and that needs a change in tactics...right.

27 minutes ago, 908 said:

Today isn't the firsin time we have been destroyed by the Tim's - it happened twice to Advocaat - but in both cases those results were shocks. The worst thing about today was that we were all half expecting it. It has been coming, and although Celtic have spent about 10 million this summer the fact is we haven't got value for the 5 million or so we have spent. Because when you insist on only buying players from England it doesn't go far.

Ganer only touched the ball once ?  Your at It.He will turn out a great player for us but needs judged over the season not on his debut. The CH problemIs my worry and should have been sorted out when the window opened, Sanderos and Wikson would be my pairing out of the 4 we have but we need pace IN midfield to protect them, I thought Sanderos was winning a few headers early doors but his sending off was spineless, If he had haveblootered one of them and they had to go off changing the flow of the match It could have be acceptable but hand ball ffs.

5 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Ganer only touched the ball once ?  Your at It.He will turn out a great player for us but needs judged over the season not on his debut. The CH problemIs my worry and should have been sorted out when the window opened, Sanderos and Wikson would be my pairing out of the 4 we have but we need pace IN midfield to protect them, I thought Sanderos was winning a few headers early doors but his sending off was spineless, If he had haveblootered one of them and they had to go off changing the flow of the match It could have be acceptable but hand ball ffs.

3 minutes ago, piperpete said:

The handball was amatuer hour

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

That's what happens when you play a 3 man midfield in a big game like that though. You need to dominate the midfield, and that means sacrificing forwards. No other team plays 4-3-3, although if the defence was half decent we might have had a chance.