Joey sent home

scottjf82

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Saw it years back, posted on this forum and someone had pointed it out.  

Ahhh cool....i thought surely you wouldn't just scan that and notice it right away.

They could probably just write it in a proper sentence on the BBC website these days such is the standards over there.

4 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

And another tarrier sympathiser turns up . That will do for me , place is infested.

Every single person that ever disagrees with you and your halfwit opinions gets labelled a tarrier, tarrier sympathiser or apologist.

I hope you do us all a favour and log out and never return because you're a total fucking embarrassment.

For me the talk sport interview screams of someone who wants out.  A clear dig at both manager and teammates is not how you mend bridges!  I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mutual termination of contract - and i'd be delighted if that happens - free up some cash for a defender in January!!! 

4 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

For me the talk sport interview screams of someone who wants out.  A clear dig at both manager and teammates is not how you mend bridges!  I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mutual termination of contract - and i'd be delighted if that happens - free up some cash for a defender in January!!! 

Why? Sure we could easily get a fee for him . Why just let him go?  Recoup our money and make a tidy profit for once

Appreciate that but we can't sell him until January and he'll be 34 and a half by then so I don't think we'd get much. The wages between now and then will eat into any potential fee and the disruption of keeping a player who has openly accused his teammates of not being good enough and has questioned the managers decision in an unacceptable manner isn't someone who we would want to keep. 

This is all hypothetical as it could be smoothed over by Monday and we move on.  That said, Barton's interview didn't strike me as the words of a man looking to mend bridges.

3 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

Appreciate that but we can't sell him until January and he'll be 34 and a half by then so I don't think we'd get much. The wages between now and then will eat into any potential fee and the disruption of keeping a player who has openly accused his teammates of not being good enough and has questioned the managers decision in an unacceptable manner isn't someone who we would want to keep. 

This is all hypothetical as it could be smoothed over by Monday and we move on.  That said, Barton's interview didn't strike me as the words of a man looking to mend bridges.

Just maybe he was correct and if I thought I was correct, I would certainly not be taking it fucking back and if it cost me my job, too fucking bad as I would be with the wrong company. He may apologise for the manner in which he said it, if true, but not the content. No fucking way. We are shite and he did include himself in that.

40 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

And why should he apologise if he believes he wasn't in the wrong? He is an honest upfront person and not many people these days can handle honesty. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with his TalkSPORT interview, so I don't know what you're slabbering about. 

6 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

And why should he apologise if he believes he wasn't in the wrong? He is an honest upfront person and not many people these days can handle honesty. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with his TalkSPORT interview, so I don't know what you're slabbering about. 

Your missing my point and I do have sympathy with Barton's points of view.  It doesn't matter if he was right or wrong or if he should or should not apologise.  I've not made any comment about that and all I've made is an observation about why I wouldn't be surprised if we part ways with him - like I said this is purely hypothetical as it could be smoothed over and there is nothing more to it.

My interpretation is just that he's been sent home by his boss for the best part of the week and anyone in that situation typically has to play a bit of a game ,whether they like it or not, to smooth things over and to keep their head down - for example Barton's first tweet with the apology would be exactly how most people handle it (like it or not).

My concern is its not normal for someone in that position to then go on radio and say things like “You’re only as good as your team mates, so if I am to improve they have to improve." or publicly say that he doesn't agree with how the manager handled it and that there is nothing to apologies for. i' fully expect him to be forthright and make these points to MW on Monday but making them in public without the clubs approval is not the best tactical move in these situations.

He'll be back at the training ground on Monday I presume.    Should make for a busy day.   Analysis by Warburton and Weir of the 0-0 with Ross County, followed by the lets all talk about what we need to do better session, and somehow in the midst of all this welcome Barton back from exile and smooth over any remaining ruffled feathers and bruised egos.   Oh and decide who is going to play against QoS and then Aberdeen and then train with these games in mind.   And decide an approach to take at the next press conferences if the journos persist in snapping at the Barton story heels.  

Wonder if Barton, Nico, Senderos and Garner will all get some game time against QoS - all with an awful lot to do to start proving their worth to Rangers.

I can't be sure but has Barton held his twitter and radio tongue since his last twitter message on 15/9?   Radio silence until the outcome of his return on Monday is decided.    If it goes the wrong way for Barton, a potential twitter storm and radio wave blizzard awaits.   Rangers - as they have done since Barton was exiled - are studiously silent.  The journos might yet need new supplies of pencils to report on the next flurry of Barton questions (and maybe Warburton walk-outs).  

Monday is shaping up to be a lively day at Auchenhowie.   Might not just be a manic Monday - could be a busy week.  

9 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

He'll be back at the training ground on Monday I presume.    Should make for a busy day.   Analysis by Warburton and Weir of the 0-0 with Ross County, followed by the lets all talk about what we need to do better session, and somehow in the midst of all this welcome Barton back from exile and smooth over any remaining ruffled feathers and bruised egos.   Oh and decide who is going to play against QoS and then Aberdeen and then train with these games in mind.   And decide an approach to take at the next press conferences if the journos persist in snapping at the Barton story heels.  

Wonder if Barton, Nico, Senderos and Garner will all get some game time against QoS - all with an awful lot to do to start proving their worth to Rangers.

I can't be sure but has Barton held his twitter and radio tongue since his last twitter message on 15/9?   Radio silence until the outcome of his return on Monday is decided.    If it goes the wrong way for Barton, a potential twitter storm and radio wave blizzard awaits.   Rangers - as they have done since Barton was exiled - are studiously silent.  The journos might yet need new supplies of pencils to report on the next flurry of Barton questions (and maybe Warburton walk-outs).  

Monday is shaping up to be a lively day at Auchenhowie.   Might not just be a manic Monday - could be a busy week.  

I noticed this on the Sky Sports paper review:

"Sunday Times"

Joey Barton's controversial spell at Rangers is set to end at a meeting tomorrow with manager Mark Warburton.

???????

1 minute ago, rfc1990 said:

Barton has a book signing organised for Wednesday night down in London. It will be interesting to see if it goes ahead or not.

Good point.  I don't know if he's earmarked to do any book signing events on the launch day - if so then it sure does get in the way of football training.     Maybe the book signing stuff happens later and the book launch doesn't require the player to be at some event.    BTW, the spat at Rangers will have done publicity for the book launch no harm at all - its propelled him back to somewhere near the front of media attention.  

One thing though, and probably true to reputation and form, he's bound to be saying controversial things in his book which in itself then leads to more media attention on Scotland as they delve into his revelations ........which creates yet more distraction.

Sunday times reporting that he was explicitly told to keep a low profile following the bust up and then went on to do the talk sport interview. This did not go down well and they are saying there is no way back for him and are saying it's either a potential sacking for misconduct or some form of payoff.

either way reconciliation looks to not be on the cards.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I noticed this on the Sky Sports paper review:

"Sunday Times"

Joey Barton's controversial spell at Rangers is set to end at a meeting tomorrow with manager Mark Warburton.

???????

Wonder how accurate that report is or whether it is speculating at the boundaries of what might happen.    

It's only a view but if what happened was of a nature that relations cannot feasibly be repaired at all or in any sort of quick order then just exiling him with a requirement to think again about what was said / done and report back does not seem to fit with a 'its ended' message on Monday.    Of course if the thing was so heated that separation time was needed before an 'its ended' message could be transmitted by Rangers in the cold light of day then the bust up must have been far more intense than I've believed so far largely based on the Barton twitter account of things since Rangers has gone all ostrich-like in communicating anything at all.

Also - and this is one for those who know about employment contracts - bringing the contract to an end because an employee has breached some term of his contract would presumably have to be in the category of gross (and wilful) breach for immediate termination to be applied.    A different story perhaps if it suited both parties to mutually terminate ......and then the discussion becomes compensation.  

For now and in the absence of statements from Rangers about what happened and noting Barton's twitter account of events, the ST story feels a bit like the media looking to see if the temperature of this can be raised a notch or two in the hope that the story can be kept on the boil for a while longer, oh and to keep disruption at Ibrox on the boil for a while longer too. 

Monday will presumably reveal all.