All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

I imagine Barton will have taken some professional advice on what he should do / not do in terms of his conduct when he returns to Ibrox a week on Monday after his punitive suspension period ends.

I imagine Warburton will also have been briefed by Rangers' senior execs and HR people and told exactly what line Warburton must follow in terms of how Barton behaves going forward.

It is about going forward as far as I can read it.   What's done is done and punishment in the form of a suspension has been meted out.  It'll be behind the Club and Barton and the 'issue' ended unless some further relevant disciplinary thing arises in the future which entitles the Club to harp back to this first 'issue' in deciding what to do in future. 

Assuming Barton still wants to make a positive contribution to Rangers and see out the remaining (nearly 2 years) term of his contract it will be interesting to see how Warburton handles this.  After a week on Monday and with the (perhaps big) assumption that Barton does nothing to generate another disciplinary issue, the questions will be can Warburton work with him and is Warburton prepared to be serious about considering Barton as a first team squad player with full equality in terms of consideration for games as the other first team squad players?

Of course Barton will have to earn the right to be considered for games and first off will be establishing a level of fitness comparable to the other first team players.   Don't know how long that will take.   But again assuming Barton applies himself it may be tricky territory if, after a prolonged period - say a month or so and assuming no injuries picked up - Warburton was citing lack of fitness as a reason for not considering him for first team football then it might appear that Barton had been black-balled by Warburton.    That sort of thing would open up a real can of worms for the Club if the perception was that Barton was still being punished after his suspension had been served.  

I'll be interested to hear what Warburton has to say when Barton arrives back.   It will also be interesting to hear what Barton has to say since the agreed mutual Rangers / Barton embargo on public comment about the 'issue' will presumably elapse when the suspension ends.    

One thing is for sure, towards the end of next week and on the following Monday media attention will be firmly focused on Barton and Warburton on what they say and do when the suspension ends.   My assumption for now is Warburton will confirm the suspension has been served and the matter is behind them, with Barton welcomed back. and with Warburton looking forward to no further issues and Barton working hard to regain full fitness and being available for first team selection.   I assume Barton will simply agree with that and a firm line is drawn under the 'issue'.    That of course might not be what many in the Support would want or believe is right but at present - assuming Barton reports for duty a week on Monday - I can't see any other way Rangers can play it. 

9 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I imagine Barton will have taken some professional advice on what he should do / not do in terms of his conduct when he returns to Ibrox a week on Monday after his punitive suspension period ends.

I imagine Warburton will also have been briefed by Rangers' senior execs and HR people and told exactly what line Warburton must follow in terms of how Barton behaves going forward.

It is about going forward as far as I can read it.   What's done is done and punishment in the form of a suspension has been meted out.  It'll be behind the Club and Barton and the 'issue' ended unless some further relevant disciplinary thing arises in the future which entitles the Club to harp back to this first 'issue' in deciding what to do in future. 

Assuming Barton still wants to make a positive contribution to Rangers and see out the remaining (nearly 2 years) term of his contract it will be interesting to see how Warburton handles this.  After a week on Monday and with the (perhaps big) assumption that Barton does nothing to generate another disciplinary issue, the questions will be can Warburton work with him and is Warburton prepared to be serious about considering Barton as a first team squad player with full equality in terms of consideration for games as the other first team squad players?

Of course Barton will have to earn the right to be considered for games and first off will be establishing a level of fitness comparable to the other first team players.   Don't know how long that will take.   But again assuming Barton applies himself it may be tricky territory if, after a prolonged period - say a month or so and assuming no injuries picked up - Warburton was citing lack of fitness as a reason for not considering him for first team football then it might appear that Barton had been black-balled by Warburton.    That sort of thing would open up a real can of worms for the Club if the perception was that Barton was still being punished after his suspension had been served.  

I'll be interested to hear what Warburton has to say when Barton arrives back.   It will also be interesting to hear what Barton has to say since the agreed mutual Rangers / Barton embargo on public comment about the 'issue' will presumably elapse when the suspension ends.    

One thing is for sure, towards the end of next week and on the following Monday media attention will be firmly focused on Barton and Warburton on what they say and do when the suspension ends.   My assumption for now is Warburton will confirm the suspension has been served and the matter is behind them, with Barton welcomed back. and with Warburton looking forward to no further issues and Barton working hard to regain full fitness and being available for first team selection.   I assume Barton will simply agree with that and a firm line is drawn under the 'issue'.    That of course might not be what many in the Support would want or believe is right but at present - assuming Barton reports for duty a week on Monday - I can't see any other way Rangers can play it. 

I agree, hopefully it will be done through RTV and not by feeding the goldfish in the media goldfish bowl. 

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Recent results prove any poor performances and disruption really don't have anything to do with Barton and he's just been made a scapegoat.

Hopefully he's still been keeping fit while being suspended and he can come back and help improve our season 

(tu)

41 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Joey talks well Sweetheart but he still has to produce on the park and so far that has not happened.

I agree,he does. Did you watch that video I posted? In it he says what makes him tick as a player and what he needs to get the best out of him. Personally I'd do what Derek McInnes did with Fernando and offer him more responsibility but then what do I know i'm not a football manager.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

I agree,he does. Did you watch that video I posted? In it he says what makes him tick as a player and what he needs to get the best out of him. Personally I'd do what Derek McInnes did with Fernado and offer him more responsibility but then what do I know i'm not a football manager.

I watched the video or I would not have commented on it or told you why I had not watched it if I had not. We made mistakes early doors by playing Barton and Rossiter together as that is like playing two goalkeepers, they are the same type of player and not what is needed in the center.

JB has a hell of a lot to prove and not only to the support and management but also to himself, he has two ways of proceeding and I hope he takes the choice of knuckling down and getting on with things, playing to his potential would also be nice. We will know in a few weeks who comes back and then we will have to make a decision and if need be like Balotelli get him to f*ck.

7 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I watched the video or I would not have commented on it or told you why I had not watched it if I had not. We made mistakes early doors by playing Barton and Rossiter together as that is like playing two goalkeepers, they are the same type of player and not what is needed in the center.

JB has a hell of a lot to prove and not only to the support and management but also to himself, he has two ways of proceeding and I hope he takes the choice of knuckling down and getting on with things, playing to his potential would also be nice. We will know in a few weeks who comes back and then we will have to make a decision and if need be like Balotelli get him to f*ck.

Agreed, I still think MW can a grip on him. first by banning him on social media with reference to club matters, Just let him do retweets like the gaffer does on his. secondly i'd give him more responsibility the example being  Derek McInnes/Fernando once he's earned his jersey and place back on the team.

He's not going to play for Rangers again. I think people are dreaming if they think there will be a reconciliation and he'l be back. The manager doesn't want to have him around and it seems the players and staff don't like working with him. 

He'l be gone. 

5 minutes ago, gsa said:

He's not going to play for Rangers again. I think people are dreaming if they think there will be a reconciliation and he'l be back. The manager doesn't want to have him around and it seems the players and staff don't like working with him. 

He'l be gone. 

Where are you hearing this from?

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'll take your word. You must know something if you can 100% guarantee he'll not be playing for Rangers again.

The only thing I know is that he'll not be playing for Rangers again!

59 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

What's your point? The guy said he's 100% sure he won't play for Rangers again. I'm not going to doubt him

It's his opinion, that's all.

You doubt just about anything and everything to do with our Club or Board, but not some random on the internet :lol:

I can see him getting another chance. Hopefully he gets the head down and finally begins to prove his worth.

I'm just worried he walks right back into the squad because of who he is without actually earning it. 

I don't know what he's been up to (if anything) behind the scenes to get fitter etc, but he absolutely doesn't deserve to just walk back in.